Death of my son

• MY son crossed over on Feb.10th this year. In my grief I am aware of how thankful I am to have had him for 34 yrs. I am thankful for my other 3 wonderful children ,who like he, are kind loving adults. Be thankful for your children, they are the best of you.

• (((((Scottsmom)))))

• Scottsmom, you have my deepest sympathies. hugs

• I am so sorry for your loss. What a loss that truly is. I could never imagine my life without my girls. I'd be lost. You are so right, they are the best of us! They are truly God's gift to us! Again you have my deepest sympathy for your loss.

• The anniversary is coming.... And it hasn't gotten easier. At least it doesn't for me. But you know, I have made it one more year! And my loved ones are moving on with their growth in a place I cannot yet see. But that is ok. The time we shared in this reality can never ever be removed or lost. Love given is never, ever taken away. Energy is never destroyed, it only transforms. Rejoice in your life now and know so much more is to come and remember that your love with your son is at this very moment leading to something wonderful! Brightest Blessings Scott's Mom.

• I'm so sorry for your loss and can't imagine your pain and grief.You are on the right track to healing, recognizing your thankfulness for having him and remembering the wonderful memories that you will always have.He's gone, but waiting in a better place and some day you will re-unite with him.((( Blessings and hugs))).

• It has been two years this past Dec.23rd that my precious 5 year old nephew died very unexpectedly and the holidays have been so difficult for his whole extended family . .myself included! He lived right next door and felt more like a son than a nephew! I don't know how to comfort my brother and sister in law other than to share tears with them! I truly hope that "time will Heal"! My heart and tears of your loss are with you!

• Scotts mom,

I know how your feeling.We lost our 22 yr old son in October to suicide.It was very unexpected since he was not depressive had a great job, and was pretty happy with life.Its been a rough ride.I have chosen to look for all the positive gifts that I am spiritually receiving from his passing over.I hope your looking for all the great signs he is passing to you letting you know he is doing great!

For myself it has been a very unique spiritual journey.I have always had a gift of talking to the souls.With his passing all have been blocked,except him,unless.Thats been a different experience.He did explain it was his time to pass over, and he chose suicide to teach those of us left behind the best spiritual lessons.My son talks alot about whats going on where he is and "babysitting "mom and the rest of the family.His guidance has been awakening so many lost talents.The virtues I have been processing and learning more virtues then ever.I hope that you have been looking at your sons passing the same way positive way.

I know that birthdays and holidays are challenging.The anniversery date has to be hard.We have experienced my babies 23rd birthday, and the holidays.I find that the anticipatiion leading to these days seem to be worse then the day itself.I hope his Angelversey is a gentle and loving day for you and your family.

If you ever need to chat drop me a note.

M

• Your in my prayers Scotts Mom,and I'm sending you many hugs...as I am to all on here that has lost a child..there is no greater pain on this earth...I watched my parents go through it in 81,when my younger brother took his life, The loss of him changed the corse of all of our lives, but the love for him and memories have never wavered. God Bless you all

• Hello Everybody I am new to this forum but I can feel the pain & the feeling of losing someone as I have been through this since the age of 14 yrs.Firstly my father, then my mother,then my lovable aunty and now recently my husband.I know its very very hard to cope with the life & the memories of your loved ones.I can understand this very easily.Even sometimes you just do not want even to yalk to somebody.It seems as if your whole world is lost.The moments spend with them pinch you.But Dear remember that OUR LORDS takes them away quickly to whom he LOVES most.And I think that they are in a better place than us.My heartiest sympathies to you & all your family.GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

• Scotts mom this is just for you I hope it helps .

FOOTPRINTS

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Acrossthe sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonged to him, and the other to the LORD.

when the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it. "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you!d walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I dont understand why when I needed you most would you leave me."

The LORD replied, " My precious , precious child. I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

• Scottsmom,

I am truly sorry for the loss of your Son. I lost my Son two years ago. The grief is

still overwhelming. He died of a drug and alcohol overdose. How do you handle your pain?

I am thankful to have had him for 34 yrs. Thanks for listening.

• Scotts Mom, I feel your pain .My beautiful daughter gave birth to a beautifull baby boy and lost him24 hrs later.Her grief was more than I could stand.I felt as though I was losing both of them.Time can"t heal all but with hard found faith we can. Thoughts,prayers and hugs...

