Capricorn Craft Challenge

• The Capricorn Sun signifies a time of year that is all about organization and seeing what systems work in your life, and what systems don't -- in short: out with the old, in with the new! It also falls at the beginning of 2009!

Celebrate the Capricorn influence by reconsidering an outdated or outmoded object in your life, and making something useful from it. Maybe you have a few scratched LP's you'd like to sculpt into fruit bowls; maybe you want to make a chic shelving unit out of old wooden crates. Whatever project you attempt, embrace that Capricorn efficiency (and resourcefulness) to create something new, better and even beautiful!

However you choose to do it, we want to see the before version of the object, and the after. Start cracking on your crafty reinvention, then upload a photo of the finished piece!

Rules:

• Post a photo, scan or upload of your craft, as well as a description of how you made it, from December 22 to January 15 in this forum topic.

• Polling will happen from January 16 to January 21, with live results displayed in the Forums. Each participant may enter only ONE project.

• The lucky winner will be announced on January 22, when the Sun is in Aquarius.

Simply hit "Reply" to enter. Good luck, and happy travels! For more celebration of the Sun in Capricorn, head to the Sun in Capricorn page.

• Admin, was the date a typo or is this challenge extended through February?

• Whoops! Good catch, Lioness. The contest is running while the Sun is in Cap, which of course is only until the 21st of JANUARY, not February.

• Capricornians and those influenced by that sign........where were you??????? Maybe you were just saving up your imaginative creative talents for the Aquarius challenge.....I'll have to control my urge to vote until next month. Ok, you go and get

• those minds a-spinning and thoughts out on paper and I'll go eat a cookie to keep my strength up to vote 😉

(darn you, laptop for submitting before I was ready!)