Pisces Woman Lost a Pisces Man...

• I'm a Pisces woman recently broken hearted by a Pisces Male...make that my best friend from the last 6 years. We decided to try dating, because we've been dancing around it for 2 years now. Things moved crazy fast, and he pulled back. We are long distance...he pulled back as far to say that he doesn't want a relationship at all. He let me know he was freaking out and overwhelmed and wasnt sure he could do this. I told him I couldn't talk him into staying, and that I was really hurt that he sacrificed our friendship for something he wasnt sure about. I wish I could take that back, I wish I could have heard him out and given him options or something. But he doesn't want long distance and he is very tied to his current location (2.5 hours away from me). I CAN'T move, it's not possible. So basically, I felt like we had no options, but I wish we had approached things differently. So not only have I lost my lover, I've lost my best friend. I really don't think our conversation was supposed to go down the path it did. I miss him terribly. I want him back, and honestly, I want him back in a relationship, not just my friend. How do I approach the situation?