Denise's Daily Diary

• I was inspired to do this by reading the "Captains Blog" and all the wonderful things she puts on there, and also what someone else on a different forum is doing, writing down daily thoughts, feelings, posting quotes and inspirational messages and pictures that come their way, we all know a picture "paints a thousand words"...and ANYTHING basically, my biggest purpose for this is to keep a record of my "days, and how I feel" and on the good days It will serve as a reminder to me what, who and how I got to feel GOOD....then in the future when sometimes we do get those "clouded" days I can look back on this to get me to get "in that feeling" again......

I do hope you will want to add all your thoughts, quotes, pictures etc, on here too, as you all are such inspiration to me!...I have had countless wonderful experiences of uplifted words and encouragement from reading so many of your posts 🙂

much love and gratitude to you all!!

♥

• And so on this 1st of September I will start with my feelings for today...

I feel positive, happy and content 🙂 I've just sat out in the sunshine drinking my coffee, listening to the birds, feeling the suns rays of warmth and beautiful light consume me in a healing....I'm sat here now waiting for the painter to come and do my front door, he let me down a couple of weeks ago, and today he's late again....but I CHOOSE to not let this irritate me....I will try and find something positive to do with this "hanging around" time....it is only 11.55 am here, so I plenty of time to "create" something to uplift me, I suppose doing this diary could be seen as a creative thing of positivity for me....:)......and now I'm off to use some of the time I have spare to do a facial using natural ingredients of honey, oats, natural yoghurt and virgin coconut oil ....Mmmm, I love it when it drips in to my mouth...yum yum!!...lol...but it really does soften the skin so well, and the oats act as a exfoliator.... 🙂

also, I'm enjoying my new regime of drinking plenty of water!!...it's keeping me fit!!....well, it would do with all the running upstairs to loo....LOL

• LOL lovely idea! I take it you are trying to detox your liver. Green tea as an alternative to constant water is also good, but you still run to the loo all the time...or cranberry juice (Lidl do a cheap and good one if you are anywhere near them). Happy positive day, the sun is great!

• Thanks my friend!... I will try that one :)....my new water drinking is mainly because I have always lacked drinking water most of my life, I'm a coffee, sometimes tea person, my youngest daughter (the fitness freak...lol) is always telling me to drink more water, she drinks green tea too!!....so, I have finally given in to her advice and I have been drinking about 3 pints a day!!....and thats a LOT for me....lol...she has assured me though that when my body gets over "the shock"...lol...the loo visits will subside....hope so!, cos I don't mind when I'm at home, but I don't like it when I'm not near a loo when out and about....LOL

• I'm still waiting for that painter!!....LOL... but, so as not to get "agitated" I have just been doing a little relaxing breathing!!....then decided to google "Breathing"...it's amazing what comes up isn't it on that search engine....lol.. but, this is what I found, I've know for a long time the importance of breathing....Oooh thats really sounds like a silly statement doesn't it, I'd be dead if I didn't do it..LOL... but, it's the type of breathing we do is SO important, this is what I found from a site called "Optimal Breathing"

Did you know that most people have unhealthy breathing habits? They hold their breath or breathe high in the chest or in a shallow, irregular manner. These patterns have been unconsciously adopted, accidentally formed, or emotionally impressed. Certain "typical" breathing patterns actually trigger physiological and psychological stress and anxiety reactions!

For good to optimal health, you must:

Learn how well you breathe.

Learn what that may have to do with your overall state of health.

Learn how to develop your breathing to optimize it, increase your energy, improve your health, and strengthen everything else that is affected by good or bad breathing. Breath is life.

Heart attacks, cancer, strokes, pneumonia, asthma, speech problems, and almost every disease known to mankind is worsened or improved by how well we breathe, the quality of our respiration.

According to several European medical doctors and numerous Taoist, Buddhist, Hindu, Hawaiian, and Native American healers and spiritual teachers, there are at least 200 conditions of life and diseases that relate directly to incorrect breathing. America's own Dr. Andrew Weil states that "Improper breathing is a common cause of ill health."

