FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LOST A CHILD.....

• I just found this Poem and I hope it encourages you guys, quite a few folks have lost a loved one and you, we are not alone.

A Child Of Mine (To All Parents):

I will lend you, for a little time,

A child of mine, He said.

For you to love the while he lives,

And mourn for when he's dead.

It may be six or seven years,

Or twenty-two or three.

But will you, till I call him back,

Take care of him for Me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you,

And should his stay be brief.

You'll have his lovely memories,

As solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay,

Since all from earth return.

But there are lessons taught down there,

I want this child to learn.

I've looked the wide world over,

In search for teachers true.

And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes,

I have selected you.

Now will you give him all your love,

Nor think the labour vain.

Nor hate me when I come

To take him home again?

I fancied that I heard them say,

'Dear Lord, Thy will be done!'

For all the joys Thy child shall bring,

The risk of grief we'll run.

We'll shelter him with tenderness,

We'll love him while we may,

And for the happiness we've known,

Forever grateful stay.

But should the angels call for him,

Much sooner than we've planned.

We'll brave the bitter grief that comes,

And try to understand.

by Edgar Guest

• Thought that was beautiful. 🙂

• bmp

• will have to copy & paste this ..... half way thru started crying. Very beautiful. Thank you.

• God Bless you!

• This post is deleted!

• God Bless you all! I was outside a little while ago and smiled at the sky. Thank You! Back to you!

• bump

• That light is healing! Faith is a hard concept for some. But knowing we are blessed is huge.

• This post is deleted!

• I'm glad.:)

• Your words: "And I free you of worry on me as I didn't mean to hold on" are very brave words. It's ok to hold on to the smiles and the laughs and the dreams that don't make for bitterness. What it's not ok to hold onto is the pain and the trauma and the violation of the way things should have been. You already know this though and you are moving to a safer place now. Memory books are very healing because they allow us to stop thinking in terms of what we lost as we shift to enjoying the gifts we were given. When we seek out fond memories of loved ones lost, we can find someof our own lost smiles and we can laugh once more. (But sometimes we just need to allow ourselves to cry - and that's ok too - even if we only cry the quiet tears that roll down the inside of our heads and give us sore throats from holding our breath without meaning to...) Laurie's children will value the book (and the memories of their mama) that you can create for them. Good Luck and WIshes for Peaceful Calm Laughter

• This post is deleted!

• Beautiful! Peace, light and love.:)

• Dear Zephire,

I am proud of you for trying to heal and I am happy that you found a place where you can share your sadness in safety. The internet has certainly made the world into a tiny town. After surviving the loss of a child it is impossible to see from the same eyes again. May you be blessed with compassionate vision in order to see the innocence in yourself and all who you look upon. One day you will be given a chance to help another - maybe with your words, or a soft smile, or through your ability to feel the weight of their pain without turning away (or offering them a pill). For now, you have the strength of many to hold you up while you learn to walk alone again. Have some sort of fun today. Respectfully, WW

• This post is deleted!

• Thx poetess555

I lost a beloved estranged dearest step-son in 2001.

of everyone, I freaked the most.

Just NO NO NO came out.

I love the first post it made me cry.

• Yes, Zephire, I think I'm about as Pieces as a Pieces can get. It is my pleasure and my pain... 3-15-1961. Smiles, WW

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!