Animal symbolism... The Crow, what do you believe?

• Hello

I was wondering what everyone's opinions are on seeing a crow..

I have heard that if you see a crow you should be aware of possible danger and should extra cautious.....

however this is open to interpretation..

What messages and feelings do you get when it comes to the mysteriousness of the Crow?

• Hey kezza, I can't believe this, my father and his mother just loved crows...As a child we had crows everywhere...I'm 50 now...My nanny used to tell me that crows are beautiful and she would come back as a crow:)

My father who passed 4 years tomorrow, also loved the crow...maybe because of his mother, my dad would talk to the crows all the time hehe. So now I talk to them thinking just maybe its my dad...I miss him terribly and you have given me a message, its strange I know, but I truly believe this with my heart.

Take care

peace,light and love

PS my daughter who is 10 years old, does not like the crows...they take her food all the time, (NO JOKE) lol..

• wow that is an unusual but very pleasing story.

Personally I never have had problems with the Crow, although a work mate of mine has. She says every morning at 5-6am this Crow pecks and tries to fly through the wall.. it caws horrendously waking all her family up. She is not a spiritual person, I said to her maybe this crow is trying to warn you of something?

Anyway/... Crows are beautiful, I read somewhere they are the keeper of the sacred law, and they have no sense of time...

I look twice more when I see a crow as I cross a road if it caws or flys near though; just in case.

I visit on occasion a professional tarot reader/white witch in my local town, I asked her about the crows and she said only be very aware there is trouble when you see a line of crows together this means danger and stay away, or get away.

Crows cannot harm you though.

Anyone else have any crow stories? would love to hear!

peace and love!

• I love crows and blackbirds! They are used as symbols in many art forms--particularly Native American. To me they represent true wildness and they reject domestication unlike other birds. As a photographer I have a hard time capturing them! I've used them in my poetry and love them in artwork. If you are close to nature and feed the birds in your yard you will notice other bird offspring get closer to you growing up being fed--but never crows or blackbirds--they always stay wild. I love the way they signal the aproaching Fall season and will fill the yard in a ruckus of chatter then fly off in a big crowd. My father didn't like them because he said they can be brutul and bully other birds. Such is life in the wild. On occasion they can be symbols for the shadow side of nature but mostly they are considered positive metaphors for the wild spirit in nature. I also feel lucky to find a nice big black feather. Sometimes it's a reminder to be strong.

• This post is deleted!

• loving these stories! I wonder if American Crows are the same as the British ones here..shiny and black... I have never seen their eyes..are they black too I wonder..

Watergirl that's a funny story.

Blmoon... I have seen crow feathers before and staying strong is a good way to read that sign...i always wonder what it may mean. but I like that idea

• This post is deleted!

• same as the one here then 🙂 I hear one now

• I'M IN VANCOUVER CANADA, AND WE HAVE MANY, MANY CROWS....i ALWAYS PASS ON PICKING UP THE FEATHERS STRANGE,,,I COLLECT FEATHERS.i ALWAYS BELIEVE THAT AN ANGEL HAS LEFT ME ONE..I'M GOING TO GET MY CROW FEATHERS., THEY SEEM TO FOLLOW ME EVERYWHERE HEHE...OURS ARE JET BLACK ALSO,SHINNY TO DEEP BLACK EYES...

HUGS SHEILA

THIS IS AN INTERSETING TOPIC.

• OH--forgot--if your totem is the wolf (that is mine) the crow is it's other brother--it's called shape shifting. AND oh my watergirl18--a crow that ate from your hand--my I'm jelouse! You are so blessed! That incident was meant to remind you the rest of your life that you are "gifted". It is very very rare.

• blMOON OR WATERGIRL, IF ITS TOO MUCH INFO THAT YOU WOULD NEED FOR ME THATS OKAY I'M A GOOD RESEARCHER HEHE HOW DO I FIND OUT MY TOTEM?i'M NOT LOOKING FOR A READING HEHE

SHEILA

bLESSINGS TO ALL OF YOU

• This post is deleted!

• HAHA I REMEMBER THAT SHOW LOL THATS TO CUTE..

• very cute! ..and so unusual! What other animals are as spiritual as the crow?

And how do you know what your totem is? Is your totem your animal spirit guide? when i close my eyes and try to see what mine is i see a bird but not sure what bird

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• That was a sign of divine validation--or goosebumps when a truth is said or the hoot of an owl. I often hear an owl when a blessing comes. Butterflys are my intuitive companions and will often land on my shoulder--I find that tree frogs as well bring messages. As for totem--not sure if that word relates for everyone--not sure what to call it other than the animal energy I most identify with. Hard to describe but you just know who is your brother spirit in the animal world. There is a profound attraction and others may even see it in you. I often immediatly recognize "bears" and other dogs--including wolfs cyotes foxes as they all are part of the dog energy--I am very attracted to other dog types including who are more crow or blackbird. There are owl folks and probably plenty more I don't know as we dogs tend to remain in our own packs--though I also mingle with a lot of bears. I once read that for those who did not know for sure that the native americans had a ritual they did like a meditation then asked thier animal to to show themselves and take them on a journey repesenting their path in life. I think most intuitive people can guess---if you could guess what would it be? Let me know--I'm curious!

• mine definatley an eagle, i am in such aweeeee. I see them at different times, like when i need some peace.when sittin on the edge of a rock overlooking the beauty of water or when i'm lying down in tthe yard..I have seen a family of egles fly above me, it was almost like i could reach out and touch them, not really but they were so close to me...

The most beautiful sight besides my children being born....

• I will catch up on everyone later i'm off to the circus "KOOZA" with my little girl and partner..

take care everyone can't wait to see the rest of the responses...

peace,light,love and blessings

sheila

• OH forgot THE GREAT BLUE HERON a very divine spiritual symbol. The heron too is in a lot of Native American legend. The Heron shows up in many poems and literature. They are often the regal kings and great protectors. I once spent a week watching the sun set everynight from the same spot--got to know this beautiful big heron who flew near by and perched in the setting sun. One evening I noticed a crew of baby ducks huddled on shore and about 20 feet away in the water just watching was a big old gator! I thought oh the cruelty of nature as surely sometime that night blood would spill--this little bit of shore line was out of reach from me below a lake wall or I'd of rescued them. But then came that big heron--it flew over that gator twice---- each time making a very threatening screech then landed standing tall in the shallow water between the ducklings and that gator! It was still standing there after dark when I left. So much beautiful literature has been written about these divine regal creatures!