HELP, my aqua man has me tied in knots

• Hi,

My aquaman and i have known each other for 24 years, since we have been kids. we always have been the best of friends even after we gave the relationship a try 7 years ago and it couldn't work because of long distance. About two months ago, we decided to give it a try. It was great until i committed the biggest mistake of my life. I divulged a family issue of his that has got him rethinking the whole relationship because he is not sure to trust me anymore. He says he needs time apart, a break and states that he cannot give a time frame. Recently we have seen each other and his demeanor has improved. When i hug him, he hugs me back, i tell him i love him and he tells me he loves me too and if i give him a peck he also responds.

Apart from that he doesn't call me, try to see me or even try to rekindle the friendship.

I don't know what to do anymore. I am also confused by the signals.

Is it over or is it a break? is he still into me or not ? should i be patient? how should i deal with this?

• HELP PLEASE!!!

HE IS MY BEST FRIEND AND I MISS HIM SO MUCH. FURTHERMORE I DON'T WANT TO LOSE THE FRIENDSHIP EVEN IF IT MEANS SACRIFICING A POSSIBLE RELATIONSHIP.

• My bff did something like this to me once and now I’m very careful not to tell her anything that might be mistakenly divulged. It was easy to forgive considering it was unintentional and it wasn’t all that bad, but it took awhile to feel comfortable around her again. However, I’m not in love with her lol, so I don’t need to place my complete trust in her the same way as I would my partner. One thing you do need to do is give him space; he’s processing. If you become too clingy or pushy it will make him even more uncomfortable. It’s a good sign that he isn’t treating you coldly because if that were the case then I would say that it’s done. Just give it some time and it will fade, more so when the family issue is resolved. It doesn’t hurt to check up on him every once in awhile, but don’t push him. Whether you lose the relationship really depends on how big that indiscretion is, but I don’t think you’ll lose the friendship.