Need opinions on this Leo...

• I met him(Leo sun-Pisces moon) about 6 years ago (I am Scorp/Sag cusper-Taurus moon). However it was a long distance relationship, although we did meet up about 5 times. I won't go into every little detail, but it was the deepest love that I have ever felt for anyone and I do believe with all my heart that the feelings were mutual.

Fast forward to about 3 years ago and he lost 2 family members within 6 months of each other and he seemed to spiral in a downhill spin and he quit emailing me. I got tired of emailing without getting any response, so I quit emailing him too.

Fast forward again to about 4 months ago and I got 2 emails from his email address which turned out to be embedded with an email virus. After the second one I emailed him and told him I didn't understand the reason for the emails. He replied back saying if I got an email from his address, it was a mistake and that he was sorry. Included in that email he said, 'Lets keep in touch(IF I wanted to).

I have received another email from him as well..just short and sweet, telling me what he has been doing. Still calls me 'dear' in his emails.

I was basically the one who got this relationship off the ground because I am the type that if I want something, I go after it(never did that with a guy before though...LOL)and I am not afraid to tell him that I still have deep feelings for him. But should I? Do Leos rekindle old romances?