TAROT TIMING

• I know this question has probably been asked hundreds of times.....

how is timing determined... by suit...??????

thanks

• This is the way I learnt.

Cups = Summer = Days

Wands = Spring = weeks

Pentacles = winter = years

Swords = Autumn = months

• THANKS.. appreciate it sashamoon....

• Very interesting approach, sashamoon. I will remember this way of calculating "timing".

When I learned to read, I was taught that the timing is all in the INTENTION of the querent. Keeps things simple.

I read anywhere from the present moment to six months out, but don't go further than six months. That's what I was taught.

This was an excellent question.

Peace.

• Thank you for that information. As a person that is a "novice" at reading...I have had people ask me time frames and I didn't know how to calculate this out. My question is if you have a spread, say the Celtic Cross how would you go about using this guideline to determine time? Would you apply the time frame to each card for that position? Or would you look at the most prominent suit and use that or??? I have also been told that the number of the card is an indicator also. If you pull the 3 of Swords, that would mean 3 months? Is that correct?

• "say the Celtic Cross how would you go about using this guideline to determine time?"

With the Celtic Cross I use card number 10 which is the outcome card for the time frame, if the card is a major arcana or a suit card I count backwards to the next card until I hit a numbered card although suit cards can be used as-well. It's up to the individual/reader.

" If you pull the 3 of Swords, that would mean 3 months? Is that correct?"

Yes. 🙂

• "Very interesting approach, sashamoon. I will remember this way of calculating "timing".

When I learned to read, I was taught that the timing is all in the INTENTION of the querent. Keeps things simple.

I read anywhere from the present moment to six months out, but don't go further than six months. That's what I was taught."

Yep that is what I usually go by unless the querent wants a specific time frame. 🙂