The Enchanted Pond

• Hey Poetic with all the 5's ...

Gratitude is a very powerful thing. So is having a few drinks ... LOL!!!!!

I did want to add a little thing about others problems being worst than our own. I don't believe in scales, comparisons or judgement when it comes to pain / suffering / life problems. I used to get really hung up on the I won't complain etc because somebody is worst off than me ... I used to even feel guilty for feeling bad when I knew others in the world had it much harder than I did. I really used to believe that my pain wasn't real pain because it wasn't as bad as what I perceived someone elses' to be.

However, I now prefer to see things in perspective. All hardship is relative ... each person's bad is that person's bad ... what truly hurts someone is very real for them and it doesn't diminish in comparison to anyone. We each have our "stuff" to get through and what is hard for someone is their hard. Everyone has something to work through whilst here.

Lots of people used to ask me how I coped having 4 children aged 5 and under. They didn't know how I did anything because they couldn't and they only had the one child. Hard for me was 4 kids aged 5 and under, hard for them was one child (or however many they had). Our sense of 'hard' is completely relevant to our unique lives.

This does not diminish the value of anyone's trials rather; it embraces the individual. I feel so anyway. Unless we all experience life the same way, we can only empathise, love and support with all the compassion we hold for eachother's pain filled moments. Our pain is real for us; everyone's is. It is not less than or more than and sometimes, saying we are in pain brings the most wonderful things out of people ... like messages from Spirit and ... their LOVE. Love is the greatest service we can offer each other. It makes the soul feel and performs absolute miracles and sometimes, we need to share our grief so that we can heal.

There is a tremendous lot to be explored on this topic ... so much .. these are only just my thoughts. No absolutes ... just things to sit by the enchanted waters and ponder. I guess we just use our sensitivity and intuition to know when the time is right to listen to others more than we focus on our own stuff ... when others need our love more. It has been my experience that those who have suffered greatly give and give and give to those in need because their soul understands this need.

Within this pond are many like that.

Gratitude? I am grateful to have drawn such souls to mine.

Blessings Be All.

• well said ---Perfection really.

• It's like 1 a.m. and I have been up since 4 a.m. whenever it was but I really want to blow you a kiss and send you an Angel Hug Laie, my lovely lady. I have missed you greatly. You inspire me and you bring peace to my soul.

Thank you and Bless You.

Your Icey x x x

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• My beautiful Quenkath ... Queen of the South!

What a joy hearing from you is! "It Had to be You" is a great choice for you & your man! It is actually a song that says so much and about fate, too ... about being destined to be with someone. Really cute, baybee!

Hey, glad you understood my babble about pain being relative. Sometimes, we need to learn how to open up and share pain and realize that it's ok to feel the way we do. Guilt is a whole other issue, isn't it? That, and regret ... sheesh ... could write encyclopedias about those huh? Anytime you need a friend ... I'll be there!

Yes, I really find the alternative path quite mesmerizing really. Where would I be now? Ummm ... Who would I be with, if anyone? Lots to ponder. I guess here one needs to keep perspective too hey. I mean, if we torture ourselves by always living in the alternative thoughts, then we stop living in our present ones and then, well, we cease to be doing what is meant to be happening and lessons get lost. A healthy balance is helpful. However, it's lovely to take those day-dreams sometimes. Who knows, we may even appreciate the 'now' we're in even more? Awwww ... nah .... day-dreaming is way more fun!

Here's to you, the love you give and the wisdom you hold Queenie Sista of the Loving South Wind.

Hugs,

Icey x

• This post is deleted!

• Amen to that one ... the fantasies definitely work for me, too ... especially the hottie firemen ones and the rippled pool boys and that drinks waiter who mixes a mean cold one!!!!! Ooooo la la how there I am!!!!!!!!!!

Can hear that crystal chinking now!!!!!!!

Cheers my lovely,

Icey x

• This post is deleted!

• How lucky are you??? Gotta get me some of your action me thinks!!!! Wink! Wink!

• Yea, I could use some of that action too, LOL, before I get too old to enjoy it.LOL

• This post is deleted!

• I forgot to tell you that your Avatar picture is gorgeous Sunshine!!!!!

As for the other topic ... really now girls! LOL You can have the pool boys, I'll go play with the firemen!!!!!! ROFL LOL ROFL Be still my heart ....

Luv ya ladies ...

Icey x

• Laie4, loved your post, and LOVED your story about yelling "Stand outside under the oak tree!"...such a good mom story!!! We do have those times...luckily your kids saw through it and you all really enjoyed the moment. We tell stories a lot in our family, and when the spotlight turns on me and things that I have done, it feels a little awkward sometimes...to recognize that I have made a mistake and have been 'seen clearly' by my family. Then, of course, I have to laugh with everyone else....thanks for sharing!

Cactuss

• Wow Laie4, three hours! Thanks for your dedication to communication!! Nice job!

Cactuss