Number 4 keeps showing up....

• I have read a bit into Feng Shui and since were looking to buy a house, I have read that certain numbers are considered "auspicious " and others "inauspicious"....

Well, after having looked back at our past places that we have rented, they all seem to add up to 4...

our first apt we had was on 12343 which is 4 but our apt was 1421 which is 8...

apt # 2 was on 5701 and our apt # was 1111 both which add up to 4 but when added together comes to 8....and now we are at 4900 but are in a duplex which is side a or side 1 depending on how our mail comes...but the apt is actually an "a" which is what is on the outside of our door...

My question is, what is your guys take on the numerology on house addresses....

I hear that 4 is bad b/c it sounds like "death " ...we havent had any bad deaths in the family at all...nothing bad at all...just concerns me b/c we will be buying a house and seriously the first two houses we would have wanted all add up to 4...

• #4 does sound like death in Cantonese but not in English so it is not as though you are using the word death every time you give out your address which would be the case if you were speaking Cantonese.

In addition, some of your addresses did not have a number four as much as you were adding them up as in numerology which is kind of mixing metaphors.

4 is a very stable, grounding number and my personal favorite (I was born on the fourth).

Here is a synopsis of the number 4 as it relates to your place of residence based on numerology I found on the internet.

“A 4 home brings order, routine, schedules, practical work, earthly comforts, stability, loyalty, predictability and sound structure. Building a family, business or relationship works well here as there is a groundedness that induces patience and tolerance. Earth-centered creativity such as gardening, or architecture/building are likely to be very successful here and the house itself will be well built and durable. Times here are remembered for the steady progress that was made and the lasting relationships that were tempered. Good for accountants, builders, students, architects, practical people, gardeners, crafts-people, chefs, bank managers. Supports step by step progress and goal oriented people”

And also an 8 as that is what several of your residences actually added up to.

#8 "The money house", you might have heard it called. An 8 home usually has a money tree growing in the front yard. Well, not really but it really does attract opportunities for the inhabitants to experience "material responsibility." There is a tendency to think, eat, sleep and shower, business business business. The home itself will seem larger than it is and the look will be one of affluence, regardless of the actual worth. All of that old furniture somehow looks better here. There will be something, either in the landscaping, the window treatments or the architecture that says "palace." Everything gets amplified here so careful and intentional "pruning" is necessary and controlled growth is part of what 8 is about. Money making ideas will seem to come in with the morning paper. Warmth and family closeness are generally replaced with the promise of security and opportunity. This is a great house to be a home-maker in - a la Martha Stewart. Good for stock brokers, home businesses, entrepreneurs, doctors, managers, athletes, politicians, and celebrities. The downside? Whenever something goes wrong - it goes wrong in a BIG way...

Based on the fact that your other residences had a four or added up to four and as long as you did well in them, I would not be too concerned. It may even be a lucky or good number for you and your family, so I would not be too concerned with what the number is but with how you and your family personally feel about the home. Do you walk in and feel like your home?

If you are still worried that your new home has a 4 in it or adds up to 4 from a feng shui standpoint then encircle the 4 with the color red as a typical feng shui cure and go on about your business.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• From a numerology standpoint, Fours are not bad at all. In both the Tree of Life and in Numerology's Nine Personal Year Cycles (which mimic one another) the 3's are about breaking away from 'unified thinking' and becoming more of an individual. It is a time where you start forming more of your own views, own perspectives, and start figuring more out of what you want or who you want to be as an individual.

Following that is the 4's. Once you've become more of an individual and know more of what you want, 4's are about laying the foundation to achieving who you are or what you want. Actually doing the work to create that 'foundation' that is you.

So '4' does mean foundation and work. A house is also a foundation. Both in a physical and perception sense. A '4' combined with the cocept of a house would suggest a solid foundation to me. Or doing to work required to create or achieve that solid foundation.

• This post is deleted!