RCdreamer Writes....

• I’ve been encouraged to begin a diary if you will so let’s begin. I came here searching for answers and was pleasantly surprised to find the aid of some truly wonderful and gifted individuals willing to reach out to little old me.

Over the course of the last calendar year and over some time before that I’ve been on a personal journey to better understand the cards life has dealt me and on some strange level just how I managed to continue to get up each day. When I arrived here I was grasping, I was desperate, I wanted the answers I wanted to hear. Mind you I didn’t know that at the time but I do now. I won’t say I don’t still have days like that but I’d like to believe they are fewer and farther between than they used to be.

I encourage those reading my postings to offer their own opinions. Share their experiences. Just be present and know you will not harshly be judged for the curiosity.

I will tell you time and time again “I’m no psychic” but I know deep down I have psychic abilities, it has passed from generation to generation amongst my family. Admitting that here is HUGE. And yet I believe everyone is born with those tendencies it is what we do to develop them or discourage them that helps make us who we are today. In a society where such natural yet supernatural tendencies have been seen horrifically, during the times when people were persecuted for sharing their experiences, at a time when such things were thought to be impossible. Yet today we have shows like Charmed, Supernatural, Medium, Ghost Whisperer and more where such gifts are not looked at as acts against the almighty. I won’t ask you to agree with me. I was born and raised Catholic but this isn’t about religion. It’s about a part of us something that awakens within, something that just is and is often times unexplainable. Share with me your thoughts, your feelings, let’s learn together, help one another, find strength in numbers. This won’t always be about abilities, it will also be about family, friends, everyday life just what makes me tick and at times what makes me tick like a time bomb. Welcome to RCdreamer writes.

• I decided not long after first encountering Tarot.com that I need to experience healing in my life. I needed to put the past behind me once and for all. Come to terms with the things that altered my course, ask for forgiveness where I was wrong and find a way to forgive in my own heart those who hurt me over the years. Now for those of you reading this that are blessed enough to just let stuff like that roll of your back, I’m sure you think my journey is a silly one. But if you carry with you old hurts that haunt you, I’m more like you. The sting of a pain you felt when a bully wronged you as a child, words you cannot escape that cut so deep you still feel the pain, moments when you wished you could stop time and run it backwards to change a reaction or something said that was harmful. I’ve been there, done that, was the kid hurt, made the mistakes, said the wrong things, wished I hadn’t or they hadn’t or I could take them back…..and now here I am.

The guidance I’ve received here has helped me to face my demons, oddly enough most of which I created myself. Carrying the guilt of choices made in the past. Feeling as if I let down my family or hurt others through my actions or perhaps those actions I should have taken and didn’t. I have carried with me pains created by things I don’t remember because they hurt me enough to push them away. Some would think I need the couch of a psychologist. Truth be told I’d be the first to agree with them at times.

But along the way during this period of self reflection I came to terms with the gifts I have had all my life. As a child I knew things, people here understand that, the average Joe, not so much! People dream dreams, they see things happen my own daughter inherited that gift. Some people see spirits, others just know they are there. I know, the lack of “seeing” can freak me out but the knowing always has my attention. Ever hear a voice speak to you and know you are in the room alone. Or should I say you thought you were. I hear things, sometimes. That “still small voice” that is never loud enough to get through my thick skull. Trust it! If you are like me more often than not you have shrugged your shoulders and thought it must be my imagination. Only to realize a short time later you were being warned. Have you ever experienced a feeling that you shouldn’t go somewhere? Did you ever just suddenly know someone was dead, only to get the news a short time later. When the phone rings do you say it’s so and so and find out you were right. Me too, me too and me too.

My mom used to tell the story of being born with a veil. It was something her grandmother told her to help explain why she knew what she did or saw what she saw. I know as a child I used to tell people things that were going to happen without realizing what I was doing. My daughter would dream and her dreams were premonitions. Sharing that and learning about it scared her. My granddaughter she sees our “visitors”, try to explain that to a 2 year old. Sometimes I think it’s her who is explaining it all to me. I really think I learn something new every day. I know one thing there are days when I don’t find the time to come here and I don’t like that. And then there are days when I come here and instantly feel better about an otherwise crummy day. I hope on the pages that follow I can do or say something that will make your day better. Writing has always been an outlet for me, my words may not be perfect, you may see an error here or there but trust this they come from the heart every time, that’s just me.

