Another way to look at the mercury Retrograde

• The increasing popularity and accessibility of astrological information has piqued more curiosity about the phenomenon called Mercury Retrograde.

Because it is a simple and common occurrence, it finds its way easily into pop-astrology columns, where it is laden with dramatic overtones, and it takes on unnecessarily ominous connotations in the public’s mind. The description, here, is intended to de-mystify the phenomenon, thereby putting it to more practical use on the everyday level.

Remember: there is a purpose to every season under heaven, even the “season” of Mercury Retrograde!

Technically speaking, retrogradation is, from earth’s perspective, the apparent backward motion of any planet due to change in its rate of speed. Think: watching IRT Local from a seat on the faster moving IRT Express.

Symbolically, the meaning and purpose of retrograde varies from planet to planet (and yes, they all retrograde), but superficially, they share one thing in common, within 24 hours or so of their retrogrades, when they are said to be stationed….well….that turns out to be one of those “interesting” days.

In the case of Mercury, the most common of all retrogrades (three or four times a year for three or four weeks at a time), we apply this image of “backward motion” to all things of a mercurial theme; that is, communication, organizational and informational systems and devices. And that’s saying a mouthful!

From your own telephone, on up to AT&T, and everything in between – answering machines, snail mail, e-mail, office procedures, commuting and so forth – all of go haywire, a little more than usual, during a Mercury Retrograde IF they are used for advancement, furtherance and overt progress.

So, should you hide under the covers for a few weeks? Well, that depends on who you’re with. No, seriously, of course not!

Go with the symbolism of retrograde; that is, backward, in order to be productive. Turn your gaze to the recent past and ask yourself what to be RE-done. Get it? Re-order, re-structure, re-organize.

Re-group, revise, repair. Regress with a specific task in mind and

go for it!

These can be very fruitful times if you are willing to make the “return trip,” and yes, you can take one literally when travel is concerned. And if you’re worried about air travel under Mercury Retrograde, relax! Mercury “rules” ground transportation, so you’ll have more of a problem getting to the airport than you will getting to the faraway place.

Mercury Retrograde periods 2010-2011:

December 25, 2009, thru January 15, 2010

April 17, 2010, thru May 11, 2010

August 19, 2010, thru September 12, 2010

December 9, 2010, thru December 30, 2010

March 30, 2011, thru April 23, 2011

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Hey!! I think you deserve acknowledgement for "the longest thread"...

here's your prize...

• Oooo please forgive my silliness, I've been like it all day....I think Iv'e gone back to my childhood ways!!...

thats the mercury retro working at it's best!!....BECAUSE ...I'm 58 yrs old...LOL

♥

• AND can you believe I'm so excited , I just found out today that these silly little sweet animations I have stored on my PC actually work when uploaded on Tarot....LOL

(and now I'm really going, I will leave you in peace on your thread, sorry if I messed it up)....lol

hope you have great Day/Night wherever you are...

Denise

♥

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Hi Kathy,

I'm pleased you didn't mind my silliness on your thread earlier...lol....but WOW about the dream!, I hope I didn't give you nightmares!!...the number 4 though...this number was significant to me years ago, I remember working something out with numerology and the number 4 came up as being something good for me at the time, in fact I used to use it on the end of a name on a forum I belonged to, I will have to ponder on this to try and remember why it's popped up again.....if it comes to me what it might mean I will let you know!!...the red heart is now a blue one...I changed it earlier when "playing" searching for animations...lol

I'm in UK, and we are an behind I think?

nice to hear from you too Kathy

much love and joy to you.

Denise

♥

• This post is deleted!

• Hi Kathy,

The heart was still red last night, Thats if you meant the red heart as my avatar? I only changed it to the one I have now earlier today, the blue one, I found that picture earlier and I loved it, so please don't think you saw anything wrong....

I'm really pleased you told me, it must mean something, and because everything happens for a reason I don't believe coincidences, and this what you dreamt could be something I needed to know of and work out....I believe in these things too, I'm convinced it will be something to do with the number 4.....

Glad I didn't give you nightmares though...lol

thanks for the lovely compliment Kathy.

that's right, some will be just getting up to face there day, hope they get good one filled with blessings!!

I look forward to seeing you round the boards Kathy

Denise

♥

• Well I spose looking at it this way. With my partner leaving we have been doing a lot of looking back and seeing where we went wrong.

it's hard when he is with someone else at present but I spose it really does make us look back, revisint why things happened and hopefully stopping them happening again.

It hasn't been rehashing either just looking back and seeing where we went wrong. And trying to see how we can make it go right.

• Hi Kathy,

I just had to tell you this, last night I had to nip out to the shops not to far from me, when I pulled up I noticed the mileage gauge, it was......4444.!!....I swear! I thought my goodness, the number 4 really is relevant for me! it seamed like it was screaming at me now to take notice!!....wish I knew why?...I will just have to be patient, and if I stop trying so hard to remember, and then it will come to me......

Ooo, I just noticed the date 22....= 4, thats what they do in numerology isn't it, they add the digits together to get single one....so, today is 4/4....?? I will see what today might bring!...I will let you know if something great happens 🙂

have wonderful day Kathy.

Denise

♥

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Phew!! Kathy 7 floors!! my oh my you must be so fit....I am grateful I can just open the back door for my little dog...lol, maybe we should exchange homes...I would certainly release all my excess weight then!!....or it would see me off!!...lol

What a lovely thing you said to me...thank you from the bottom of my heart, and you have a wonderful energy about you Kathy....

I for one is SO pleased you did the wonderful long thread!! else we might not have met and get these uplifting chats we have....and not forgetting my message from your dream...I'm still waiting for the number 4 light bulb to come on....but no worries eh"...it will when times right for me to know what it is, I believe you were told to tell me so to be aware and have my eyes open for when the message comes...

Denise

♥

• This post is deleted!