Hello espearite can you help me with the cards

• Hello espearite

My name is Illona and I did a spread for myself but I don't think I understand the cards right. I just was asking a general question about my love life.

Card 1. What covers me - The Sun

Card 2. What crosses me - Eight of Swords

Card 3. What crowns me - Wheel of fortune

Card 4. What is beneath me - Two of Wands

Card 5. What is behind me - Ace of Pentacles

Card 6. What is Before me - King of cups

Card 7, My Self - Knight of Swords

Card 8. Around Me - Seven of wands

Cards 9. Hopes and Fears - Judgement

Card 10. The fool

If you could help me with these cards please thank you so much.

• Hi blackladydiver, I have briefly glanced the reading and I will have a reading for you by tomorrow. I do apologize I can't get to you sooner, my day is going to be filled with company.

• Hello Espearite,

I've been coming to Tarot site for quite some times for consults my situaltion, in matters to the heart...sometime, I did not understand the reading but didn't know I had option to ask for details here at this form. I have been down and out over the issues that had brought me to Tarot speads. Such a long story that i am not able to explain it all on here. Just a little about my situation, it has been 4 years we broke up, during the whole times, never a moment I am not thinking about this person, he's the world to me. I have been in a few relationships in the past but never feel so deep as I feel about this man. Although, we comunicate often over the nets chat lines. Recently, he asked to see me, even I am longing to see him again but worry if he's mean well with what he says...? I decided to consulted with Tarots once angain, I am confuse with the speads, please help me define the spead, so that I could gain more perspective in my situation.

You can email me with the details

This reading was read today August 11, 2010

The spead is Love Celtic Cross

Love & Me: Nine of Coins

Main (positional) meaning | General | Position

Freed from uncertainty about the future, you can develop your charms and enjoy greater romantic fulfillment.

The card in the Love & Me position touches on an aspect of how you perceive yourself with regard to possible intimacy in your life.

The Nine of Coins in this position indicates liberation from survival fears, freedom from worry and uncertainty. The traditional image shows a person who has enough, is taken care of, whose romantic and partnership needs are supported. The abundance she enjoys allows her the freedom to be herself and cultivate her natural talents and interests.

This is a wonderfully optimistic card that says you are starting from a well-supported position. Somehow you have placed yourself in a flow of abundance. The question is "What are you going to do with this wonderful, future relationship opportunity?"

The second card

Situation: Page of Wands

Change will escalate rapidly. Be quick to participate.

The card that lands in the Situation position refers to social or circumstantial factors which could be affecting your life at this time.

This card is traditionally entitled a Page, but in some modern decks as a Princess. When the Page of Wands is in this position, change is in the air. News may have been released about developments that could put stress on a potential relationship.

This may be a good time to reaffirm the mutual goal before everyone hits the ground running. Be prepared for a change in hierarchy, a new set of policies, or even a new turn of events to come out of nowhere. Whatever it is, you are in a position to participate in the wave of the future. Change will escalate quickly.

This is not necessarily a negative development, however, so do not let anyone think this is something to get upset or emotional about. The essential thing? Remember that your purpose is to respond, rather than retreat and wait.

The third card

Challenges: Knight of Coins

Do your homework. Gain a thorough and deep understanding of your next relationship and devise a workable plan to see it through.

The card that lands in the Challenges position refers to ways that you can turn obstacles into stepping stones.

The Knight of Coins (in some decks, a Prince) in this position suggests that you are being asked to go to the roots of things. So, start from the beginning and gain some experience to match your intellectual grasp of a future relationship. Temper whatever power you possess with patience and sensitivity to detail. It may be wise to steep yourself in the traditions of your field of endeavor so you can tap the spirit and ideas of your predecessors as well as their source materials. In this way you will not stray far from the truth, the substantial reality which supports your vision, and your greater goal.

Too many people have a big dream and move immediately into action without first undertaking the necessary research, understanding, game plan or skills. If you see to all of these things, then your personal and other relationship ventures may have a better chance to be successful and fulfilling from the beginning.

The four card

Background: Three of Swords

Remember the lessons you learned about how not to act when you feel threatened.

The card in the Background position points to influences from your personal history, your roots and background.

