Recipe Rehab Peanut Butter Cookies

• These cookies make a filling snack with the healthy combination of fruits, fiber, and protein and with only 52 calories per cookie; you can go ahead and eat two at a time!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Smart Balance 50 percent butter blend

1/4 cup mashed banana (about 1/2 banana)

1/2 cup natural peanut butter

1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend

1 egg

2 tablespoons non-fat milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

3/4 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 cup white flour

1/2 cup wheat germ

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

Instructions:

1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease two baking sheets.

2. Cream together butter, banana, peanut butter and sugar. Gradually add the egg, milk and vanilla.

3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, wheat germ, soda, and salt. Add to the sugar mixture.

4. Using a teaspoon shape the batter into balls. Place on the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes until the bottom starts to brown.

Makes: About three dozen cookies.

Nutrition Content (per cookie):52 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 5 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein, 79 mg sodium

• Sandran712,

ALWAYS have 2 At A Time

One for each hand !

Laie

• Laie>>Sandran712,

ALWAYS have 2 At A Time

One for each hand !

Laie

Sandran712>>I think I may try this recipe.It's worth it to cut back on the calories.I got it on AOL

That saying reminds me of Garth Brooks 2 pina coladas.Set Sail with Captain Morgan and we'll never leave dry land...LOL

• Sandran712

LOL ! Hmmn, pina colada ....... might need something to wash the cookies down with, LOL !

The recipe looks delicious! Thanks!

I'd want to toss in a bit of coco --- coco, p.butter & banana --- Yummy!

• Laie>>I'd want to toss in a bit of coco --- coco, p.butter & banana --- Yummy!

Sandran712>>OMG woman!..It's a cookie not a fruit salad...Don't forget the pineapple and coconut...LMAO