• i understand how hard it is to talk about this-I lost my best friend of 29 yrs to rectal cance on 2/10/07---two yrs and I still hurt sometimes-i cant even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child -you have my deapest sympathy nd prayers

• Scott's Mom (et al.): He was 4 days shy of 16. It was a car accident. What I have learned: No one understands your individual suffering, but many have endured similar loss and can help you with simple things, like polite conversation ("How many children do you have?"). Our loved ones are worth every tear, so cry a river any time you get the urge (grocery store, restaurant, church, public or private - so what!). Our instinct is to talk about our kids, so do it. People are more curious than uncomfortable and it soothes the soul.

• Hello Scottsmom... I lost my daughter at 2 days of age... complications due to the birth.. she was 2 wks overdue.. that was on Feb 19/93.. I believe the hardest time was the first morning home and waking up and realizing she wasn't there.. I found some solace in words.. but it took a long time to "wake up" and really start to enjoy life again.. I was in denial and although I wouldn't drink at work... I did have some very rough days... and then finally I spent a lot of time trying to understand my life and stay positive and I finally have turned around but I know how the sorrow can be buried for many many years only to show itself later...I am very fortunate to have the girlfriends and a lot of very dear coworkers and my children that have always let me know that they were there... I did spend a long time wishing my daughter a good night...until finally someone told me to let them rest in peace we must let them go... even though the pain does deaden over time.. it almost seems as if it was some other person that experience happened to... I think the biggest shock of all was when I started to find out how many others I knew that had gone through the same experience but never broached it until I had gone through it... I know that there is a lot of support ... some don't know what to say... so if you want to talk .. then tell them how you feel and let your sorrow out... its the best way I know how to heal... we love you... xooxox be well...

• It is so ironic that my son Chris also passed on February 10, at age 37, but 9 years ago. My heart goes out to you. The pain will fade with time and become more bearable, but to lose a child changes who you are forever.

Blessings and prayers are with you.

Chris' Mom

• To Scotts mom and family,

To all mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters', cousins, uncles, aunts, grannies and friends who have gone through the passing away of dear ones, all my LOVE & LIGHT...

Yes it is painful, it is hard because with their parting, our materiality does not allow that we connect with them physically.

But you know, they are there, closer to our higher selves, to help us see and be love, increasingly more...

Blessings to all

• To Scott's Mom,

My Soul wants to give YOUR SOUL A HUG!!!! I HOPE YOU FELT THAT!!! YOU REALIZE that Scott's energies have transformed from one to another!!!! He is now LUMINESCENT!!!! HE IS FREE MIND, SPIRIT & SOUL, WAITING FOR THE TIME FOR YOU & HIS SIBLINGS TO MAKE YOUR OWN TRANSFORMATIONS OF PASSING FROM ONE LEVEL OF EXISTENCE ON THIS PLANE OF LIFE TO THE NEXT. I KNOW YOU MISS HIM, I MISS THOSE FRIENDS & LOVED ONES THAT HAVE BEEN RELEASED FROM ME, BUT I KNOW THAT WHEN MY/OUR TIME/S COME, WE WILL ALL BE JOINED/ADJOINED TOGETHER IN THE WONDEROUS, SUBLIME, MOVING MUSICAL, SOMETHING PERHAPS CALLED "STARDUST", OR "MOONLIGHT". MY THOUGHTS, PRAYERS OF PEACE, TRANQUILITY & THE FORCE TO KEEP MOVING ON FOR YOURSELF & OTHERS IN YOUR FAMILY BE YOURS!!!! BLESSINGS, MIRACLES & LOVE ABOUNDS TO YOU, SURROUNDS YOU, FLOWS IN/OUT/AROUND/BACK INTO YOU-BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hello djsgramma:

You let them go and use that pain towards good... change it to a positive... don't keep it in... honour them with your heart and soul... look for the wonderful memories.. release the pain and the sorrow.. realize that he is now in a better place and hurting no more.. live your life in happiness.. I know how hard it is.. but try to go forward with a heart full of happiness for the time you had... I know that I had to realize that my journey in this life was/is not my daughter's journey.. so I must do the best for me..... and know that we are here for you... don't go over the sorrow... go over the happiness you had with him... look for the beauty in each day... and share it with others... and I'll send you out some positive vibes... and do yourself a favour and don't blame his life on yourself.. I had to learn that lesson too.... at the end of the day... you can only control what you do in your life.... you are in my thoughts...be well