• Oh my dear beautiful RC......I am blown away with this!!...I was just about to go to bed, but I saw your post to me!! I'm SO glad I saw it before I go to sleep!!....I just KNEW you should be writing all your life experiences down in "your diary"!!!...your thoughts, your words are going to be SO SO very helpful to us ALL....I feel very blessed to read and take in and learn from you!!....you are a treasure!! hope you REALLY know this!!!....I so look forward to many more days of "YOUR DIARY" my friend....I really do feel your beautiful heart!!....

night night RC see you tomorrow

x

• RCdreamer

As I've said before, everyone has psychic ability. everyone has access to universal guidance.

the only difference is that some people takes time to develop it, while some people are more 'sensitive'. this is why learning to develop intuition is better than relying on other people's ability, especially because each person has it anyway.

I keep a journal myself, I write my dreams and visions I receive in meditations, any other guidance I receive from those more knowledgeable than I am. It's a good thing to keep track of them, that's how I find answers and solutions, by going back in time. because if the lesson was not learned in the past, then it will repeat. so when I go back to read past events, I actually learn the lessons. Those I learn from, are not in this forum. But I do learn much about astrology from 2 great people in this forum. We can learn from anything and anybody, even the most unlikely people. I once had a young (and some would call him incompetent) boss that I didn't like, and yet from him I learned not to let negativity affects me. From a constant whiner at work, I actually learned to 'work to live' not 'live to work' a good lesson in managing energy. From a fanatical mother, I learned to have pride in myself and (if I ever have a child) in raising my offspring. because where will mother's pride lie, if not in the success of her offspring? From cheaters and liars I have met, I learned to be cautious. There is a saying 'you don't steal from a thief'. From a violent person, I learned to protect myself. because that is the only way to stay alive around him.

I still don't like them, but I can't say they don't teach me anything, because the journal records it all and since life is about learning and moving forward, keeping a journal is like keeping a record of wisdom and knowledge you have learned. It's fun keeping journals, although I lost a few diaries when I moved out. But the most important ones are still strong in memory.

• HealingWays and LeoScorpion thank you both for your comments. I'm not sure if this "diary" if you want to call it that will come across as sharing an experience or me being a pompous you know what, the latter is certainly not my intention. Believe me when I say I have learned a great deal on this forum and I have learned a great deal outside this forum also. But what matters most is that I have opened up to that learning experience, something I might not have done say five years ago.

It was a tiring day with the little one, she has far more energy than this grandmother but I simply love every second I get to spend with her and watching her explore the world around her.

Lately I'm feeling very pressured, very tired, drained. Some might know how that correlates to the planetary alignments and such as for me I'm no expert on that topic in any way, shape or form. I read a lot about it but have barely begun to truly understand much of it at all. I wondered today if the hurricane approaching our East Coast could have this affect on us? I guess that is something worth looking up.

So tonight as I head for bed, I will do so being thankful for my many blessings and with the intentions I hope will bring about answers as my body rests.

• RC, you could never come across as pompous!! we all know your beautiful "energy"....

and talking of a different type of energy, I know what you mean about the tiredness and feeling drained, I haven't had much quality sleep in long time, yes, I get about 7 or8 hours most nights, but is restless sleep, I've been trying all sorts of things to improve it....but, I have to say, it's mainly caused by my irrational fear of being alone in this house at night, it is my biggest quest at this moment of my life to learn the lesson of "letting go of irrational fear".....I know I will succeed!!....

looking forward to reading more of your daily thoughts and insights my friend 🙂

LeoScorpion, I wished I had kept a diary from all my experiences from years ago, I kind of gave it ago in my school days but I didn't stick with it, I can see now what a wonderful tool for learning about ourselves it could be, but I was a very young Mum and went on to have four children and the thought of keeping a diary went out the window....and how true when you say it's all about "learning and moving forward" 🙂

• Hi everyone.

Thank you RC for starting this thread 🙂

This morning , I was just scouring the net on dreams - something I've done before,but my dreams are becoming more vivid with people I don't know - 1 in particular has appeared several times now - I am incredibly comfortable with these people - esp. this one , with whom I am so very closely connected.

