Dating. Waiting... Contemplating.....

• For those of you who haven't seen the film I'd like to discuss the dating scene and messages...or lack of them when in the world of dating!.......

This rather general statement seems common in life if you think about it. Surely if a man likes you, wants to date you then he will persist in getting you? He WILL make an effort with you.

Is a lack of communication from what you thought were good dates, really just a clear sign that they are not interested?

But we don't want to believe it because we don't want to accept the rejection, we want to keep hoping...

It is hard to admit or to tell another. But quotes like" Less thinking more doing" and "actions speak louder then words" really are things we should, (myself included) try to apply to our own lives.

Maybe we should, as single women in the tough dating world try and accept that maybe that someone you thought was your ideal partner, may in fact not feel the same way, and their behaviour (not that is is pleasant to experience) by ignoring your texts or making no effort to meet up is evidence of this. We should stop making excuses for their cowardly behaviour, but move on and forget, because if someone isn't giving as much as you are then they were not worth it anyway..

after all "Love finds a way?" and if something is meant to be, it will happen, naturally, cosmically, or whatever way you believe.

I am trying to toughen up and realise that we are not always someone's cup of tea. It's not nice, but I believe there is someone for everyone, and every experience, although we may not understand it, can at least make us tougher..

And maybe by applying this common reality to our lives, we can move on quicker, and in theory meet out ideal partner sooner because...." nature abhors a vacuum"

I would appreciate your opinions on this and if anyone finds themselves more common then not in a situation where we are waiting anxiously by the phone, for it to call, or checking our email only to find a lose weight spam mail there instead. Waiting that is, for that guy to call, the guy who we have dated? they guy you been on many dates with? Constantly trying to think back to what is was you did wrong? or if only you had done something differently?

Happiness surely comes from within, one person and another coming together don't make one, a relationship is three components, you, them and what you share, I believe a parner is just the cherry on the cake, we should be looking for someone to enhance our lives (and theirs) not someone to complete it.

I believe everything happens for a reason and drumming tough reality in to my own head is hard enough! I just want to share it with you because I think ultimately, it's going to make us less likely to dwell on things that we simply cannot change. So we can just move the heck on and be happy.

• I dont think there is much left to be said Kezza seems you've hit plenty of nails on the head!

• Kezza33>>>>>Maybe we should, as single women in the tough dating world try and accept that maybe that someone you thought was your ideal partner, may in fact not feel the same way, and their behaviour (not that is is pleasant to experience) by ignoring your texts or making no effort to meet up is evidence of this. We should stop making excuses for their cowardly behaviour, but move on and forget, because if someone isn't giving as much as you are then they were not worth it anyway.. after all "Love finds a way?" and if something is meant to be, it will happen, naturally, cosmically, or whatever way you believe.

well said Kezza, well said indeed. I have been saying this for a long time, and as painful as it is to accept the truth on how the other feels about you, it 's better to know the truth, so you can let go and move on. Things are not always as they appear, and I do agree it's not easy to have someone come right out and say "I am just not that into you"

women need to realize and understand that they do plenty of their own rejection when they are not interested in a man. Ladies, Ladies, put yourself in others shoes, and see if it's so easy to come right out and say, " I am not interested in you, but thanks for the dinner!"

well said Kezza...

• Part of the problem is that men lead us on to believe that there is potential there, when in reality they're just trying to get us to sleep with them. Then once you do, even if you make them wait, they suddenly lose interest and the relationship that you thought was going well fades out and they're onto their next conquest. Some are easier to figure out than others, but it seems like a lot of men have this down to a science and it's hard to figure out at the beginning. I wish there was a way to see through their intentions at the beginning instead of being led on to believe that there is more and getting your heart broken.

• Thanks for the comments!

and lepekaline.. I totally agree with you. that would be great!