The Three of Swords in this position suggests you have experienced negativity, pain and loss resulting from failed relationships. The good news is that these experiences did lead to hard but important lessons about boundaries and trust. There may be some unresolved emotions stirring in the present that are stimulating old wounds.

Try not to project a scenario from your past onto this present experience. Let your memory of the past provide you with enough wisdom to produce a different outcome this time around, one that justifies renewed hope. You are being challenged to look beyond old programming to perceive a world in which people may be able to work things out.

The fifth card

.Recent Past: Five of Swords

Accept responsibility for your part in an unfortunate situation and figure out how you can take action to correct it.

The card in the Recent Past position refers to events that are just departing, recently influential but now diminishing in power.

With the Five of Swords in this position, a conflict between personal agendas has taken place that will be difficult to undo. The Five of Swords represents the temptation of self-centeredness over collective welfare. Scrutinize and examine how you may have contributed to any defensiveness and emotional or verbal hostilities that may have arisen.

Recent events have highlighted the importance of vigilance over selfishness and divisiveness. Sometimes we have to learn our lessons the hard way. Face the situation by asking how you can improve things from this point forward. Find a way to take personal responsibility for issues that are yours so you can come back into balance and a rediscovered ability to trust. Examine what happened so you will be sure to avoid repetition of past mistakes.

The sixth card

Higher Power: Ten of Swords

Resistance is futile; surrender to the hard lesson.

The card in the Higher Power position reflects the broader perspective and influence of your conscience, Guardian Angel, inner wisdom.

The Ten of Swords indicates that you are being educated about limits. Don't spend time looking outside yourself to trace the causes of these events. It doesn't matter. Just accept that your Greater Self intends this challenge to be an education, correcting that part of you that is under the illusion that you possess control over your life and relationships. Now that you are fully conscious of your inability to forestall the inevitable, the right action is to lay down your arms. For now, your power in the situation has come to an end.

You are learning that your life is subject to forces much more powerful than your ego. In an ironic way, this dark hour actually provides you evidence that you are not abandoned, though the proof may be coming in the form of a cosmic chastisement. Notice how such a setback can happen without really damaging your will to carry on. This is the wonder of the Ten of Swords -- you think events like this would "just kill you," but you endure, for this too shall pass.

the seventh card

Open yourself to the warmth of a harmonious, welcoming universe. You will be safe there.

The card in the Near Future position indicates which way the wind is blowing with regard to your situation. If you follow the Advice card, however, you can improve on or neutralize tendencies.

With the Ace of Cups in this position, you are likely to make contact with a person, situation or group that will prove significant to your psychic and emotional life. This new influence will help you shift your focus and awaken to a sweeter, more harmonious, nourishing experience. Even if you have spent years living without anything like this -- such that it arouses your suspicions -- try to relax into it.

Don't resist this influence. Allow the experience, the new relationship or the promise of this moment to soften you and teach you how to trust again. Just because the past has been difficult or lonely doesn't mean you have to live that way forever. A new opportunity will give you permission to feel your sweetness again, and a safe place to do it. Unfold your petals. Glory in being the wanted child of a friendly universe. No harm will come to you.

The eight card

Issues: Strength

You have temporarily lost faith in your inner resources and innate wisdom.

The card in the Issues position points to self-undermining tendencies, areas where you could be in denial or could get stuck -- unless you examine yourself and make some corrections.

When the Strength card appears in this position, you lack confidence in your natural ability to deal with the day to day challenges that come with attracting a relationship. You are out of touch with your instinctive sense of right action. Neither denying your innate abilities, nor inviting some kind of catastrophic confrontation, you can get back in touch with your powers of charisma, persuasion and moral example. Don't denigrate these gentler forms of Strength -- often they are more effective than the forceful ones.

The ninth card

The Loved One: Eight of Swords

Someone you care about is going through a testing period -- it's as if he or she is running the gauntlet.

The card in the Loved One position refers to how you might perceive someone you are now or soon to be involved with. Alternatively, it may point to an archetypal energy source within yourself, which supports your ability to experience deeper love.

The Eight of Swords in this position indicates that you are watching someone dig deeply within to access the resourcefulness, stamina and courage that he or she possesses. From the outside, the effort may seem to be in vain. But how he or she does it will determine options in the future.

