Placement of Pelican

• Hello, I was recently given a beautiful standing wooden pelican by my brother and I'm not sure of the proper feng shui placement for this item. Any suggestions? I also have a 55 gal aquarium, and not sure that it should be placed by the tank, which is where it's at now. Please advise....Thanks

• I could not find anything on Pelicans but since it is made of wood, I cut and pasted several articles below for an answer.

Wood represents one of the five elements in Feng Shui. The other four elements are water, fire, earth, and metal. Wood is suitable for the family section of the Feng Shui Bagua because of its nurturing and loyalty qualities. A chalice is representative of a container that holds water. A wooden chalice is an interesting object for a Feng Shui cure because it blends the water and wood elements together.

WATER - EASE, FRESHNESS AND ABUNDANCE

A harmonious Feng Shui Water element will bring a refreshing energy of calm, ease, purity and freshness. Water is also the ancient symbol of abundance, thus a potent Feng Shui cure.

Water is the Feng Shui element of North.

Water element is also good to use in the East and Southeast areas of your space.

Feng Shui Water Element Colors are:

Blue

Black

WOOD - HEALTH AND VITALITY

Lush and healing, the Feng Shui Wood element will bring the energy of health, vitality and growth. It is also an expression of abundance, thus an ancient Feng Shui cure for wealth and prosperity.

Wood is the Feng Shui element of the East and Southeast areas of your space.

Wood element is also good to use in the South.

Feng Shui Wood Element Colors are:

Brown

Green

Also water nutures wood.

So the two elements together should be a good combination. However, you may be overdoing it based on other elements in the room or area. Since I am not an expert, I usually go with feel. Do they seem to compliment one another or do you feel like giving that area a wide berth?

• Thank You for your help. I placed it in the SE corner of the living room but not in view of the aquarium, which is in the N. It "feels" better there.

• You are quite welcome and I was happy to help. Now if I could just get myself going on the rearraging of those poor elements in my own home. I recently married and me and my son moved into my husbands home, so we are still trying to mesh to complete households. (while we both work full time and our son is the second grade.) It's slow going and I like to focus on one room at a time but I end up jumping from room to room based on immediate need.

Withthe passing of the holidays (and its prerequisite decorating) I hope to settle down at least long enough to makeover one room for a retreat. Then perhaps I won't feel so out of sorts all the time and can tackle the rest.