Any one have opinions/ideas on familiar strangers in dreams ? places you've never been too or are aware of ever having seen-that feel like home?

A stranger - of the opposite sex that is also 'like home' ..( I want to add,that my dream experiences with this 'other' , whilst it's so intimate, it's not really s**ual , it doesn't feel needy either, but holding & touching(-by that I mean like holding/touching eachothers hands) is something I / we can't get enough of!! the first dream I remember, we were talking & our lips touched-like a kiss-but we were uttering the same things - talking at the same time-not actually kissing.This stranger is quite alot taller than me too.It feels complete!

• HealingWays, Glad I don't come across as too full of hot air as they say. LOL As for your irrational fear, don't think of it as irrational. To you it is very real therefore you must overcome it. Do you have any pets? Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or closed? These may seem like silly questions but I have been where you are. Years ago like many who have these insights we do I had and still do have a horrible fear of darkness. Now don't get me wrong I have overcome some of that, I still prefer a light to be on somewhere it just doesn't necessarily have to be in the room I'm in. But complete darkness just weirds me out to an almost intolerable condition. Anyway, if you have a dog or cat do they sleep in your room? If not, their presence there might make you more comfortable in not feeling so alone. If there is not pet to cuddle up to or feel the presence of then we go to the door. Some people are perfectly comfortable sleeping with a wide open door, it allows more air in, you can hear if there is a noise elsewhere in the house, no closed off feeling etc. But i have found using the closed door is the flip side, yes it may lack a little air flow but seems somehow more secure, I can still hear a pin drop if there is a noise in my house but with the door closed it's easier to rationalize oh that was the branch against the window, that was the heater kicking on, that was the neighbor slamming the laundry room door, etc. As for the light, I got around that too but keeping a nightlight of sorts on in the hallway. Even the tightest of doors has a minor crack to allow in light somewhere and for me that is just enough to keep me sane.

I must say since I was told about counting my blessings before I go to sleep it has made a big difference in the mood in which I wake up each morning. I'm kind of a morning person anyway so I don't usually wake up super grumpy but I do need a few minutes to collect myself, something that can be lacking in the home of a two year old. Mind you it makes my night time ritual a little longer and I'll admit I often times fall asleep before I am done but I've seen the difference in myself.

I'm with you on the sleep issues. Waking up fully drained after sleeping 6-8 hours. I'm hoping when the crisp air of fall arrives, perhaps all that will change, maybe it's just the transition and I never noticed it before.

• peacelili, glad you liked the thread so far. As far as the dreams go I've found since I am opening up more my dreams are becoming more vivid, more complicated, at times they wear me out. Like you I often see people that are unfamiliar to me but they are often times mixed in with those I do know. Your connection to the place almost sounds like a deja vu moment like perhaps you lived there in a different lifetime so it is familiar to you. Or you could be astral planing there and just not realize your spirit is leaving you body to go on the prowl so to speak. Ever feel like you fall like a thud into your bed? If so, you are probably traveling.

With respect to the intimate relationship in your dreams. I'm no expert there. You could be encountering a soul mate, perhaps you are just creating in your mind the perfect scenario. Wouldn't it be nice after all to have the perfect relationship with someone you truly care about who loves you in all the ways you want them to unconditionally? I think everyone wants that on some level.

If you think of it before you go to bed next time, put the thought into your mind that you want to ask who this person is, what is their connection to you? Perhaps in the dream you'll get the answer you are seeking.

• Today I can't help but think of The Abundance Broadcast. I was so honored to be chosen and had high expectations for what I was hoping to get out of it. I'll admit it the first thing I thought of was some financial relief, plain old ordinary, money. I found myself disappointed when at first it didn't come my way almost miraculously. The truth is I don't think I was open to receive it in the beginning even if it had come my way. But in the process I've realized that abundance and prosperity are not only measured by dollars and cents. As I struggled with my frustration I noticed other things, dreams becoming more clear, lasting long enough to remember, people connecting with me who had long been apart, sharing of thoughts and beliefs in ways I never could on what I refer to as "the outside world". So in as much as I didn't get the big bucks I'd been hoping for I did receive abundant love from those praying on my behalf. I received prosperity in the form of their sharing with me the hope for something better. I learned to open up more as I now admit I was closed off in so many ways. Learning to open up is an experience for me. I've lived behind my walls for so long the concept of being open, open to receive, to actually concentrate on doing something to make my own needs and desires important was a tough one for me to wrap my head around. I think I am beginning to get it though on some levels. I don't doubt I'll still put others needs before my own but maybe once in a while I will consider my own a little more important once in a while.

