Life help

• Dear TheCaptain:

You are so sweet, I will pray that you have a safe and easy move, that evderything goes the way it should so that you are filled with peace and love.

• Thanks Sporty, I wish you the same.

• Dear TheCaptain,

Did you get moved and did everything go ok? Just checking. I hope life is being good to you right now. Love and Orayers Julie

• How's life treating you now, Sporty?

• DearTheCaptain,

Not very good,just when I think things will change for the better,they do not. Too long of a story to get into. I lost my computer for awhile and my mom went and bought me a new PC so I am sorry for the late contact. I also stayed away as I think I was wanting people to help me out with my life when I could not do it myself and than when nothing happenedthe way I thought it should I would question myslef as to how I could change direction for the worse when I thought it was suppose to get better. I still have not figured that one out. Anyway,how are you? Have you been doing any writing or journaling? Did you go on a vacation? I hope life is treating you well as you deserve it. Thanks for all your love and kindness. It really meant a lot to me for you to check on me, not many people would do that. Have a good day.

• Yes, Sporty, you have to stay open to all the ways that spirit might send you what you want. If you expect things to happen only in one way, you may be blocking some of the other ways your desires can reach you. Just ask the Universe to send you a happy life and then open your heart and mind - free yourself of all traditional expectations. Go with the flow of life. Something very unexpected, that you had never imagined but so wonderful, can then happen.

I am very well - still writing and enjoying myself in my old home town.

• Dear TheCaptain:

You have been on my mind a lot this last week, are you doing ok or is something wonderful and exciting happening for you? I am sorry I have not kept in touch, I had a spiritual reboot that was telling me to stay off of the computer and I have been, but you have been on my mind so much that I just needed to check in with you. I hope all is well with you my dear friend!

• How does this work exactly. I do follow horoscopes and such, but I have often wondered about how to obtain psychic help. I have no direction right now in my life and may need some help with figuring things out.

• Thanks Sporty, though it has been hard and painful, my family is finally opening up and talking about our past with an abusive father and husband. Mum has been crying and talking about all the garbage he threw at her and the physical, emotional and mental violence he perpetrated on her. My sisters and I are also being honest with each other as I had almost lost hope they would be. The floodgates of pain have opened and they are hard to bear, but at least the years of accumulated hurt are being washed away. Quite a breakthrough for us all!

How are you going?

• MzDiana, if you click on the "Create a new topic" button at the top right of this page to begin your own personal thread, I will answer you there. It will help if you give your birthdate and state specifically what you need.

• Dear TheCaptain>

Is this emotional opening of your family wounds helping or is it bringing more pain than what the family can deal with at this time? I will pray for you and your family for love and a healing touch. I do care very much about you and can feel some of your pain. I hope for the best for you and your family.

• It is definitely helping, though it hurts, Sporty. But better out than in!

What about you?

• Dear TheCaptain:

You have such a good outlook on life even when it is hard for you, such an inspiration! I am ok for now and soI do not really want to talk about my life, I am more concerned about you, even though I kjow you will be fine. I know in my heart that it is time to take a break from worrying about me and when it is time I will talk to you about it, but so you do not worry, things are looking up and looking better. I seen the lord show me steps (I think 9) that I have to take to get to where I need to be and I am either on 3, 4, or 5 right now so this is good. I feel that you need a hug of love and friendship so I am sending you some with the angels. Take care and may all your burdens ends up to be blessings in disguise.

• Thank you for thinking about me, Sporty. I think everyone is experiencing some sort of emotional or physical turmoil/cleansing/healing at this time. We must just remember that we are all in this together. No one has to suffer alone. A problem shared is a problem halved, as they say.

I am glad to hear that life is treating you much better.

• So dear Captain:

None of my business so if you do not feel that it is appropriate to ask please do not answer. This that your family is going through, can I ask how many in your family are going through tis problem hearling process? Are you the oldest? Did this happen to you or your other siblings? Did your mom know and ignore it at the time?. The reason I am asking these questions is because we went through some of this, my mother ignored it and by the time she did accept it my step-father was dead It is sad, but I can feel your pain and wish that I could personally reach out and as they say":touch you" but I would like to hug you so here goes a bear hug your way.

• Sporty, my father was a cheating, gambling alcoholic who physically abused and terrorised my mother all their married life. She tried to shield us from it but we were always afraid of him. Yes I am the eldest of five girls (my father only ever wanted a son). He put on a false front of being a lovely family man to society, so no one believed my mother when she asked for help. He did the typical abuser trick of cutting her off from her family and friends so she had no one to turn to. We were all so relieved when he passed away but his ghost still haunts her, telling her she is a bad and useless person. Though I have tried for years to get everyone to talk about what they experienced, no one wanted to dig up the past - though it was obviously still affecting them in their lives and bad relationships. It's only now after I have moved home after almost thirty years being away that things are finally coming out. Mum has agreed to see a counsellor which is good because she seems to have given up on life and is just waiting to die.

Thank you so much for your concern.

• Dear Captain: I am concerned, will your mom be honest with the conselor or is she still in denial like so many people? Are you all open to a family meeting or do you have to meet separately and talk with one another right now to work through his? Is your family leaning on you the most since you are the oldest? There is bound to be hurt, betrayal and miss understandings, please surround yourself with the white light before and after all conversations or inhteraction. God be with you and I am here any time you need a shoulder. My e-mail is if you need me. Remember I love and CARE ABOUT YOU!

• This also worries me - my mother has grown so used to wearing a mask to disguise what she is going through that it will be very hard for her to open up to the counsellor. So my sister and I (my other 3 sisters don't live here in town) have offered to go with her and to come into the session if she wants us to. We had a small family meeting when my youngest sister visited recently and a lot of secrets came out and my mother was able to talk about a lot of the abuse she suffered. But it was obviously only the tip of the iceberg. There were many things she didn't feel comfortable telling us - and to be honest I'm not sure I want to know all the intimate details - so hopefully she will feel better talking to a sympathetic stranger next week at the counselling.

Thanks for your support Sporty. It's much appreciated.

• Dear Captain: Thanks for confiding in me. I will not ask you any more questions as I feel that enough is enough. I just want to be there for you, so would you please give me an update next week if you feel inclined to otherwise no matter what I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

• I will certainly keep you updated as you must do for me. 🙂