Thefool

• New member here,& I would be thefool!

• ive sometimes read this card as thinking ignorance is bliss... do you agree thats what this card portrays... please describe it...

there is something innocent and exciting about this card.. do you look before you leap?

• I see it more as a trusting soul who has not been blinded yet by life. He can be judged as a fool but is ok w/ it... a very open spirit.

P

• Sorry to disappoint you, but you are missing the meaning of the Fool.

The Fool represents the Zero--a state of being that is empty of experience and wisdom. It is only through experience that one gains wisdom and such is the path of life, culminating in the World or completion of a cycle.

The presence of the Fool in any reading shows that there is an adventure ahead in which there lies risk. A wise person will seek counsel prior to taking a wrong course of action and the heedless take unnecessary risks.

Reversed, the presence of the Fool shows an unwise course of action that one sees, feels and regrets with his entire being.

Tarot is a journey that begins with Zero and ends at the World, only to return once again to Zero as one follows his journey through life.

• This post is deleted!

• Dear Watergirl18:

Tarot takes some time to master and I've been doing readings for 35 years.

First of all, the Crossing card that indicates possible obstacles is always read right side up, never in reverse.

By your description of "Strengths" and "What to strive for" are terms that I am unfamiliar with. What type of reading are you trying to do?

A classic 10 card Tarot reading is the only one I can truly recommend. While some other types of readings have some merit, I will not guarantee any reading without seeing proof that they are worth doing.

In a classic 10 card Celtic spread, you will need a card to represent you, such as the Queen of Pentacles (or whichever one best suits your coloring and personality). Then, the 1st card "covers" the significator and shows the situation that surrounds your question.

The 2nd card "crosses" you and shows possible obstacles or situations that may help or hinder you achieving your goals. The 3rd card is the foundation and is placed directly underneath the significator. This card shows the basis of the matter, what has gone on before and is now reality. The 4th card is placed to the left of the 3rd position and is referred to as the "what is passing away," which simply means events or attitudes that affect the outcome.

The 5th card is directly above the significator. This position shows the likelihood of the best that can be achieved if you continue along the same path and change nothing. However, change is a part of life and no reading is carved into stone.

The 6th card is placed to the right of the significator and represents an event that will happen in the near future concerning how the outcome will progress--like steps on a ladder.

The 7th card is placed at the bottom right to create a new column. This position shows your personal feelings about the issue, both positive and negative. The 8th position, however, is the most revealing as it shows how others view what is happening. If a court card lands in this position, this person will have a direct impact on the outcome.

The 9th position says it represents hopes and fears but it actually indicates what will happen just before the outcome is revealed. The 10th card is the outcome. If a court card lands here, the answer lies in the actions of that person and a second clarification reading is needed. Use the last card will be the significator in the second reading.

Pages represent all the qualities of youth, but NOT people. It is a rumor, an event such as a phone call with new information, and such as this. It represents qualities, both positive and negative. Sometimes, it can represent birth of ideas, birth of action, birth of hearing, birth of thinking in new ways. Only when a youth uses a Page as a significator would it represent a person, but ordinarily it would not.

Contrary to popular belief, Knights can represent young men but more often they represent a course of action that has been decided upon and with whom nothing will stand in the way. Think of the age of chivalry and the qualities of courtiers. They were honor-bound to follow the rule of the King and Queen. Only Kings and Queens are real people.

Without turning my answer into a novel, I strongly suggest you post readings to the forum for additional insight.