As far as your loved one is concerned, there is major significance to this self-imposed trial. There is much to admire about a person who willingly treads through the muck in pursuit of a vision. Be a fan and give them another reason to do his or her best. If you can't think of ways to make it easier for them, then it would be best to just avoid interfering.

Tenth card

Love Advice: Two of Coins

Do not allow yourself or a possible love interest to be coaxed into premature decisions or actions. The impact on your potential relationship could be too great for you to be acting on impulse right now.

The card in the Love Advice position suggests a course of action which will harmonize what you want with what is currently possible.

The Two of Coins in this position advises that neither of you choose anything definitive for the time being. There is an undertone of hurry in this situation which is unbecoming to the seriousness of the decisions that need to be made. Give yourself a bit more time to sort out your feelings and any mixed messages you may be receiving. There is no need to be goaded into premature decisions or actions. Act only when you and the one you desire are able to do so with unified hearts and minds. Soon more information will be available and you both may see things more clearly.

Eleventh card

Long-term Potential: The Star

The qualities of humility and receptivity are potential gateways for a spotlight of guidance to light the way for a new relationship.

The card in the Long-term Potential position points to unknowns still taking shape. It is the "wild card" yet to be played.

The Star points to the potential of true inspiration. Persevere in your commitment and weather all the challenges. Such resolve may carry a forthcoming relationship forward for years to come.

You may now be on a path that will lead you and the one you need to attain your highest spiritual objectives. Mine this vein with steadfast conviction. Transformation is yours to lose.

• Good Morning Espearite

I do understand. And I thank you very much for your help. I am learning how to use the tarot cards but I am just beinging. So again thank you.

Illona

• Card 1. What covers me - The Sun

A gift is being offered to you and it is there for the taking if you can only accept where you are now. This is the key to the needed change in your life.

Card 2. What crosses me - Eight of Swords

You must learn how to see the situation from a different angle. You are not as lost as you think. There is a solution to the problem, but you have not put yourself in the right position to see it (mentally). Try not to get lost in your thoughts or complicate matters. My advice is to simplify and then go from there. You deserve to be happy.

Card 3. What crowns me - Wheel of Fortune

There is also an indication you don't understand the pattern of your problem, but hope to. It's something you need to learn first in order to deal with the issue effectively. The good thing is luck and/or an opportunity has presented itself. Things are starting to look up for you.

Card 4. What is beneath me - Two of Wands

I can say you are finding it difficult to make a choice between two things. You are definitely at a crossroads. More so, you might be trying to decide how to make these choices definite, meaning narrowing many choices down to only two of them (?).

Card 5. What is behind me - Ace of Pentacles

To me, it feels like an event or some piece of information that led you to take action. From cards 4 and 5 this also may be referring to a business project of some type. I'm not sure how it's connected to your love life.

Card 6. What is Before me - King of cups.

Obviously I think it would be someone you have a relationship with or will. I know this is the future card, but it definitely is a man you will be involved with. I'm not sure if his qualities are inherent or best described by the watery nature here. If so, he is a sensitive individual who may find it difficult to compromise and/or emotionally understand the situations he faces.

Card 7, My Self - Knight of Swords; You want to get something off your chest. To me, words and swift actions are your way of dealing with the situation. You also want facts and is another card connected to 3 and 9. You are very perceptive and your ways of dealing with the situation have been/will be through communication and keen observation.

Card 8. Around Me - Seven of wands; You feel like you have to be assertive in order to get what you want. You know what you want and it's something you have had your share of troubles with lately. Feel like you've been jumping through hoops?

Cards 9. Hopes and Fears - Judgment; you hope this will be your destiny. Interpreted as a fear, you fear what others may think, a connection to card 8. I am seeing there may be a fear of criticism.

Card 10. Outcome - The Fool; I like to say that you will find yourself on a new road. There will be freedom from previous worries as you explore the choice you have decided. I feel like you will begin to find the true you.