Self-evaluation of respiratory deterioration was significantly predictive of death from all causes. Kauffmann F, Annesi I, Chwalow J - Epidemiological Research Unit INSERM U 209, Villejuif, France. European Respiratory Journal 2090 Nov; 2822:2888-2828

People who breathe optimally rarely or never get sick. They live a lot longer too!

If you can't measure it you can't manage it.

There are ways of your telling yourself how good your breathing is and the relationship to how long and healthy you may live due to good or bad breathing. There are simple painless breathing skills, techniques, exercises, non-exercises, drugless and dietary ways of rapidly developing your breathing regardless of who or where you are and what condition you are in.

Phew!....it's more important than I thought!!

they even have a Q/A test you can do on there.....

• HealingWays

Awesome new thread. And good for you for trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I too have had that thought process enter my head. More times than I can count I think of it but don't act. Personally I'm a Pepsi-a-holic so switching to water is a tough adjustment. I've recently begun drinking it once in a while like you not nearly enough. The taste is not so good where we are and I simply cannot afford to buy water right now. When daughter went to the doc yesterday I got to use the scale, we don't own one and although I knew I wouldn't like the number it was not as bad as I feared it would be. I've been doing more exercise but still far from what I should. I think I must build up a routine carefully so as not to shock my system too badly. I wish you much success in your journey to a healthier you. This thread is a good idea. Perhaps one day I will post one also.

I snickered when I read your post on breathing but sadly it is true, I'm sure I don't breathe to the benefit of my body consistently and most of todays society are simply unhealthy. We have a long way to go as a whole.

• Great thread Denise, I was just told last week that the proper way to breath is that when you inhale your belly should extend out, which is very weird I've been trying it and it screws up my meditation because I'm not used to it. They say that way the air comes from the bottom of the lungs instead of the top. I'm also supposed to be eating better and taking care of myself but it's hard sometimes when other bills take precedence over groceries, healthy foods cost more.

At my local Walgreens, they have spring water for 2.50 for 24 bottles I think are you can get a pitcher filter. i love Pepsi to Rc, but prefer water to soda most of the time. I have to lose weight my joints can't stand this weight my frame is really not big. So anyway, we'll get there somehow. 🙂

• Denise, hope this cheers you up, funny.

If you delete this message, you will gain 10pounds.

I can almost feel myself losing weight .. . . by forwarding this to you! You'll

understand at the end.

I've seen two shows lately that went on and on about how mid-life is a great

time for women. Just last week Oprah had a whole show on how great menopause

will be . . . Puhleeeeeeeze! I've had a few thoughts of my own and would like to

share them with you. Whether you are pushing 40, 50, 60 (or maybe even just

pushing your luck), you'll probably relate.

Mid-life is when the growth of hair on our legs slows down. This gives us plenty

of time to care for our newly acquired mustache.

In mid-life women no longer have upper arms, we have wing spans. We are no

longer women in sleeveless shirts, we are flying squirrels in drag.

Mid-life is when you can stand naked in front of a mirror and you can see your

rear without turning around..

Mid-life is when you go for a mammogram and you realize that this is the only

time someone will ask you to appear topless.

Mid-life brings wisdom to know that life throws us curves and we're sitting on

our biggest ones.

Mid-life is when you look at your know-it-all, cellphone carrying teenager and

think, 'For this I have stretch marks?'

In mid-life your memory starts to go. In fact the only thing we can retain is

water.

Mid-life means that you become more reflective. You start pondering the 'big'

questions. What is life? Why am I here? How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I

eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

But mid-life also brings with it an appreciation for what is important. We

realize that breasts sag, hips expand, and chins double, but our loved ones make

the journey worthwhile. Would any of you trade the knowledge that you have now,

for the body you had way back when? Maybe our bodies simply have to expand to

hold all the wisdom and love we've acquired... That's my philosophy and I'm

sticking to it!

Send this to four women and you will lose two pounds..

Send this to all the women you know (or ever knew), and you will lose 10 pounds.