• RC! I love it! What a great idea and good way for you to share your thoughts and feelings on life and the paths that we all have to follow in this journey of life. Like you said, times have changed and Psychic abilities have always been around since the beginning of time, people just didn't know how to relate to it. I believe that it is a gift from GOD and also probably a part of how old your soul is or how it has evolved in different life times. I guess if a soul has been in-carnated many times, it will probably remember all the gifts, they say especially young children remember which is why they often tell you "things" or their parents "things" and the parents either brushes it off or learns to deal with it. Religion frowned down on these type of ablilities througout history because maybe the "truth" would perhaps take away thier power over the people and so they instilled fear i.e.(The devil or Witchcraft) I love you and support you 100% and I pray this helps you heal mind body and soul. Maybe as you accept your gifts you will be happier and be the soul you were meant to be, your gifts are just that a gift and I believe you will grow faster and evolve into a powerhouse! You go girl!

• I too just opened up my forums and came right here! What an Abundance of creative beautiful opening & generosiity FROM you to be sharing here in this way:-)

I'm MAD with packing--will have to be out of my house in a couple of weeks..SO let me just say two things:

1--YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL & WONDERFUL & I AM GRATEFUL TO BE SHARING YOUR JOURNEY

2- ABUNDANCE IS COMING--JUST BE OPEN TO IT! THE ENERGIES HAVE BEGUN TO FLOW

and IT WILL CONTINUE TO FLOW--BE OPEN! HAVE NO EXPECTATIONS BEYOND THE BROADCAST HAS BEGUN an AMAZING FLOW of THAT WHICH WE NEED COMING WHEN WE NEED IT!

I--& all of my guardians-- applaud you--can you hear the crowd? Just for YOU!

LOVE & LIGHT!

LOVE & LIGHT

• Thank you Poetic and RisingPhoenix for your kind support. I so appreciate it believe me.

This journey I believe is one that everyone here is on, on some level. Some may not even realize it yet, it's just a matter of accepting the challenge. I for one accept it and am very excited to be a part of it. Each day as new understandings come my way I realize how much time I've spent fighting the natural flow of energy all these many years. We get caught up in the modern world in which we live and forget the humble beginnings from which we came. Not us personally but us as a people, as a spiritual family all over the world, as a part of your own family from many generations ago to you and your own offspring. We've come a long way. But I for one believe new doors are opening up for us everyday and soon the power that seems invisible will show itself in the light.

• healingways

there is time for everything. there is reason for everything.

you can always start a diary now, or soon. because life is to learn and move forward, it is a journey, and therefore keeping a 'journal' will be very helpful. it's like keeping a memory close, a memory of previous turns in life you have taken. if these turns were not leading you where you wanted to be, you will remember - not - to take these turns again.

an ancient proverb says, a 1000 miles journey starts with a step. the steps you are taking in the journey is what matters. take the step that counts, only these steps will lead you where you want to be.

RCdreamer

Do not make it a concern, whether people think you are being pompous or not, what they think of you and of what you are doing. What matters is your intention, if you genuinely want to share and not judging anyone, do not let anyone’s opinion stop you. I have been called some things on here too, and they don't stop me. Because to some people, it’s more important to be recognized, then to just give. I can boast my spirit guide if I want to, but I don’t. Because that is not what she wants, and not what she is here for. I can attack many threads here, even of those who call me things, to show them how shallow they are. I can, because the posts we both responded to, actually show they are not as awesome as they want people think they are and the post starters confirm it. But you see, I don’t waste my time doing that. Because they want to be recognized, and if I attack them, the threads will grow big and so they will gain exactly that. You will be surprised to know, that in the beginning these people were feeling down, I was there. Since I wasn’t the only one responding to them when they were feeling low, you would wonder how many other people here (and in real life) they turned their backs on?

