What Does Co- Dependent Mean

• I hear the term co-dependent used so much and how you should not become co-dependent but be independent and stand strong like an oak tree with your roots firmly planted in your own beliefs and standards. Yet is'nt everything on this earth plane co-dependent upon something connected to it like:

The sky is co-dependent upon by rain to nourish the crops that the people of earth are than co-dependent upon to harvest to feed the multitudes.

The trees are codependent upon the rain from the sky to water and nourish them so that the people of earth can depend upon having kleenex and much needed tolit paper.

We co-depend on The Almighty to answer prayers and help us to find the right psychic, counsler, minister that will shed some much needed light on what we are all so co-dependent on: Love , seeking it and finding it from whatever source there is that brings a fullness to the emptyness within us, be it another human being, an animal , a material need like a new car, house, dress.

Personally I want to be co-dependent for the rest of my life on Heaven above, and in so doing give of myself to those that are searching and needing just the gifts that Heaven above gave to me to share and care with to each and every person in need. I know that there are some out there that take co-dependent to another level and let it ruin their own essense of soul. You should never let another person take the place of you and what you have to give , norish your reason for being here so that you love yourself so much that you have plenty of love to give and than can still be the person you were meant to be.

What are your thoughts?

• Dearest Shuabby,

I always read your posts with great interest. I especially enjoyed this positive definition of the word "Co- Dependent". It usually has such a negative conotation.

Thank you for pointing out that although we should all strive to be independent, the flip side of that coin is our need for others on our journey in this life.

Your thought that moved me the most was:

"Personally I want to be co-dependent for the rest of my life on Heaven above, and in so doing give of myself to those that are searching and needing just the gifts that Heaven above gave to me to share and care with to each and every person in need."

Let us all be co-dependent on Heaven above....

Love and Light

• Hmm, to me co-dependency implies leaning on something or someone. It suggests a need rather than a desire. I think we can enjoy each others' company but not rely on it or use it as a crutch that stops us standing on our own feet. The dictionary says it means 'mutually dependent' - perhaps mutually independent might be a better idea?