Is it okay to be alone right now?

• I broke up with my boyfriend at the end of Sept. He was an emotional and energy drain. He was 9 yrs younger than myself and demanded a lot of my attention. I couldn't take it anymore so I left the relationship abruptly. During this time, I have reevaluated myself, I've asked myself questions, made changes. I've decided in my next relationship I am going to make more demands and not allow certain things to manifest. I'm not going to lose sight of who I am or what I want out of life. My worry is have I become too picky? Will I find the partner I am looking for or have I created something completely unattainable? I've always been the one to give and worry about the other person.

• Good for you! You you are on the right path to finding your soul mate. This guy whom you were with was in your life just to teach you a lesson and that lesson was to get on the right path to finding your soul mate. It is obious that he is not the one. I don't know you but I am proud of you!!

I feel that you should keep the demands you have because those demands are what your soul mate has. When you do find your sould mate you will know it is him because he will have the things that you are looking for. Trust me, god has made someone for you just the way you want. Keep up the faith and don't underestimate your goals of the perfect guy for you because I have a feeling you will find him soon!

Good luck to you! Peace & Love!

• Thank you for your support, those were very beautiful things you wrote and I appreciate them. God bless you

• I don't know how much stock I place in this "soulmate" business, but I do know that it's not a bad thing to know what you want... The clearer of an idea that you have on exactly what you expect, the easier it'll be to weed out the 'bad people' from your life. It's not picky at all to have rules and expectations-- it's simply taking care of yourself.

• I know it's hard to be strong when you have developed a dependence on certain feelings, to help you get by emotionally. I hope that makes sense. I will say this don't worry about thinking you have set goals too unattainable. I thought the same thing when my sister decided to be alone, and refuse to date anyone that didn't measure up to her 10 standards. Not only did she find a man that instilled all the qualities she desired, but she learned about some attributes she didn't even know she liked or wanted in a man. Now they are happily dating, and he treats her like Gold. She thinks he may even be the one. I am not saying this is a garunteed reslut, or you'll drop 10 pounds in a week lol.... but it is hope for us cougars who tried to train a young cub, to be our mighty lion... until we realized only we can rule our own jungle, and no amount of training or guidence, and fill a substitute for yourself. Don't settle. Someone is out there, and they won't settle for less than you either.