The 2 people I learned from in this forum are astrologers. One used to teach it, and the other has been learning it for many years. Their names are ScarsandStars and Highpriestess3. Everything else I learned it from those outside the forum, and of course my spirit guides. All of them, have sufficient knowledge of the cosmos and that’s what drives me to learn astrology in the first place. I am very thankful of all the teachings from everyone and everything. Astrology, not astronomy, is about learning wisdom in the cosmos. The ancients learned it, so why would modern humans underestimate it, is beyond me. Only if they understand astrology, really really understand it, then they will know how important zodiacal ages are and there will be less people wondering what will happen, when they will die etc There is no sign better to express freedom than Aquarius. This is what the age of Light is bringing us. Freedom of manipulation. Free individuality. Because only if we are free, we will be able to find our truth. If we are restricted, we can't go where we need (or want) to go and so life experiences are limited, so are the lessons. Limited lessons lead to limited knowledge. This is the very thing that you will not find in the age of Aquarius. Restrictive religions are not based on spirituality, otherwise they wouldn’t be restrictive. Because spirituality is a broad concept, there is no way we can place it all in one book, restrict it to one god and make dogmas for everything else. Since Angels transcend religions, spiritual guidance also transcends religions. There is guidance everywhere and for everyone. This is why we can learn from everyone and everything, even the most unlikely people. The Age of Aquarius will see to it that these unhealthy boundaries are smashed.

Age of Aquarius, is an age of individuality. Your individual strength will be emphasized, while you function in community. Because community will not function if the individuals in it are not ‘functioning’. This is nothing to do with Aquarius person, it is zodiacal age, cosmic influence throughout the universe. In the age of Leo, age of rulership, the ancients established kingship. Community became group, and each had their own leaders. Wisdom would be gained by leaders and shared it to the people so that they could gain their own access to guidance. Only the wisest leaders would last and be supported by his people, and the strongest nation or tribe was the one with the wisest leader. Territories were established (Lions, cats are very territorial) and expanded. So there was no restriction here. Lions are adventurous, like cats we jump into things, forever curious. This must have been the age of great knowledge too, as recorded in history. If you are not curious, you will not look for answers. The more you look, the more you will find, the more you will analyze and record to pass down to the next generation.

I don’t always have time to look at cosmic alignments, but I noticed (and a great astrologer also mentioned it ) that the universe is working at accelerated speed. I noticed it since 2000. It might have started a lot earlier than that, but I lost most journals when I moved so I only had short memories of anything in the 1990s (I was born in the 1970s). This means, the wheel of karma is turning faster than ever before. Any negative or positive energy we send out, will be returned to us in a short period, and the period gets shorter as we get closer to the new age of Aquarius. What used to take years (some things involve red tape bureaucracies) now they would take days (bureaucracy manipulation will tumble down in the age of Aquarius, because Aquarius does not allow restriction. Those are ruled by Capricorn). Planetary alignments will show us what event will unfold and what situation we will encounter. Think of us as drivers and out of the sudden the cars are speeding out of control. We have the choice to jump out of speeding cars, or just hold on tight hoping seat belt and safety pillow are in working order.

