What does it mean if my brother commits suicide in my dream

• Last night I dreamt that my brother committed suicide. I didn't see him do it or see him in my dream. I was talking to my sister-in-law about it, asking her questions about why he might have done it but there were no answers. I woke up feeling the loss, actually felt some feelings of intimate loss. I was confident my brother was okay the next day but nevertheless rang him to check in and all was good.

This dream feels very significant for me. Can anyone please help me work out what the meaning of this is?

• To see (or hear about!) someone committing suicide in your dream highlights your concerns for that person. Have you been worried about your brother lately?

• Actually I haven't been worried about him at all lately, I think that's why this has had such an impact. He is in the best place in his life that he has ever been.

There is definately something in this dream but I just haven't got clarity on it. I don't often remember my dreams to start with and those that I do I can usually find the links in my life that have fueled them.

Would really love to hear more from you or anyone else that can shed light on this....

thank you

• To go deeper: Seeing your brother in your dream, symbolizes some aspect of your relationship with him.

Is it possible you're seeing traits of his in yourself that you find undesirable? The suicide in the dream could be a way for your subconscious to detach itself from those traits.

Brothers can also symbolize religion and spirituality, or issues with authority ("big brother is watching"). Is there some spiritual belief you might feel disillusioned with?

I'm not sure if anything is ringing a bell for you here, and if so I'm sorry I can't be more help. 😞

I'm glad your bro's doing well. 🙂

• Thank you. Problems at work with my boss and wondering if I am choosing the right path in life could very well be part of it.

You really are a empathetic person aren't you. Thanks again 🙂

• well my sister had the same type of dream n intensity of feeling..at the time my life was going good but on the inside I was killing my old me or personal habits or morals etc..very strange n opened up my view of the dreams n dream world

• You are very welcome, Sunshine!