Candles and meditation

• As everyone says it is a process. Not like turning on a light switch, it is more subtle than that and grows without our knowing, seeing or understanding it at times. Haven't given up, the finding the quiet time lately has not been easy, family visiting, stuff to do, man life can get in the way sometimes.

• Meditation can be useful before big events or when

meeting someone new or something you feel nervous about

I notice afterwards I feel I have emptied all of my un-needed

feelings I feel recharged. I also hear green candles are very good to use

during meditation.

• exactly RCdreamer

quality, not speed

• All,

I meditate with both white candles and incense, also I like to use very good suttle tones. Like many have said it is a personal experience, just what ever works best for your self.

• RC - Do not be concerned with using color candles. We are all used to seeing white candles used say in church settings and of course the color white is connected with purity. However, just as white is connected to purity - or actually "all things" - there is a science to colors in general, not just for candles. You know how when you're in a green room you feel calm? Same with a blue room? What colors do fast food and other restaurants use? Red - it makes you hungry, stirs you up. Therefore, candle colors can be used to bring in those feelings or things that we associate with colors. Money is green/gold. Luck, gold. Whatever you are drawn to is what you should use.

I regularly am drawn to purple and blue candles. I do not tend to draw in yellows, greens, certainly not orange, etc. Purple is the most spiritual color, blue is calming, and for me personally I connect blue to the ocean/water, which is calming for me. Now as for black. Used in "black magic" of course they are used for evil. Any "spells" performed using black to harm is evil. However, black candles can be used to banish things from your life - say negativity, deciept, mistrust. But when you burn the candles, you must put that intention into it or else it's just lighting a candle for the sake of having the warm light within your space.

I hope that I make sense. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I can provide a list of colors and their meanings if you like. Our world is a pallet of colors and what we are drawn to is what we need to have. We are provided with everything that we need, and color is one of those things that also help us.

Love, Carole

• Ladycdf thanks for your reply. If you'd care to share the list of colors and associations I'm sure others here as well as myself would be interested. You are right we do need to use the intention along with the burning of candle or meditation. Sometimes I forget that part and usually get nothing as a result. As always I say I'm still learning. Thank you for sharing all the information on the candles and colors, I will consider it in making my selections in the future.

• COLOR ASSOCIATIONS: Candles (But you can use these associations in general in your life also, including with crystals and stones). I found this with other associations that you may or may not choose to prescribe to for some different belief systems, so take from this what you will use in your own life.

Always remember, you subconsciously already know what you need, so listen to yourself. Whatever feels right, use it. White can be used for any situation.

RED: Signifies: strength, health, vigor, lust (lustful love, do not use for "pure or true love"), danger, Gem: Garnet, Ruby, Spinel, Coral. Holiday: Yule, Planet: Mars, Day: Tuesday Astrological: Scorpio (Statement to remember: "Being in the red" - danger) Complimentary Color: Green

ORANGE: Signifies: encouragement, adaptability, stimulation, attraction, plenty, kindness, Gem: Carnelian, Sunstone. Holiday: Candlemas, Deities: Brigid, Planets: Sun, Mars, Mercury Days: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Astrological: Leo (Usually the "love it or hate it" color.) Complimentary Color: Blue

YELLOW: Signifies: knowledge, learning, concentration, persuasion, charm,happiness, confidence, jealousy, joy, comfort, Gem: Amber, Citrine, Tiger Eye. Planet: Mercury, Day: Wednesday, Astrological: Gemini, Leo Complimentary Color: Purple/Violet

GREEN: Signifies: finances, fertility, luck, success energy, charity, growth rejuvenation, ambition, counteract greed and jealousy, plants kingdom including herbal healing, Gem: Aventurine, Bloodstone, Emerald, Jade, Peridot, Malachite. Planets: Venus, Mercury, Days: Friday, Wednesday Holidays: Spring Equinox, Beltane, Astrological: Taurus (Statement to remember: "Being in the green" - having money/luck/good things) Complimentary Color: Red

BLUE: Signifies: tranquility, understanding, patience, health, truth, devotion, sincerity, honor, loyalty, peace, wisdom, protection during sleep, astral projection. Gem: Aquamarine, Iolite, Lapis Lazuli, Sapphire, Topaz, Turqoise. Planets: Moon, Venus, Saturn, Jupiter Days: Monday, Friday, Saturday, Thursday Astrological: Libra, Sagittarius. (Statement to remember: "Feeling blue" - neutral, calm feeling sometimes negative notation, but in general the feeling of being blue is calm and tranquil, thoughtful, sincere) Complimentary Color: Yellow