Aquarius and Leo is axis of will. Therefore what you ‘will’ is what matters. Will you jump out of the car, or will you ride it till the end? I have to admit, that lately, what I ‘will’, actually happened. So now I am more careful with my ‘will’, I don’t wish for something I don’t ‘really’ wish for. Isn’t the phrase ‘be careful what you wish for’ familiar to many of us? Like you, I had experienced things due to my own faults. I was raised by a fanatical mother, I spent most of my youth being like her, even though angels and spirits had been visiting me. I ran away the moment I saw them because I thought they are evil forces. But since 2000, I couldn’t avoid them anymore. I was shown the exact date of my father’s death. And ever since, I would have dreams, or visions, of someone else’s death or sickness. Not everyone, of course, but those that I strongly feel about, whether hate or like. Basically, if I hadn’t ignored my past experiences, I wouldn’t have been as closed minded as I was. When I was close minded, I got into a lot of fights with those of different beliefs and races. Looking back to these fights, these people did nothing but being themselves, and yet I was – not – myself. So the liar here was myself, not they. If I ignore my own truth, how can I be truthful to anyone else and how can I see someone for who they truly are? So there I was, surrounded by liars and manipulators. But the cosmic forces can not be shut down. In 2006, I found a great teacher, and the search started to clarity in 2009. The universe had been paying my mother visits too, and I occassionally shared my dreams and views with her. She is less stubborn and close minded now. She is not afraid of swallowing her pride anymore. She is slowly becoming 'a mother' instead of 'a breeder'. I then learned from her, the importance of broad knowledge and wisdom in raising offsprings. Good thing is, I learned this before I have a child. My mother didn't have the chance to, she was an orphant in times of war, adopted by a business man who cared for nothing but profit. So there is a reason why I was born from such a mother, so I could see the importance of spiritual life, a life beyond material success and religious pride. I am very happy that she is now more of a mother, because I'd like to have her in my life when I have children. She is a very important part of my past, I need her to pass down stories of the tragic days so my children will learn to appreciate life.

Back to the spirits, Only in 2009 I knew for sure I am not crazy. I don’t run when I see spirits anymore, although I don’t always talk to them and they don’t always talk to me. Sometimes the lights are out when they come, I’m getting used to it, because only in the dark I can see them clearly anyway. It’s annoying sometimes. See my bedroom is always dark at night. I went to bed late and was bending down looking for something that I dropped. When I stood up, a spirit was standing less than 2 feet beside me. I almost got heart attack. Another time, I was going to have a shower. I turned the tap on and when I turned around, a spirit stood less than 4 feet from me. I must have a very strong heart LOL Animal spirits do this a lot. Especially snakes and cats. The cats jumped on me out of nowhere and snakes usually bite or give me a nudge. There are also little children, playing and running around behind me when I am busy. A few of them were my children in my past life, the rest have their own stories. This is why openness and flexibility are important, will allow free flow of information and interaction. The more I am open, the more receptive I am, and so more interaction happens. I don’t even have to meditate or see them in dreams anymore. Freedom, again, the age of Aquarius.

Sorry for the long post, but somehow I can’t stop typing so these things are meant to be shared. I will stop now. I hope the post helps, maybe a remainder of your own past experiences you can track back and learn from.

• About Words from Joel!

Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing"

(Proverbs 12:18, NIV)

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

The Bible tells us that life and death are in the power of our words. We can use our words to build people up and encourage them, or we can just as easily bring destruction with our words.

When we use our words to bring healing, the Bible says that we are wise. Choose to be wise today and choose healing words. Look for the best in others and build them up. Choose healing words over gossip; choose words of freedom and peace over anger and judgment. Let your words encourage the people in your life by speaking strength, hope and victory.

Remember, words are seeds. When you use your words to bring healing, you'll reap a harvest of health, strength and life in return. As you are faithful with your words, God will increase your influence. He will increase His favor and blessing upon you and lead you in the good life He has prepared for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I choose to be wise and bring healing to others with my words. I ask for an increase of Your power and ability in my life so that I can live to honor You in all I do. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

• poetic

of course words are seeds. A wise woman and a shaman, Sandra Ingerman wrote about power of words in her book Heal the Toxic Thoughts, published in 2007 hard cover. So the ancients knew this going back thousands of years before Bible. With thoughts we can create, and words with intention will manifest reality.

""Hebrew and Sanskrit are what we call vibrational languages. In Sanskrit it is believed that when you say a word, the vibration from that word goes up into the universe and comes back down as a physical manifestation. One Hindu creation story tells that the world sprang forth from the skulls of the goddess Kali's necklace. Each skull was a letter in the Sanskrit language. There are stories in the Hebrew tradition, too, about how words can be used to heal or harm, to create or destroy.

Hebrew is also called a consonantal language, meaning that it is made of consonants and not vowels. That is because the sounds and vibrations of the vowels are the real power; the consonants are what contain the power and therefore define the parameters of the power coming through. By not writing out the vowels, the language keeps most of the powerful words secret. You have to be told which vowels are used in a particular word. Also, a word could be an extremely powerful word using one set of vowels, but an ordinary word using another set of vowels.

