My husband

• Can anyone tell me why my husband never seems happy? He is always negative and complains about everything. We acnnot even watch tv wiyhout him complaining about the people on every show or news progam we watch. He complanis about the neighbors and the kids and anything else that comes into view. So what is his deal? He is becoming very hard to live with. Thanks for the help.

• He sounds really unhappy :0( Is it an attitude (perspective)? Does he exhibit any symptoms of depression? Have you two talked about it? Is he unhappy in his job or your relationship? His life would be so much more fulfilled if he could navigate his perception to see a more positive viewpoint. I wish I could help you, I'm not psychic but I know enough to understand the frustration that goes along with being with someone who is negative all the time. My mom goes on kicks like that on occassion and I always play the devils advocate (she says something negative, I say something positive.). Eventually she stops complaining (at least to me!). I think it's a habitual mindset for the most part (unless there is a chemical or biological issue that feeds it); having said it's a habitual mindset, I have to say that in a way that's good because you can re-train your mindset. Stay positive and have a heart to heart with him.

Thats all I"ve got :0) Good luck!

• I have tried to talk to him but he just gets mad at me. He said he was depressed about his job but he retired last year so I think he may be feeling bad that I am the one working now. He has always been negative in some ways but it has gotten much worse now. I think it may be an infiriorty complex and he never feels good about himself. He says everyone always tells him he is wrong and we just fight about it so I just learn to say nothing and not fight with him.

• I have tried to talk to him but he just gets mad at me. He said he was depressed about his job but he retired last year so I think he may be feeling bad that I am the one working now. He has always been negative in some ways but it has gotten much worse now. I think it may be an infiriorty complex and he never feels good about himself. He says everyone always tells him he is wrong and we just fight about it so I just learn to say nothing and not fight with him.

• sorry that printed twice

• List 15 things you love about him and recite those things over and over to him, hide them on notes around the house, validate his being. I'ts definitely not your job to make him happy but it sounds like he could use some encouragement right now and it doesn't sound as though he is capable of coming up with positive aspects of who he is on his own. Try it for a while and see what happens :0) Good luck hun, hang in there.... Is he open to counseling?