The Positivity Challenge

• Dear AliceQ, great idea!

But get this: I was sitting here thinking about Carol Burnett, laughing & thinking about my husband & then the phone rang. Yep, he sounded upbeat, feeling better, and just wanted to touch base. I hung up, still smiling.......maybe just the positive thought of laughter & that energy reached him!!!

Now gotta work on my son!!!!

Blessings to you, AliceQ, with laughter and thanks!

aquajj

• Laughter is definitely the best medicine.

I can't think of a single life situation where negativity and worry makes it any better.

• Feedback after the first 24hours of this challenge:

I'm trying to become more positive whenever I'm not too happy, although I don't have this in my mind all the time.

Last time I went to dance with my friends it was very good, and made me feel like I'm appreciated. This made me very happy. They all also loved when I played guitar and sang some songs(two of them originals) for them. This was a few days ago, but the happiness of being appreciated is still here.

I usually can't just laugh out of nowhere by watching a video, but whenever I feel I'm lonely, or that I can't be loved, I think to myself that I'm not the only person who's feeling like this, and that I'm actually doing a pretty good job learning about spiritual things right now, and that my wishes will come in due time, even if I have to wait for years. This helps me cheer up!

• Good for you, HD. Focus on the positive in your life.

• Try repeating this prayer. It really helps me find peace.

PRAYER OF FORGIVENESS by Yasmin Boland

I forgive positively everything, everyone, every experience, every memory of the past or present that needs forgiveness. I also forgive myself of past mistakes. The Source is Love, and I am forgiven and governed by Universal Love alone. This love is now adjusting my life. Realizing this, I abide in peace.

• aquajj, Thats awesome! Old clips of who's line is it anyway, stand up comedy (Robin Williams, Bill Cosby, George Carlin ect..) can lighten my mood in no time.

It's hard to think negative when you've got a big goofy grin on your face.

HD, I have some younger family members that are very musical. Guitar and vocals, and I can tell you that sitting with someone while listening to them strum the guitar is a very peaceful expierence. Music is magic.

Positive thoughts, my horoscope for tomorrow said work related issues should start to clear up. Smile. I am positivily seeing the interview and the Q&A's before they happen and have my replies mapped out in a positive light in my mind.

• I'm in Captain. It is so important to think positive. It has helped me through many hard times. I don't have any amazing qutoes, I just keep reminding myself that the glass is half full and not half empty.

• This post is deleted!

• Today I am positive about being positive.

• Okay Captain, I've also experienced this before. It works, this time I hadn't planned one it just happened on it's own. For instance I spent Mother's Day at my brother's in N.C. I live in Va. I left my phone charger, and camera cord to load the pictures I took. Now if positivity don't bring it back there is none. I might add that...truly everything I lost comes back if it's meant for me.

Good challenge keep up the good work.

marge

• I just received enough money to cover all my bills and debts so I am loving the positivity that attracts all good things. 🙂

• "We are what we think.

All that we are arises with our thoughts.

With our thoughts we make the world.

Speak or act with an impure mind, and

Trouble will follow you, as the wheel

follows the ox that draws the cart.

We are what we think.

All that we are arises with our thoughts.

With our thoughts we make the world.

Speak or act with a pure mind, and happiness

will follow you as your shadow unshakable.

No. 141 Tsogyal

From Dharmapada, Buddha

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change,

the courage to change the one I can,

and the wisdom to know it's me!

(quote found on etsy-makes me laugh every time)

• Today is the start of something wonderful

• Captain, this is a great thread. What if we've got it backward? Wow there is a thought indeed. I have been very rationally and intentionally been focused on chipping away at my mistakes of the past, trying to right them in some way. Some have called it my "Earl's list", the guy trying to right everything for karma. I've had a horrible struggle in trying mostly to forgive myself for my own misgivings and mistakes of the past. Am I really going about it all backwards? I have been working on being more positive and this forum certainly has played a great role in that. So do I stop trying to fix my list so to speak and somehow start over? Any suggestions?

• RCDreamer, what if you stop trying to repair the past and concentrate on forgiving yourself right now? And begin working for good in the present?

• Five Minutes to Happiness (from the DailyOm website)

Devoting time each day for happiness will change your day and change your brain chemistry.

It can be so easy to get caught up in the rigors of modern life that we tend to forget that happiness need not come with stipulations. Happiness becomes something we must schedule and strive for - a hard-won emotion - and then only when we have no worries to occupy our thoughts.

In reality, overwhelming joy is not the exclusive province of those with unlimited time and no troubles to speak of. Many of the happiest people on earth are also those coping with the most serious challenges. They have learned to make time for those simple yet superb pleasures that can be enjoyed quickly and easily. Cultivating a happy heart takes no more than five minutes. The resultant delight will be neither complex nor complicated, but it will be profound and will serve as a reminder that there is always a reason to smile.

So much that is ecstasy-inducing can be accomplished in five minutes. Alone, we can enjoy an aromatic cup of our favorite tea, take a stroll through the garden we have created, write about the day's events in a journal, doodle while daydreaming, or breathe deeply while we listen to the silence around us. In the company of a good friend or treasured relative, we can share a few silly jokes, enjoy a waltz around the room, play a fast-paced hand of cards, or reconnect through lighthearted conversation. The key is to first identify what makes us dizzyingly happy. If we do only what we believe should bring us contentment, our five minutes will not be particularly satisfying. When we allow ourselves the freedom to do whatever brings us pleasure, five minutes out of 14 wakeful hours can brighten our lives immeasurably.

It is often when we have the least free time or energy to devote to joy that we need to unwind and enjoy ourselves the most. Making happiness a priority will help you find five minutes every day to indulge in the things that inspire elation within you. Eventually, your happiness breaks will become an established part of your routine. If you start by pursuing activities you already enjoy and then gradually think up new and different ways to fill your daily five minutes of happiness, you will never be without something to smile about.

• Captain, so simple and yet so profound. Thanks.

• Ok, so my being positive about life has given me the job contract I wanted (freelance), and a huge tax return. And hubby has another job offer. Keep it up people!

• sounds good, I'm in

• I went to the theatre last night and laughed and laughed. Today will be a good day!