The Qabbalists say that the world was created by the letters of the alphabet, meaning through the use of sound and vibration. The Hebrew bible embodies the very sound of creation, the vibrations that actually were used to create and manifest. Therefore words are "creative," and if they are creative they can also be destructive.

In ancient Egypt, action and words were often the same thing; words had so much power that often a metaphor was used in the place of a word. Otherwise, it was thought that the energy of the word -- potentially destructive -- would manifest physically.

The creation stories of many cultures teach that the world was created with a sound or a word. Genesis says that God created the world with the words, Let there be light. The New Testament says, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. In the cosmology of the Hopi, the sun god and earth goddess chant life into being. The Hindu scriptures teach us that aum is the sacred syllable from which the entire universe was created.

Even abracadabra, the incantation that many of us said as children, is actually a word of power that comes from the Aramaic. The original spelling is abraq ad habra, which literally means, I will create as I speak."

• leoscorpion, thanks for sharing your story. I think it is always fascinating to hear what brings a person to a certain point in their life. I'm sure there are many here who can share similar I certainly never claim to be singled out or in any way more important than someone else. I think as you say we all have lessons to learn and certain people come into and out of our lives to enhance or effect that growing process.

I'm sorry to hear there was such a distance between you and your mom in years past. I think it's great that you are finding a way to be closer in what works for you. I was lucky in that respect. My mom worked as a waitress and my dad worked nights the plant so for the time in between mom getting home and dad waking up to go to work I had a lot of time when I was kind of on my own. I guess being raised as I was kept me safe. I wasn't one to go against what I was told to do. Mom set the rule you come home, lock the door, do your homework and then and only then can you go out and play until the street lights come on or she came home whichever came first. I obeyed those rules and never even considered breaking them, it wasn't my nature. I was the "goody goody kid" and not much different in my teens either. Which sadly set me apart from most of my peers who were all busy trying to be something they were not. I didn't get to see my mom as much as I liked but when she was home I stuck to her like glue. I think that is why I became old before my time. I hung out with the housewives more than their children just to have time with my mom.

I myself don't see a lot of spirits, yet anyway. I have caught glimpses of some crossing my path. When I was younger I saw a couple run across my path while I was driving. I brought the car to a screeching halt only to realize no one else in the car saw the people who ran in front of me. That was a little scary.

The most impactful encounter I had was seeing my grandfather on the night of his funeral. That was the first time I remembered seeing anyone or anything, I was almost ten.

When I was young my mom often took me with her to funerals. Some people thought that was weird but as mom said death was a phase of life so you may as well get used to acknowledging that. To this day I can tell you what every corpse wore as they lay in their caskets. Mind you I rarely cry for the departed as I knew even as a kid that they were not there. I was sad for the pain those left behind suffered in their loss but knew the person who died would be ok. You could say that was my religious upbringing if you want. But the truth is my mom always told me she was never afraid to die. Because she knew when she died, all those who died before her would be there to greet her and those she never had the pleasure to meet would be there to introduce themselves too. She said don't mourn me because when I get to heaven there'll be a party waiting for me. I appreciated that she was never afraid and because of that I guess deep down I wasn't mourning the dead.

My brother has often shared with me experiences like yours of a spirit being beside him or near by or of his former wife seeing them approaching him. Me not so much. I've seen a few spirits here and there but by no stretch of the imagination a lot and thus far they have not done much in the way of trying to make their presence known to me. I don't believe I have ever seen an angel. I have sensed the presence of an angel and angelic love within a room before but I've never seen one. I've seen what I call "the cloak." For all intensive purposes the image of the grim reaper often seen on the side of the highway, that encounter scared me pretty good. I often sense or feel when someone is in the room. I experience aromas, the smell of cigarettes or tobacco, lilacs, roses, a certain coffee or something like that, certain smells I attribute to particular individuals and justify the experience that way.

I can tell you when my dog enters the room or my daughters cat. I can tell when my friends cat is around she taps on my leg and I have made the mistake of responding to that only to realize others in the room were very aware of my actions. Luckily this friend knows about the encounters I've had in the past but her family members were a bit taken back by it.

It sounds to me like your heart is pretty strong otherwise you might not get through your encounters in the best of condition.

