Was I visited by an angel?

• Hello everyone!,

Reading some of the discussions and I remembered this experience that I had about 3 years ago.

I was running errands one day and had stopped at the Hess. it was very busy and I had parked around the back side of the building. I ran in and came out, got in my car, when I heard someone say "excuse me". i looked up and there was this kind of scraggly looking man with a beard and bad teeth standing by my window. He said to me, " I'm sorry. I dont want to scare you or anything, but I am coming from a job in Elmira and I am trying to get home to Oneonta. I have no money for gas. Could you please help me?" For some reason, without even thinking twice about it I handed him a ten and said "Sure. This should get you home, here you go" He thanked me and said "God bless you!" and I saw him get into his car which was a gold colored grand prix. He was blocked in behind the building by this huge dodge 2500 trying to get out of the parking lot and I was behind him but facing the wrong way so I went to turn around so he would be in between myself and the giant truck. Well, I turned my head for 2 seconds to back my car up.When I turned back around the man and the car had vanished into thin air! There was no way he could have gotten out it would have been impossible! I thought to myself, gee that was wierd, and went about my day. On my way home I stopped at citi financial for some business and lo and behold, I walked out of there with a check for $1,000. Then when I went to get in my car after that, there was a brand new penny in my seat! I didnt really think a whole lot about it until I told my mom. She was like, i think you were tested by an angel. Oneonta has some family significance. my mother was born there and some family are buried up there. What does anyone think about this?

• Hi, In the Bible it says to entertain strangers because in so doing some have entertained angels unawares. Hebrews I believe Chapt. 13.

• How strange! That reminds me of an incident that happened to me 25 years ago...I can still remember it as clear as anything. It was August and my boyfriend and I took a holiday to separate places - me with my parents;him with friends. We were due to meet up a week later at our local pub (bar)...mobile phones weren't invented then! Saturday came and off I headed down the road and I noticed my boyfriend ahead of me just about to step in the pub. I called his name, he stopped,turned and waved and entered. I speeded up and entered...and my friends were sitting by the bar, tears in their eyes. No sign of my boyfriend. I was then told that my boyfriend had been killed outright in a car crash a few days ago. I could've sworn that it was him. Was it? The car crash took place at a beach resort which I hadn't heard of at the time...but now 25 years later,by coincidence, I live 10 minutes from the spot where he died. Hadn't really thought about it until I read your post. Was I visited by an angel too to say "goodbye"?

• I wonder if that could be a reason for my misfortune turning away people I have felt I couldn't really help because I was in a bad situation myself.

I wonder how often angels intercede in times of danger even if some of us feel like we're not worthy of it. I almost got hit by a bus in Washington Heights in upper Manhattan and this whiteness surrounded me and spun me around and sent me back to the curb.

Most recently when I was sleeping a golden light seemed to be shining at me in my mind's eye..and yet I don't remember anything after that.

How come most people don't recall messages from Angels?

• Dalia,

I have always believed. they say that jesus still walks the earth and I would imagine that he or an angel could take the appearance of anybody, so you just never know. Keeps us on our toes lol!

rnrchick,

I believe that it was your boyfriend that you saw that day. He was letting you know that he was keeping his promise to meet you.Have you ever tried to talk to him and ask him? He will answer you in a way that you will know its him. Keep your eyes open, and your faith up!

JasmineMoonglow,

dont beat yourself up over not helping everyone that comes your way.Normally for me, if that happened and I didnt get a good feeling from it, I would have turned him down. I dont know what your beliefs are but I believe that we choose certain hardships for ourselves to learn from and grow spiritually. It seems that we take on too much sometimes! I try to view everything as a learning experience and remind myself that our time here is only temporary. Just a drop in the bucket when it comes to eternity. god never gives us more than we can handle, and we are stronger than we think sometimes. My perspective that I use for myself is "What would I learn if everything was perfect all the time?" Pray for yourself and those close to you. You dont have to belong to a church to be spiritual and close to god, its already inside you. Pray for the bad things to pass quickly and for the good things to go slowly. You were saved by either an angel or possibly your spirit guide. It wasnt your time to go yet. The golden light you saw in your mind may have been from the other side. i have read a lot and I think we all visit the other side while we are asleep at times. we dont usually remember it. Our concious mind always gets in our way lol! I hope I have helped you in some way. My thoughts are with you. my prayers are with you too!

• Hi Bakergirl, My belief is that God comes to us in a way that is non-threatening but shows us the way, or has a message that we can interprete. I believe what you saw was probably an apparition (scene) of a spiritual nature. The message for you is up to your circumstance. Maybe it was to get your mind off your present circumstance and telling you that there is a lot worse off than you. Maybe He wants you to devote time to the needy. Maybe it was to tell you that He approves of what your doing "God Bless You."

I have had about a dozen apparitions. Without going into a lot of detail, the message is that there is a God and to pray. We can alleviate a lot of pain and suffering thru prayer.

• Dalia,

I agree with what you are saying.I know there are a lot of people a lot worse off than me, and I do pray for them. I am not rich by any means but I give what I can, even if its just a few kind words or support. I always say that every day of my life is a prayer, I take care of people.I would love to hear your experiences if you would like to share them with me.

• Bakergrl I finally found it. And it was fun reading your mail at pof. I got a kick out of it. And it is very strange getting mail from a woman when its a man you waiting to hear from.LOL I can honestly say I can't remember anything like this happening to me. But then what I may feel is a visit maybe what someone else will interperate as an angel. Yours may very well have been an angel and I think that would be a cool thing. rnrchick I feel that it was your boyfriend keeping an appointment. And that was wonderful. I answer these forums a lot of times saying I feel and when I say that, its because its what I am picking up on. Other times I may just be giving an opinion. But most of the time its what comes through to me. That's the best I can do on this subject girls I hope some little tidbit was correct. Catch up with you on another one soon.