Pet Detective

• No, MysticalEnergy.

• I am sorry! I am forever grateful to you for all your compassionate help and THIS I FEEL for certain ~ so is Pueppe and The Man and oh my gosh of course Mutze too!

Meow, meow, purrrrrrr!

ME

• All,

Exccept for a few troublemakers -- who have been banned from the forums -- we don't feel that anyone in this community is deliberately malcious. But whenever participating in a public forum there is always the risk that people will misunderstand each other or unintentionally hurt feelings. This is why we try to avoid these cases altogether with the no personal readings rule.

Best,

Forum Admin

forums@tarot.com

http://www.tarot.com/forum/rules.php

• Not to be an instigator but there was a bit of a sharpness with the response to notshy2beme. I was actually shocked and a little upset. There needs to be an understanding on both sides that (1) nothing done here is anywhere close to being 100% accurate [entertainment purposes only] so there's no point in getting offended if someone corrects you and (2) nothing should be taken personally here because no one here knows you personally - at least not as a complete human being: if anything could possibly be known it is only as a single snapshot in a brief moment of time.

All throughout these forums it is said that if a reading or part of a reading doesn't feel right or true, don't accept it. Only the individual knows for certain. I've had a few readings here and, where there were details, some part of them have always been off. It wouldn't hurt for the reader to have a little more humility and the requestor a little more open-mindedness . . . when it's reasonable.

• This post is deleted!

• Thank you captain i'll get him checked asap

• So Tenchigo, you are assuming I was arrogant in my reply? You don't seem to have considered that I might also have been right and was trying to help both Notshy2bme and her animal friend who are both suffering. People seem to think hurt feelings are always bad but they are in fact a way to heal. They expose that a person is suffering pain and shows where and what that pain is. The right answer is not always the soft one. I am sorry for Notshy2bme's pain but I am not the ultimate cause of it. It's time someone really helped her instead of just offering sympathy.

• And Tenchigo I see you 'bite the hand' that has given you so much advice in the past. You didn't seem to think I was arrogant then. How fickle is human nature! My past efforts don't seem to count for much to a few members here.

MysticalEnergy, you have nothing to be sorry for - it wasn't you who complained to admin.

• Hello Captain,

so glad you are here! My friend (a Vet) came to see me today and said I did the right thing giving Mutze an easy transition and not to feel guilty, she was too sick.

The other kids are doing better, "the Man" still chats with me and I continue to confirm he his the The Man of the House and I love him for taking care of me. Pueppe is doing also better - it's just quite in the house. I see that there is a dent in their food dish, great!

Still working on a name for the Man, aiming for something strong and I the name Michaelangelo downloaded - mmhh strong - yes but a bit long so I tossed Angelo at the Man as he sat by me and he turned and looked at me. Tossed out a few other ones but no reaction. So I have tried getting his attention with Angelo and well it does stop him in his tracks and he looks at me or chats.

Not sure thou if he is saying "Duh Mom, you added an O to my previous name!" LOL

Maybe he likes not sure but we're still mourning so we'll see what happens or I come up with something better.

Thank you again for all your help!

ME

• Captain, I always appreciate your readings for your perspective and advice but I do keep some parts of it and discard others when it doesn't seem right. Most people here do that - they just don't say anything to keep from hurting anyone's feelings.

I was trying to show both sides of the issues and that both of you need to step back and have a break. You are obviously both hurt and feeling sensitive over this whole incident. You help a lot of people on the forums - from your posts it seems like you're here almost everyday. It might be helpful to take a few days off and just focus on your needs instead of getting burned out addressing the needs of others.

Notshy2bme, I don't know you but I hope you stick around. Shirt or no shirt your cat's super cute! My dog had the same look on her face when I took her picture this week. She just had double knee surgery so from the waist down she is completely shaven. She was mortified when I took her pic but everyone was so concerned about her I needed to show them she was okay - just a little funny looking until her fur grows back 🙂

• Hi Everyone on this Thread,

I just wanted to post some

PEACE, LOVE, UNDERSTANDING and ENLIGHTENMENT

on this thread.

Love and Blessings to you all,

Mari

• ME, I just joined the Forum today, and was immediately drawn to your posts. First, let me tell you how very sorry I am for your loss. I realize there are no words that can lessen the pain you are feeling deep in your heart, and it sounds trivial for me to say that I understand how you're feeling, even though I, too, have lost several precious cats since moving to FL. In 1994. The oldest was a "stray" that I rescued from my mother's neighbor, a man who "collected" strays, allowed them to breed, & then sold the kittens at a local flea market. I was working at a pet supply store at the time, after quitting my job as a RN (I was the Head Nurse of a 50 bed Oncology/General Med. Unit, but chose to quit to help my Mom care for my Dad who had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 1987), and this enabled me to confiscate over 30 "stray" cats and one Jack Russell Terrier from my Mom's abusive neighbor. Although I was tempted to keep every cat that I brought to the store, I knew this was not feasible. We had an excellent adoption program, therefore I am certain that each ended up in good homes. I did keep the 1st cat I had taken, Kalaidopy (she came with the name) as we became quite attached to her, AND she was pregnant when I got her in 1991(our vet estimated her to be 12-13 years old at that time). I actually adopted one of her kittens, my angel cat, Bogie (a female Lynx Point Siamese- Mom was a Tortie Point) and brought her home with me. Kalaidopy remained a store cat,( and actually nursed 2 more litters of abandoned kittens before we had her