If you delete this message, you will gain 10 pounds immediately. (That's why I

had to pass this on--I didn't want to risk deleting this..)

Smooches!

• Thanks RC, I too don't buy the bottled water, I invested in a filter jug, a lot cheaper and aparently much better than plastic bottled water, that has had bad press lately, saying its unsafe to drink it when its not refrigerated, especially if it's been left in a car with all the heat that can generate, something about the heat causes the plastic to release toxins in to the water....Phew...such a lot of "stuff" we have to consider eh!!...that was good with not weighing as much as you thought you would....great!....I don't think I could say the same, I'm probably more at moment ....lol..

I really recommend you start your diary thread RC...I have a feeling it can be SO helpful and therapeutic 🙂

Thank you too Poetic...:)

your right about the healthy foods cost more!, it's been a source of frustration for me for long time now, I try SO hard to eat healthy organic as much as possible, I only have small pension, but as I only mainly have to buy for myself I can manage to do it sometimes....I've always thought there should be a BIG shake up with the food industry and with government funding....they should try and switch it around, let all the rubbish fast food be expensive and subsidise healthy food chains! Voilà!! healthy population!.....sweeping easy statement I know, but something has to change.....Oooh what I would give to have bit of land to grow my own 🙂

Thank you all for your thoughts and incites and coming in my "little Diary" 🙂

♥

• LOL LOL LOL....that is FABULOUS!! poetic...I'm really laughing-out- loud!!

oh my!!, now I have to find Eeerm quite a few to send this too ;).... what was it? 4 to loose 10lbs....right Im off to send to EIGHT people.....LOL

thanks for the good laugh my friend 🙂

• K.

• Poetic loved that, if you delete you'll gain 10 pounds. Notice it's still there. LOL

Denise I love the concept of making healthy food cheaper than the junk but you do know that means a craving could bankrupt us right? We are women after all.

Will give the diary idea some thought.

• Good comment RC!!...I didn't think of that one...but, maybe we could afford a little treat with all we would save on very cheap organic healthy food....like you say us 🙂 women:) need them now and again :)....

pleased your giving the diary some thought 🙂 it will be good for you and SO good for us to hear lots of your insightful thoughts!!...all on your daily page!! 🙂

• Breathing to your stomach is easy - just put your hands there and breathe to your hands. Another trick is using your fingers, if you put the fingertips of each hand on the corresponding fingertips of teh otehr hand you will automatically breathe to your stomach, then release the little finger fingertips and you will breathe to the diaphragm under the ribs and if you release the next fingers up you will be breathing really high up, I think to your throat. It really works without any effort, just try it. Learned it in my yoga training. Use it all the time. And hope it works as well for you as it does for me.

• Oh wow paddifluff....this sounds great!! I will certainly do this, cos the site I was on has put me in my "box"...I did their test on my breathing!!....they sure gave me a Baaad report....your way of explaining it sounds SO much better to me!!! ...it really resonates on how we should breathe....thank you so much for this!! ...bless you!!

• I have to say, I have had a lovely fun filled

day!!...even though the painter still didn't

turn up!!...lol...but you know, it really doesn't matter, tomorrow is another day!...

I only had one teeny weeny drama from my Daughter this evening, but,she split from her

partner about 3 months ago and he's being quite

obnoxious and very unfare, and if there is one

thing I could never cope with is, injustice!!...BUT, I have to say I'm quite proud of myself for not flying (to much) off the handle when hearing his latest antics....I'm really starting to "handle" these dramas in a more constructive way!!....So, all in all, it's been a very good day!!...here's to tomorrow, I put my order in for another one, and for ALL of us.....

night night from me, I will go to sleep now

feeling so much gratitude for my "Good Day!!"

