Captain, is my cell phone in Uganda?

• Seriously. I went ONE place last Sunday. I had it going in. I didn't the next day. I leaned over a table of literature about Uganda. It could have fallen out of my purse. I don't think it was stolen, no calls were made in 2 days.

• What I'm trying to avoid is spending money I don't have for a new one, and my old one turning up the next day. Mercury Retro and all...

• Wait one week then get a new one if the old one hasn't turned up. I do feel it has fallen somewhere where no one will notice it for a while.

Also there is a message attached to what we lose. When we learn the lesson, we get the lost item back. Phones represent communication - is there something you should be saying or wanted to tell someone that you have forgotten or neglected?

• It could also mean you were using your phone or text when you should have been having a conversation face-to-face with the person.

• Make sure you check your bag thoroughly.

• "Wait one week then get a new one if the old one hasn't turned up. I do feel it has fallen somewhere where no one will notice it for a while."

Oh, wow. YOU ARE GOOD! Yesterday, BEFORE I read this, I told myself that I would get a new one if it hadn't turned up by today (one week exactly???!!!). TODAY my husband found it. The cats had 'played' it up under the closet door downstairs. He found it amid a bunch of bottle caps and weed whacker strings.

And my message wasn't about seeing people for real, which I do. It was about taking time to listen to the still, small voice amid all the others. And it's NOTED. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! (Maybe also to play with the cats more? HA!)

• Good for you!