PURPLE/VIOLET: Signifies: power, piety, sanctity, sentimentality, tension, sadness amplification of other energies. wisdom, high ideals, spiritual protection and healing, psychic ability, protective energy, brings on sleep and rest, aids to remove addictions. Gem: Amethyst, Planet: Jupiter, Day: Thursday Astrological: Sagittarius Complimentary Color: Yellow

BLACK: negation without reflecting, unlocking when stuck, banishing evil or negativity, Gem: Obsidian, Onyx. Holiday- Samhain, Planet- Saturn, Day - Saturday, Deities- The Crone Astrological - Scorpio & Capricorn

WHITE: Signifies: purity, consecration, meditation, divination, exorcism, the full moon, healing, peace, spiritual strength, may be substituted for any other color. Gem: Diamond, Moonstone, Opal, Pearl, Quartz, Zircon. Planet: Moon, Day: Monday, Astrological: Cancer

GRAY: Signifies: balance, neutrality, used in erasing, canceling, neutralizing, and return to the universe without repercussion destructive energies Planet: Moon, Day: Monday Deity: Athena, Astrological: Virgo (Statement to remember: "In the gray area" - neutral area)

PINK: Signifies healing, familial or emotional love (rather than sexual), friendship, affections, unselfish emotions, spiritual healing, banishing hatred, Gem: Rose Quartz (the gem of pure love), Planet:Venus, Day: Friday

BROWN: Signifies: The Earth. grounding, trees, concentration, telepathy, spells to locate lost objects, protection of the familiars, pets, and animals, Gem: Agate, Jasper, Tiger Eye, Planets: Moon (tan browns), Venus (all), Saturn (dark browns), Days: Monday/ Friday/ Saturday Deity: Gaia, Astrological: Capricorn Holiday: Mabon

SILVER: Signifies: purity, the moon, treasure, values, female energy, the unconscious mind, Day: Monday Astrological: Gemini Deity: Artemis and other Moon Goddesses

GOLD: Signifies: the sun, male energy, wealth, financial wisdom, conscious mind, attracting happiness, activity, intelligence, Planet: Sun, Day: Sunday, Astrological: Leo Deity: Apollo and other Sun Gods

Note: Think about the entire symbolism of wedding rings. A ring of gold combined with diamonds. Our world is made up of symbols just listen to the little voice in the back of your head. What draws you? Repels you? Makes you comfortable versus makes you feel too jittery.

Hope that this helps some. If you search you can find more information.

Carole

• Carole, thanks for sharing that. You are right there is symbolism in all that we do, we just don't always take the time to notice it. I've been faulting myself for missing the little signs. My brother and I tease the still small voice needs to shout a little louder or the little signs needs to be a little bigger. I guess the reality is I really just need to be more aware. In our world of wanting instant gratification it's hard to wait for the answers we seek or see the signals and know they are not adding up to our desires. What we want and what we need are two very different things at times. I think this color chart will prove helpful so thanks.

• Don't think of it as "faulting" yourself. Try to be easier on yourself. I am becoming much calmer and at peace now that I am trying to change my viewpoint from "faults and problems" to giving myself a break and permission to grow. The more I still myself the easier it gets.

Don't get me wrong. There are days like today in fact, when I feel restless and agitated, where I don't understand the dreams I've had or why, and woke up feeling upset and anxious. Now I'm trying to go through my routine to try to relax. But I am totally nauseated from the dreams I had.

Give yourself a break. No one else will.

• I don't use candles when I meditate, I usually sit in a dark, quiet place where I won't be disturbed, usually my bedroom, and especially since that is my personal space, and just sit quietly with my eyes closed. My meditation experience varies each time depending on my day to day experience and for how long I meditate. Usually anywhere from 10 - 20 minutes but sometimes a little longer.

• DeviKaliMa

Meditation Teacher

• devikalima

yeah I don't use candles either, but I do smudge the area

the Zen meditation I do, usually takes 10 minutes, but the other type of meditation takes longer and I do that one more than Zen probably because it 's more active and not passive

I use music, or meditate in the nature

will visit that URL, seems interesting !