3: Seven of Swords

4: The Fool

5: Ten of Pentacles

6: Five of Cups

7: Knight of Swords

8: Two of Cups

9: Ten of Wands

10: Ace of Cups

I was asking about my love life (which has consisted of a string of one night stands over the past few months, a new experience for me... And not one I plan on repeating... Could this be what the fool refers to?) or lack of love life, but I'm having a little difficulty trying to work out how the Emperor fits into things, and just curious about how you would interpret the presence of the Knight of Swords.

I would love to hear your interpretations of these cards as I am still learning how to interpret the cards.

• Hi,TipsyToes.

can you tell me also the meaning of each position ,that is ,which card stands for future,which card stands for past,etc? I know there are different ways to spread a celtic cross and i'm not sure which one you are using.

• This post is deleted!

• Hi,TipsyToes,

i'm going to interpret this spread card by card.

1: The Emperor

This may mean that your father has an influence to you,or anyone that is mature and professional. Combined with ten of pentacles and the fool, it may also indicate that you have a conflict with your your family. Because you are asking questions about love ,this may mean that for some reasons your family get in the way of your love life,or that you may feel that they do.

2: The Lovers

This card show up with 2 of cups. So i can say that you should be in love,or you just have the chance to fall in love.

Since this card means also one's free will,this card in combination with the previous card suggests that the problem you're facing may not be a love problem,but rather a conflict between your own will and your family.

3: Seven of Swords

Seems like you don't want to let someone for example your family knows about your love life.

4: The Fool

In the past you just try to escape what bothers you,and just get yourself relaxed.Yeah,this refers to your one night stand.But more importantly,it means you are feeling tired and want to get away of all the problems.

5: Ten of Pentacles

It means similar things to Emperor in this situation.Moreover,the position it's in shows that you may be feeling that you must do as your own will, and ,maybe, get out of your family's control?

6: Five of Cups

This card is about loss and sorrow. Maybe you'll have an quarrel with somebody and this would make you very sad. But remember there are other chances,and you can live a better life.

7: Knight of Swords

As the outside influence, this can be your lover,or s/he has the possibility. s/he is very talkative,and always has new ideas. S/he is immature attractive and charismatic.

8: Two of Cups

Simply means in love or will be in love.

9: Ten of Wands

You may fear the burden of supporting a family. Or, you will meet the "Knight of Swords" in your work.

10: Ace of Cups

This means a new love love or a new phase in your love. This is also why i say you are not facing a love problem, this card is very positive when asking about love life.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks for that! Lol... It sounds kinda accurate, all the bits about my family being a large influence over it all... 😞 It was fairly similar to the way I interpreted it, but I really had no idea how to interpret the ten of pentacles or the Emperor.

• Hi TipsyToes,

i'm very glad that I can help.Though you are now in a very difficult situation, I believe it would be better. Be confident in yourself and your ability to change your life!