♥

• Denise - I took your advice. I hope you and I won't regret it. LOL

Check it out, I value your opinion.

http://www.tarot.com/forum/topic.php?id=9638&replies=2#post-149678

• 2nd September 2010

"Today will be a Good Day"..... I just said that on waking, I saw some info on EFT tapping where he said to make a conscious effort every morning as soon as you wake to tap on the collar bone (it's effect is a bit like acupuncture, where you work on the meridians)... and to say while tapping "Today I chose to have a good day, today I chose to have a GREAT day"....and so on and so on!....and this is what I have just done, planted into my brain to "have a Good Day"...:)

I'm going to pick up my Son soon, he needs to do a couple of little errands, I do enjoy the time we spend together now, it used to be extremely difficult a few years ago though, because of the really dark days he had since his accident at work he went through SO much anger and hatred for the people he worked for because they treated him grossly unfairly, Daniel can now no longer do the work he so loved, he was a joiner and fell from scaffolding which was put up wrongly causing one of the bars to come away and he fell on to concrete, BUT thankfully those days are past, he now is so into creating "living as independently as possible"...he researches the all the possibilities of creating our own energies for electricity, Heat etc.... learning about building homes out of the most weird and wonderful things lol, he is also loves doing research on UFO's, he did feel a lot of pain over the oil spill that happened, he cares SO much for the animals and fish that has affected!! he even sent out pleas to ask people to send their loving energies for healing .... but anyway, I'm so proud of him how he has turned around and wanting to create a better living for all !! I have the feeling his "accident" was no accident at all....it happened for a reason, he had better things to do in this life time..... :)...

well, my thoughts have turned to get myself moving and get ready to go pick him up....:)

I post this picture for my Son!!....he adores them, just like I do, ONE DAY I WILL GET TO SWIM WITH THEM!!....it's one of my dreams 🙂

• Have a wonderful weekend back on Tuesday! Take care!

• Thank You poetic....hope you have good one too!! filled with joy and happiness ♥

3rd September 2010

Bit of a slow start to today! but I've managed to do my little routine of stating "today will be a good day!"....it worked well yesterday, well apart from a little blip!...the little "blip" happened because I didn't listen to my gut instinct!!...so, lesson learned there!!....what it was, my Son needed to go to collect a parcel from the post office, I said I would park fairly close to the place and wait for him....he said "oh, they have parking at the back of the building"....I had this feeling I just didn't want to do that!! so I said, no, I will stay at the car park!!....but, he said but Mum, the parcel might be bit heavy, so go on, park at the back, Claire has taken me there before, it was ok!!....famous last words eh!...lol....so anyway, I drove round to go to the back of the place, it was a very narrow entrance!!...AND there, half way up...great big barrier!...no cars aloud round there any more....so there I was, stuck, narrow alley way in between two buildings!!...only one way to go....reverse, and to have to reverse into a main busy road and across the pathway of pedestrians !!!...Phew, I started to get bit agitated by this point, Daniel got out and guided me back.....I literally crawled out at snail pace...all was going well till this little old dear decided to carry on walking INTO the path of me reversing....other people stopped at the edge as they could tell it was very awkward for a car to get out of there....they were amazed this lady just carried on, I think she just wasn't totally "with it" bless her....but my Son pulled her out of the way and all was well....well, apart from my frazzled nerves, it took me a while to simmer down from that experience, I couldn't cope with the thought I could have injured someone!!....and especially because I IGNORED MY GUT INSTINCT!!!. I felt bit angry with myself for doing that!!.....so, BIG lesson learned from that!!! I will never let anyone ever again make me do anything if my gut tells me otherwise!!.....

Once I had simmered down, like I said it took me ages...and I really had to battle with my mind to get back to the "good feeling" and know that nothing bad had actually happened and no one got hurt.....so then we went to get some lunch, it turned out to be very good because we had BIG discussion together on "Gut feelings"......I don't think he will ignore his from now on too!!!.....lol

This is a note to self!!...I now know how much I have changed because in the past I would have reacted badly for days over that event....but now I manage to turn it around to something POSITIVE.... I no longer let that "Feeling" of "what if's" consume me for days on end :)....so I have made progress in this sort of thing, and I am happy and grateful I can recognise and see it!!

But now, I have to go and make a cup of coffee for the painter who has eventually turned up to do my front door after waiting for 2 weeks, but it really doesn't matter!!.....lol....

ALL IS WELL!! 🙂