Empaths! trials, tribulations and sillyness you deal with because of your gift

• Hello everyone! So LibrasLair was nice enough to participate in a previously posted thread about feelings reflecting the future which was most helpful. I feel silly calling myself an empath cause this is kind of new for me and I am not as developed are a lot of you guys are. That being said..

What are some funny or obnoxious things that went on as a result of your hypersensitive intuition about people and situations? We all are familiar with the tiring, depressing and even painful aspects with what we can do, but how about the other end of the spectrum? Where having this advantage has resulted in funny situations. As well as ways we cope when things get overwhelming. I'll start 🙂

I always try to find the humor in being lied to. Aside from common sense and logical deduction, we can also feel what people are feeling and know what people are thinking. Unbeknownst to the unsuspecting

• Damn touch screens, sorry.

Unbeknownst to the unsuspecting offender, we know they are lying. I used to get really mad. Crazy scorpio with her ego and insulted intelligence and all. Now I try to exercise compassion. As long as there's no malicious intent or ill will, I feel like a I'm being kind by pretending to buy the b.s. they are selling so they can feel better about themselves. I feel responsible for helping people and doing good things such as taking one for the team I guess.

I also can't sleep in the dark. There needs to be a dim light and soft music if my dvd player crapped out on me. Seinfeld, Greys Anatomy, The Office etc has to be on. Otherwise it's like open season on me. They know I know they are around(spirits). Some are curious, purposefully trying to scare you, and some are your friends waiting for you to fall asleep so you can leave with them. So much going on. How am I supposed to sleep with all that racket. Knowing I'm not alone scares the sh*t out of me. How bout you guys?

• Damn touch screens, sorry.

Unbeknownst to the unsuspecting offender, we know they are lying. I used to get really mad. Crazy scorpio with her ego and insulted intelligence and all. Now I try to exercise compassion. As long as there's no malicious intent or ill will, I feel like a I'm being kind by pretending to buy the b.s. they are selling so they can feel better about themselves. I feel responsible for helping people and doing good things such as taking one for the team I guess.

I also can't sleep in the dark. There needs to be a dim light and soft music if my dvd player crapped out on me. Seinfeld, Greys Anatomy, The Office etc has to be on. Otherwise it's like open season on me. They know I know they are around(spirits). Some are curious, purposefully trying to scare you, and some are your friends waiting for you to fall asleep so you can leave with them. So much going on. How am I supposed to sleep with all that racket. Knowing I'm not alone scares the sh*t out of me. How bout you guys?

• Good job getting it out!

• LOL...sorry I know it's a serious subject...yet the way you write is funny. I wish you all the best on your journey.

• Chloe96825 You have to take charge and tell those darn spirits that it is time to let you sleep and to leave you alone for now. Set limits and tell them your not working for them right now. Be firm but don't let them run you. There isn't any time on the other side so you must tell them to stop and you will let them know when your rested and ready to receive their messages. Hope that helped.

• Hello Libraslair!!!!

Fancy meeting you here!

Chloe!

Hi there! I have always been afraid of the dark myself. I hve some racket going on in the background all of the time as it seems to help and end up having some kind of light on somewhere just so I can see the room. It doesn;t seem to matter how old I get, I think I gave up a long time ago ever changing it. I might not even so much anymore call it afraid fo th dark but more UNCOMFORTABLE. So I know what you mean.

Blessings!

• Morning kid!

• Interesting altho I don't get it. I am the complete opposite. I require complete darkness and complete quiet. I keep the lights off at night thruout the house except my one reading lamp and have heavy curtains to close everything off. Am light. I'm a night owl I feel much more comfortable in the eves when the energy is stilled. All that external noise and bustling energy that folks take for granted makes me crazy. I'm super sensitive to the racket of tvs and neighbors music and grass blowers and cars people yacking on their cell phones etc. I am a gregarious person when called upon but require lots of SPACE. People can be draining. I try to be sensitive and kind but very often I need to just escape.I'm not real patient w/ chit chatty stuff. I try to breathe and observe and find other than house maintenance and that sorta thing plus my job there is very little I can do to better things beyond just being as present as I can in that moment.

Cheers Pfree

• Pfree did you go and read about empathes? You might find several things out about yourself. Especially the loner thing. Loud noise is something I have always had a problem with. I started a thread on a site about sensitive ears and was very surprises that many empathes have the same problem. And the reason for wanting to go home all the time. Look at empathzone.ning.com and read it. You just might find some surprises. And check with chloe96825 for other links that I gave to her I know this will make more sense to you then.

• Hello Libra...yes I understand to a degree. I've taken some empath tests. Some of my own sensitivity I know is empathic. I do have good intuition but at the same time sometimes I need help. Usually w/. my auto responses to my feeling "invaded"or judgments. I have been called "rigid" by some in the past who do not understand my need for solitude. I wear earplugs at night when I sleep that helps. I know I'm considered "anti social" which is fine.

I worked in a bookstore for years and years and years the challenge to be present to all of it sometimes.....ugh it was a learning experience.

Altho my financial situation has plummeted when we went outta business there was a part of me that so appreciated the peace and quiet. It always amazed me the noise levels that are acceptable.

I have almost always preferred the nite cs the energy is stiller. Shopping at 2 am is a solitary experience. I force myself to engage the world because my daughter needs to do things, movies etc. w/ her friends. I do it for her but I endure so to speak. She is on the autistic spectrum so her need for certain stimulation TV, radio phone is a constant. If I'm home and not working I wear earplugs sometimes to avoid the sound of "I Love Lucy" or soaps.... I suspect my night owlishness started when I realized her issues. My need to create my own personal space.When she was old enuff to feed herself she would get up early to watch tv if she was not at school and being OCD and routines being everything she is in bed by 11pm so I now can sleep in on days off and am up when the house is quiet. This is a luxury I give myself now that I am older. Younger years I pushed myself and the river for her for my respnsibilities. Now I allow myself quiet when I can. She is only gone 1 am a week to a volunteer job till noon. Unfortunately I am usually forcing coffee down to wake myself up for work and we barely miss each other going and coming, her arriving home just after I'm gone. I have tried repeatedly to change her and my schedule to create a time once a week when I can enjoy some complete peace and quiet but apparently it's not meant to be. She is gone once a month for 3-4 hrs in the late afternoon w/ a group and yet again it rarely lands on the days I'm able to be home to appreciate the quiet. But it is what it is. I try to embrace it and not resist and am trying improve my perspective.

But a hermit I am and probably always will be!

Thanks for listening.

Cheers P

• Yes Pfree I understand the hermit roll as I play it too. Empathes are like anyone else with abilities. They vary and are at different levels. Not everyone will be like me and I won't do exactly what others do. And that's along with other abilities thrown in on top. You can read this one that I am including or not. It's up to you paganandproudofit.com. I knew a lot of the information but I also got an idea of other things that I do and never though was what empathes do. I just thought those things were me. I learned to block so I didn't feel what was going on with someone and it was one of those too much information situations. But woke me out of a sleep. I was shocked cause it was a first. I don't do well around people or crowds. I don't have to leave home to feel what someone else is going through either so I learned how to block. Not to say that I don't have some problems blocking everyone. I don't think before I answer a phone or someone comes to the door. But if I am leaving the house I start the blocking in my cars and you have to keep reinforcing it and sometimes I forget this. But I still work on it.