Pisces Craft Challenge

• Pisces may be the dreamiest sign of the zodiac. The sign of the Fish is all about focusing on the subconscious -- dreams, illusions, delusions and spirituality. It's the ideal inspiration for artists and creators! Starting February 19, mine Pisces' profound creativity to create a piece of art entirely your own!

This month's Cosmic Craft Challenge asks you to take a common household object and, in true Pisces fashion, unleash your inner associations and sense of beauty! Revamp a simple fishbowl, use it as part of a greater piece or reconsider it in any way that strikes your fancy. The size of the project and the supplies you use are entirely up to you.

So get crafty! As we close another cycle around the zodiac, take a moment to use Pisces' reflective energies ... and channel them into an eye-catching project!

Rules:

Post a photo, scan or upload of your craft, as well as a description of how you made it, from February 18 to March 13 in the Pisces Craft Challenge Forum folder.

Polling will happen from March 14 to March 19, with live results displayed in the Forums. Each participant may enter only ONE project.

The lucky winner will be announced on March 20, when the Sun is preparing to move into Aries.

Simply hit "Reply" to enter. Good luck and happy dreams! For more celebration of the Sun in Pisces, head to the Sun in Pisces Page .

• This is a collage on cardstock with tissue paper "water" and "waves", accented with a Sharpie green marker. I scanned the collage and brought it into my graphics program where I overlaid a fish bowl outline on it and blacked out the background. I cropped it to size, wrote the poem, applied the text and Voila!, here we have it: Dream Fishing.

• Let me try this again with a resized image..

This is a collage on cardstock with tissue paper "water" and "waves", accented with a Sharpie green marker. I scanned the collage and brought it into my graphics program where I overlaid a fish bowl outline on it and blacked out the background. I cropped it to size, wrote the poem, applied the text and Voila!, here we have it: Dream Fishing.

• Third times the charm:

This is a collage on cardstock with tissue paper "water" and "waves", accented with a Sharpie green marker. I scanned the collage and brought it into my graphics program where I overlaid a fish bowl outline on it and blacked out the background. I cropped it to size, wrote the poem, applied the text and Voila!, here we have it: Dream Fishing.

The poem reads-

SWIM the sea of the subconscious

Dive right in and you'll find

Dreams come true for fishies and you

• I didn't vote for myself because I thought that would be tacky- but now it seems I have lost the March challenge because of that scruple! No one else entered the contest so I would have thought I would win by default, but evidently not so. I couldn't even find where people were supposed to vote in the forums- there is nothing set up that I could find. Perhaps the web owners can remedy that in the future.

• lin52,

Congratulations! You won the Pisces Craft Challenge. If there is only one entry, there is no voting process for the winner. Sorry for the confusion and we will be contacting you soon for your address so we can send you your prize!

• Lin52, just came in here, and I think you did a terrific job. I love it , very apparent you're creative and talented. I love your choice of colors, I love the fish and the fish bowl idea, sea foam color eye is pretty insightful too. You did a great job, I know I'm not that talented, but wish I could be.

Congrats, from another Pisces. Now maybe you can frame and display someplace in your home.