Potential - Gemini and Cancer??????

• Hi there,

Met a Cancer fellow who wants to progress to a relationship. Met him only 3 times though. I'm a Gemini gal and I want to make sure that he's the one sooo I'm going slow on the friendship. Are cancer men loyal, monogamous?

He doesnt seem like a true cancer he has Moon in Cap, Mercury and Venus in Leo Mars in Libra. I have moon in Scorpio, Mercury in Gemini, Venus in Cancer and Mars in Virgo. He seems like a nice guy but feel I need to know him longer before venturing down the relationship path!

Any advice on Cancer men would be truly helpful!

Thanks,

Caramello

• With venus in Leo, your friend is attracted to the type of woman whom he can feel proud to be seen with - one who makes him look good and wins admiring glances that can reflect admiration onto him. A woman who's gorgeous or dramatic or regal or aloof turns him on. Looks lie, yet glamour gets him. He may choose a partner more for good looks or popularity than for real compatibility on all levels. It is particularly important for him to feel he can admire and respect his mate, and feel admired and respected in return. He expects loyalty, and needs to feel appreciated and - above all - NOTICED. Feeling ignored or unappreciated makes him feel insecure, so he can be enticed by a woman who flatters him with praise or attention. He could be attracted to a woman who is "the boss" at work - perhaps to a "bossy" woman. Passion or "drama" helps too. A Venus in Leo man loves to court and be courted, and he needs to feel very special. He is warm, generous, and even grand. Though really quite loyal to his partners (love is THE most important thing in his life), he thrives on attention from the opposite sex. Be prepared for his displays: they will tell you about any advances members of the opposite sex make on him. He's just showing off to you, and it's likely harmless. It's a different story if you do the same, however. That's when you'll hear the lion roar...and, no doubt, you'll want to keep these cats purring. Venus in Leo wants to appear experienced in love, even if he has little or no experience whatsoever. He has high expectations, but once you know that these expectations revolve only around how much attention you are giving him, you'll see that he is really quite big-hearted about most everything else. He is threatened by a relationship that appears to have settled too much, or one that's lost its spark, and by indifferent or impersonal behavior on your part. Although his need for physical expression through sex is generally quite strong, his need for love is perhaps even stronger. It is hard for him to separate love and sex, and even his most erotic fantasies are infused with love and affection. For this reason, he will not last long in a relationship that is mostly sexual. On the flip side, he may last longer in a love-only relationship in the absence of satisfying sex, but he is unlikely to feel very satisfied. Pleasing him involves paying loads of attention to him. If you're willing to make only one adjustment in your ways, it should be to remind him how wonderful he is. Respect and appreciate him, always. Put up with his childlike moments and tall tales. He wants to be seen as attractive by you, so avoid (at all costs!) putting him down in this area. He actually loses interest when he perceives the slightest loss of interest in his partner, and you can expect that any letdown will be acted out in a dramatic fashion. Remind him, in a gentle way, that your emotions count too. If you are feeling a little jealous, let him know. Remember, your small jealousies are affirmations that you find him attractive and expect the rest of the world to as well. Let him decide where to go on a date, and let him pay too. When he feels loved and appreciated, he will reward you with loyalty, a big sense of fun, and plenty of physical expressions of his love.

With his Mars in Libra, his energy in matters of achievement is more tempered than other signs. He's a lover, not a fighter. Since he is overly concerned with the other person and their needs, he can make an excellent, accommodating lover indeed. He must be assured that his partner is thrilled before he can enjoy yourself. At the same time however, he can suffer with some underlying anger and aggression if his own physical needs are being ignored. Although he won't come right out and say this, he expects his partner to know what to do to satisfy him since he goes so out of the way to ensure their pleasure.

Your Venus in Cancer means you show your love by caring and nurturing your partner. Your most dominant need in love is emotional security. You are tender and sensitive in matters of romance and sex. You need to be nurtured and most easily express love for another by nurturing beyond a lover's wild expectations. This could lead to co- dependent relationships where you end up getting hurt, especially if you confuse love with smothering which you sometimes do. Venus in Cancer is timid when dealing with romantic pursuits. You much prefer to prove to a potential lover how you can feed their heart and soul rather than be bold and direct in sexual matters. Feelings must be genuine and if hurt in love having Venus in Cancer is likely to shield you from opening your heart for quite some time.

• Wow Thanks so much Captain! Makes me feel theres potential with this new man! By the way I saw you do free readings please let me know what is in store for me and this new fellow!

Oh also just curious with all the above I do have doubts since our sun sign is not the most compatible. I'm a gemini and he's a cancer what do you think?

Smiles,

Caramello

• I need both your birthdates to do a complete compatibility analysis. And you should not go by sunsigns alone to judge compatibility.

• Hi The Captain,

Thanks so much - my bd is June 11, 1965 Hes bd is July 13 1965. So what other things should we go by besides Sun, Venus and Mars to see if were compatible?

Smiles,

Carmello

• Carme11o ~

Wow! Being a Gem woman who was involved with a Cancer man for a couple years, I can tell you that Captain is right on the mark! Looks are very important to him and he will require lots and lots of attention, affection and admiration from you but you have to be careful how you go about it or he will feel smothered...it's a balancing act with him! His heart is guarded behind the hard exterior, he sometimes rushes things and then retreats and it will take patience to get him to truly open up and express his feelings, and once he does it sometimes scares him and he may tend to retreat back into that shell! Balance! Hope all works out well for you 🙂

• Hi Danr,

Yes the Captain is certainly on the ball on this Cancer fellow I was impressed even to the boasting and telling me about gals who talk to him!

Yep I felt like he was rushing with comments to why he felt I was the one for him. I asked him again the following day and he didnt want to tell me ....retreated into his shell!

So do tell was your Cancer fellow faithful and honest to you? I want so hard to believe that he is but have been burnt by other signs so being a little guarded here!

Smiles,

Caramello