WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?

• You can change anything to suit? πŸ™‚

• Poetic re: daughter in high school, sure hope it works out better for you than it did us. Man talk about a deja vu, been there, done that exactly with my daughter. She was one credit shy of completing her senior year. I'd had it with all the drama and chaos, she wasn't going, they were going to fail her. The alternative school option seemed to make sense so I did it, reluctantly. Here it is 6 years later and if God is willing she will finally get her GED in June after going back at least 5 times over the years, each time dropping out over a guy or "stuff" with a guy. Not trying to be negative, you are absolutely right we are definitely all going through something with these daughters of ours. Wishing you & yours the best and better than it worked out for us.

• Poetic, loved the prayer for the children. Yes getting out definitely made a difference. Still feeling not quite myself but on the mend. Glad to hear the dream thing isn't just me. That is funny you woke up talking to God and can't remember the answers. I love that. I woke up last night and sat straight up in bed and said "Yes, come in"....but no one was there........kind of made for a less than restful rest of the night. I have the dream journal and pen(s) next to the bed just have not been remembering things. Like you said if it's important we'll remember, maybe we are just working on dumb stuff in our sleep and it's not really important at this juncture.

Have a great day. And you too Sylvannah, kids get the better of us but we cannot let them win.

• I just found this and wanted to share.

A Thanksgiving Prayer

Oh God, when I have food, help me to remember the hungry; When I have work, help me to remember the jobless; When I have a warm home, help me to remember the homeless; When I am without pain, help me to remember those who suffer; And remembering, help me to destroy my complacency and bestir my compassion. Make me concerned enough to help, by word and deed, those who cry out for what we take for granted.

By Samuel F. Pugh

• RC, I'm not giving her 5 years, she has 6 months, I'm going to be on her you no what like grass! No, no, no, no! (Smile). My patience is wearing thin. I asked her to write down some goals for short term and long term, she didn't know what to write, how sad is that. These kids are graduating and know nothing, they just teach them to pass standardized tests.

"Today is going to be a great day anyway."

• Good for you Poetic, my issue was the kid turned 18 just about two months after pulling her out. She was supposed to go to alternative and still graduate with or ahead of her own class since she only needed the one class to finish. But you know mom knows nothing, now I'm an adult....blah blah blah blah.....here it is 6 years later almost and she is finally finishing. Hey I'm not knocking that but I gave up the fight a long time ago. Stick to your guns and don't let her let herself down. Maybe then she won't end up like mine has been. I still hope for change but I'm smart enough not to wait for it anymore.

Loved the quote today by the way, awesome thanksgiving prayer.

• The mother's curse truly does work and you always get worse. Rmember when your mom said " I hope that one day you have a child JUST LIKE YOU!" I was blesed with 3 lol but they are usually worse than you were. They are actually a payback from your mom. Somewhere she is sitting back and smiling cause the grief she is giving you, remembering the grief you gave her. lol

• Sylvannah I'd have to say you are right but I don't ever remember being even remotely close to this bad with my mom, if I had been I surely would have no teeth today. Maybe she is more like her dad when he was younger.

LOL

• This post is deleted!

• Zephire that is beautiful! Hey Sylvannah & RC, I told her that once, that one day she would have children and they would be worse than her, she said, well you must have given your mother ----! But you are right, I never talked back, i might hummed and you couldn't slam a door, you were not paying rent.

"Motherhood brings as much joy as ever, but it still brings boredom, exhaustion, and sorrow too. Nothing else ever will make you as happy or as sad, as proud or as tired, for nothing is quite as hard as helping a person develop his own individuality especially while you struggle to keep your own". -Marguerite Kelly and Elia Parsons

• "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.

-- Oprah Winfrey

I'm thankful for you guys because we help one another to realize that we are not alone in our struggles and that these struggles have been going on for centuries! "This too shall pass! πŸ™‚

• Thanks, poetic555! I'm thankful for all of you here reinforcing and uplifting our common bond of humanity with your love and compassion. And this morning I'm thankful for a beautiful day and for an out-of-the-blue extension of a project deadline I was struggling to meet. Wow--thanks for this little gift that gives me space to breathe and enjoy instead of worry and fret, universe!

• This post is deleted!

• I'm happy for you gracefuldaises! We all can use a break. I like that Zephire, so true.

OK, Today I'm thankful for love because love is what will heal us as a people, nation, world.

Let your love light shine, it covercomes all evil in the world! πŸ™‚

• I love you guys and all you do and say to lift me up when times are tough. You're the best!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Zephire, Twin soul answered you under her post.

• RC, still praying for you dearie! "Good times are ahead."

• This post is deleted!