spayed) until we moved to FL. in '94. A year after after I adopted Bogie, I adopted Bacall, a purebred Ragdoll. She is the only one of the 3 that I still have with me. Kalaidopy got sick and went downhill quickly, and we had to have he euthanized in 2000- we figure she was about 21 years old by then, but that didn't make it any easier for us to let her go. One year later, Bogie was diagnosed with thyroid disease, and a few months after that she was diagnosed with lung cancer. I was devastated. We were able to keep her going, often times needing to hydrate her with I.V. fluids for 2-3 days at a time. Yet, she never complained, never fought me when I had to put the I.V. needle in her arm or leg, and she would come when I called her to take her handful of pills. She truly was my angel cat! We were blessed to have her live for 2 more years. I knew it was time to let her go when she stopped coming when I called her to take her meds. It was her way of telling me, "Mom, I've had enough, I'm ready to go". She was 12 years old when I had to say "goodbye" to the best cat I've ever had the honor of being owned by. To this day I still miss her as much as if she just passed yesterday. Then, 4 years ago I was nearly destroyed when my baby, Bacall, went into Acute Renal Failure. Our vet told me to prepare myself for the worst. However, that was not acceptable to me. I researched everything I could about the disease, and told the vet that if she would survive if she were to have a kidney transplant, I was prepared to go to that extreme. He thought I was crazy, as the cost of this surgery could be between $8-10,000,not to mention the

cost of the meds she would have to take for the rest of her life to prevent her body from rejecting the kidney, somewhere in the neighborhood of $1-1,500/month. We decided to try a more conventional approach-restricted diet, increased fluid intake, etc.- and her condition slowly improved to the point where they changed her diagnosis from Acute to Chronic Renal Failure. She continued to do well, her lab work was almost within the normal range after about 6 months, & she was acting like "my baby" once again-until 8 months ago. Once again she ended up at the vets, unable to eat or drink without throwing up, and her lab work was horrible. This time we started her on a new medication, a capsule the size of a multivitamin, that I have to shove down her throat 2/day. In addition, I have to give her a 1/4 tab of Pepcid 2/day. Needless to say, she's not a happy camper! Unlike her "sister", Bogie, Bacall has never liked to be messed with, and tries her best NOT to be cooperative. I often question whether or not I'm doing the right thing, especially since her last set of labs didn't show much improvement. Yet, she appears to be feeling better-most of the time-her appetite is a little better, she doesn't throw up as often, she drinks & pees up a storm, and she's not lethargic. I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed, hoping that she continues to do well. She just had her 18th birthday on 5/3, and I'd like to celebrate many more with her. ME, you can see that I do understand the pain and sorrow of losing a beloved pet, and I truly wish I could take some of that away for you. Please know that you are NOT alone. All you have to do is reach out, and a whole community of animal lovers will be there for you.

P.s. I am typing on my IPad, and it won't allow me to download photos of my babies. I wish you could see how beautiful my kids are.

• I wanted to share this with everyone. I found it in a pet magazine, and thought many readers would like it as much as I did. The author is unknown. I hope you all like it.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been I'll and cold are restored to health and vigor;those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special, someone who was left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when suddenly one stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent;his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster.

You have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face;your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together....

I hope this touched you the way it did me. There is no other love like the love between a pet and it's human-unconditional, unwavering, loyal, forgiving, forever...in life and the hereafter.

• Thanks, Junklady, I have always loved and been comforted by the Rainbow bridge message.

Ad let me make myself clear if I have not been so - I am not saying anyone cannot THINK of their pets as family members or their children - it's just how you treat them that worries me. When you make your pet take the place of a human child or friend, you put extra pressure on them to fill a role that are not suited for because they don't possess the same human responses and thinking that we do. They can't solve your problems for you and placing them in such a position of responsibility makes them feel stressed and ill. If you are feeling a lack of love in your life, you need to fill it with self-love and self-nurturing.

• Dear Captain

In my view the way a society treats its animals reflects its level of civilisation..after all humans have complete power over these creatures. How much better then is it to err on the side of caution and attribute human feelings and responses to our pets and who 'is to say that they become stressed by our indulgences and by too much attention? I have had cats all my life ...and children....and they have all filled their designated roles in the family.

Incidentally, it puzzles me that most of us love our pets, but eat cows and pigs.Also please join PETA's campaigns for the ethical treatment of animals.

Peace and love

• Hmm, not sure that 'erring on the side of caution' is to attribute human characteristics to animals. It's something vets warn pet owners against. Animals do feel love and emotion but they are much simpler and more natural in their ways than we are. In fact, they are far better behaved than humans in general so attributing human qualities to them would be like insulting them. Better just to let them be free to be animals, I reckon. The way we 'tame' them and train them to do tricks is so demeaning. It's bad enough that we force them to live with us and stay within our home boundaries (as a cat owner, I include myself in the condemnation). Let the wild be wild, I say. Don't try and humanise the animals. They are far better than us.

• Dear Captain

Yes, absolutely.....mind you if you believe in the transmigration of souls (it's a theory of Pythagoras, found in Ovid's "Metamorphoses"), then there is no distinction between species - all souls are equal- which is why the famous philosopher/mathemetician would not eat meat; in case he devoured his grandmother!

I do applaud your efforts to preserve the dignity of animals. PETA's campaign against the training of circus animals and other campaigns against the fur-trade etc. are all part of a general raising of human consciousness that we should all support. and I am amazed at how much good work you have put in, in this respect, across these forums (fori).

Peace, love and respect to you, Captain.

• Yes I believe all souls are equal but when we come into the body there are different states of thinking and attitudes. Animals live in a much less complicated and more innocent state than humans. Humans tend to overthink life, whereas animals just react to it. They live in the now while we worry over the past and the future, missing out on the joys of the present.

• And of course, eating a lot of meat inhibits psychic ability by grounding you too much.

• This post is deleted!