As I've said on other threads and I'll no doubt repeat here from time to time it's all a learning experience for me. I suppose there are things I'm supposed to learn and others I want to know it's when I try to force the two to merge it doesn't work out as I'd hoped.

• Poetic, thank you as always you know I love to hear from Joel. Words are seeds that is a concept that is both awesome and frightening at the same time. I only hope I will choose my words wisely and plant here a beautiful garden of knowledge and shared experiences.

• Well I went to the track with my brother today for the free slot tournament, neither of us won. But before we went I warned him I had very little to risk and was really going to see if I could win on the tournament to play further. He agreed and said he was limiting himself to $25, a good choice I thought. Anyway no free slot money to play with but we went about finding a penny machine to play and he went for a smoke. At the end of the day he asked how I did, I said really well I quintupled my money 5x what I brought. Mind you I only brought $3 he couldn't believe it. But we had a good time, we both came out winners, him bigger than me but he spends more. To most that would not seem like a very exciting experience but I want you to know I took from the Abundance thread the Abundance Affirmation. I read it out loud just as we entered the building so this is a testament that it worked. It could be merely coincidental but I for one choose to think I attracted the win with the right mind set. LOL

• RC

it is true death is a part of the journey. we basically go 'home', the spirit world. so there really is nothing to cry about or to be sad about. no matter how far we are from home, we always go back anyway, so why cry and fear this 'resting' activity? we will all return to the physical world next life if we choose to anyway, if we mourn too long, we will actually hold them from starting journey home. I won't do that and I won't allow anyone do that to me.

I've said it in the forum a few times that we shouldn't mourn too long for the deceased. how long is too long, really depends on the person. so that's the part each person will decide.

when my father died, I didn't know this. I mourned for years, 2006 was when I stopped. because I met a great teacher. When my brother died July 2010, I spent two days crying and then I didn't mourn anymore. Both my brother and father died smiling in their bed, so really I shouldn't be crying about them finally resting at 'home'.

What I do, is remember them. and that's why I am making a memorial corner for the deceased one. Like your mother, I am never afraid of death. because since I was young I always see spirits anyway, this means even if the body dies, the spirit never does, so there is nothing to fear or cry for. I just have to keep a healthy heart LOL

I was baptized when I was 1 year old, it was never my choice. The path that I found much later in life, brings so much clarity to my own questions, and so I can share it with many people here since last year. Of course then I also meditate and yoga on top of keep on learning from many great teachers, so both my efforts and help of the universe enhance my experience in this path.

I smelled certain aromas a few days after my father died. He liked these aromas and always had them on. But lately I only see him, not smelling anything. My brother visited me in a dream before he died. My late father in law and his sister visited me that way too. I didn't know these two until hubby confirmed it. They died long before I met hubby so I never met them in person. With the universe working at accelerated speed, I have no doubt many people experience what I do. like your brother. after all I was born in 1970s and people were experiencing great wave of spirituality in 1960s. Now that we are getting closer to the age of Light, I am sure more and more people experience enhanced spiritual life, spiritual encounters. The saying 'the veil between the worlds is lifted up' is getting more popular.

About my mother, like all beings in the universe, the law of the universe applies to her. what she sends out, she gets it back. she was disappointed by her favorite son (my brothers) and one day we had a talk and she told me that she admits I have been right. People allow pride to get in between the truth and them, so they can't see the truth, even if it is right in front of them. She had other disappointments too. Basically, a close mind only invites another close mind. again, what we send out, is what we get back. This is a good lesson for me to learn, after all I have no child yet. She is important however, because I have no memory of war times that I can share with anyone. this memory will contribute to the journal of lessons I keep, and my children will benefit from it they will learn to appreciate peace and harmony that support life. Curiosity never kills me 🙂 if anything, it makes me determined.

Not sure what you want to merge, but because we are all interconnected in the web of life, there is connection or link between everything and everyone. Even the things we don't find related to each other. I have only found the answers when I left my religion. Christ is an Ascendant Master. Like Buddha and many others. but religions that adopt Him, do not always follow His whole teaching. This is what age of Aquarius influence will help unfold. I don't know other religions, so I won't say much about them. Some people know this already, and so I will leave it to the universe timing for it to unfold.