Blackladydiver, I'm sorry I took so long in getting to your reading, but I do hope it provides you with some insight into the situation surrounding your love life. Thanks for letting me read for you. 🙂

• Love & Me: Nine of Coins; To me the interpretation you received is a matter of pride. You may not understand that you have the upper hand in the situation. To me, the card says to you, "You don't give yourself the credit you deserve." The thing I've learned about reconnecting with someone from my past is that I couldn't expect more than what I was getting. By hoping and wishing for that which you don't have and/or lost, the card tells me you must not focus on regaining it. You already have more than you know. Do not resort to begging this person back into your life. Be yourself and let things happen on their own. I am not saying you cannot be nice to him, but just don't overdo it and expect him to offer more. Whatever comes of it, comes of it.

Situation: Page of Wands; Just as the reading says, you have received a new message from him in the form of asking to see you. Judging from the card, I'm guessing this is the first time? The situation also carries with it a rush of emotion, like being in teenager again. I would advise against rushing into the matter and moving at a slower pace. I know it can seem all very exciting but learn to see the reality of what might happen. I don't mean to be a pessimist, but if it did not work out before, you must be cautious. Learn to expect nothing before this someone directly asks a relationship from you. And if that does happen, really try to look at the postive and negative aspects of what is and might happen.

Challenges: Knight of Coins; To me, this knight represents "hands-on" work, as well as proceeding with caution. If you look at the Page of Wands, these two men are very different from one another. One has no experience, while the other has gained some and knows the way of patience and life. The situation calls for his type of outlook. Again, you must learn to look at the reality of the situation (pros and cons) while taking your time. This may require you to investigate this person before you decide to go beyond this reunion. I think it is good not to let him know how curious you really are. Also, don't tell him what you've told me. I would play it cool.

Background: Three of Swords; The interpretation given from the reading you received is in agreement with my own. You told me you have been in other relationships in the past and I think you need to look at them as lessons more than as painful times in your life. If we don't end up with the person we thought, chances are the worst person brings us to the best situation.

Recent Past: Five of Swords; This card shows me a fight (?), and as the reading indicates, was due to differences that could not be worked out. You might have been fighting against a change.

Broader Perspective: Ten of Swords; This is a card of pain, but it is one that always brings a new beginning, you just have to realize it. You have been very depressed from all the chaos left in your love life. Take heart, it will pass. From the previous two cards, I think you have gone through enough to change (not that you were a bad person). Look to become a new person for the better. Also, I know it is very hard to set your pain aside but do not act out of desperation in order to be happy. I think you need time to heal and let the new you emerge.

Near Future: Ace of Cups; I agree with the reading. At the very least, it does show you beginning anew with this person, at least in friendship. For some reason, and I don't want to get your hopes up, I think his feelings are mutual. It certainly shows me he enjoys your company.

Issues: Strength; This is evident from the Swords cards you have been getting. Your past has caused you to doubt whether you can make this decision and if you should give the relationship another try. Like I said, don't expect anything and proceed with caution. Always remember, you have control of the situation.

The Loved One: Eight of Swords; This card shows me that yes, he is having an issue of his own which he isn't able to see the solution to at the moment. He is between a rock and a hard place, feeling limited or confined by someone or some situation. His mind is what keeps him from understanding his problem. This is also the guilt card. He might be too hard on himself at times. He might blame himself for the reasons that led to the break up. I would say he is more sensitive than he shows himself to be and is very sensitive to the pain of his past and any criticism he may be given.

Love Advice: Two of Coins; As I said, you have to manage the situation correctly, all you need to do is realize you have control over what happens. Ask yourself: What do you really want and how do you want it to turn out? You have the ability to get through the situation which is admirable. Look to cards 1 and 3.

Long-Term potential: The Star; There is hope in your own love life and how you make a come back with it. Your confidence in yourself returns mainly. You discover someone or something that continually provides you with inspiration as well. At the very least, your hope about this relationship may return.

I hope this has provided some clarity into your situation, Purplesense. I think you will find yourself again. 🙂

• Hello Espearite

Thank You so much for breaking it down like that for me. I am trying to learn how to read the cards myself. From a class online. Some of the cards hit it on the nose and some of them I am not too sure about but I do understand what they are saying. I am really in a relationship right at the moment. But there is somebody that I am head over heels about and have been for years and years and will always be that way about him. So this helped alot.

Thanks Illona