• my thanksgivings:

my family's health

employment

shelter/transportation/food to sustain us

for the beautiful spring

for my angels whispersof kindnessand direction

for the openmindedness of this fellowship

for hope

• I am thankful that I am never truly alone and that I am always taken care of; that my prayers that aren't answered are blessings in disguise; that my mistakes are lessons for growth; that my intuition is my best compass; that my worst sorrows create compassion, strength and the gifts that I can share with others...

• Wow that is so beautiful! Archersbow, I am hopeful that one day I can remember that all my prayers that are not answered when I want them to be are blessings in disguise, "He never fails Me." Aquablu how blessed you are.

"Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a Present." Thats why it's called a present. Boy a lot can change from one day to the next. I was down yesterday until I read a scripture that said when things don't go your way you have to keep on smiling in order to keep receiving your blessings, (In so many words). I swear as soon as my attitude changed wonderful things happened. Whew!

• I am thankful for.... the time that I have been given to be with my man.

I am thankful for.... my friends and family back home.

I am thankful for.... a stable job, even if sometimes I believe it sucks.

I am thankful for.... God answering my question, 'where's the difference?"

• I'm thankful for my health and my wealth, that I have my farm, my job, my family and friends. I have a good life and a good future. I'm thankful that I was given the support I needed to find the strength to make changes in my life last year that have been needed for a long time and I'm thankful for a wonderful little bit of conversation I had today. Life is good.

• Everyone has shared so many wonderful things to be grateful for and I can only say Ditto to all. I have to say that I am grateful for the many things that have been listed. Additionally,

I am grateful that the trials in my life have turned out to be my biggest blessings.

I am grateful that the universe guides me to places and people that I need when I am down. (That being this place for one!)

I am grateful that I now know that I have intuition and I can use it and not second guess it.

I am grateful that everything is exactly the way it is suppose to be.

I am grateful that I can trust that all my needs will be taken care of and that there is no fear about my future....which when I came here was not the case....at all.

I am grateful that every day I learn something that will not only benefit me but that I can share with others to help them.

Thanks for being here.

• Well, I am thankful for- This latest chance I have been given. To have the strength and the courage to change the things I had to change.For my daughters health! For my dogs. For all the knowledge that I have. The ability to share my knowledge. For my health. (it's not the best but it's not the worst eithr. For positive influences for my dauhter. I'm sure, to be cont...I have so much to be thankful for I couldn't possibly list them all here.I am thankful for my children (even though it doesn't seem that way)Everyday I have something new to be thankful for. But I am most thankful for, the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for me thousands of years before I even existed, I am thankful for a beautiful day and thankful for the rain. I am thankful to God for my existence. God created all so I am thankful for him!

• I'm thankful this site has brought us all together.

• Today I give thanks for the Lord making a way out of no way.

I'm still standing, even though I may have fallen in the past.

I'm thankful that I have sound mind and body (although not perfect).

I'm thankful that I still have so much to learn in life and that it's never too late.

I'm thankful for the wonderful people on this site who have such encouraging words to share.

I'm thankful that even though the world is so huge, we are just a village of neighbors. 🙂

"Be Happy"

• What beautiful sentiments everyone, thanks for sharing them, such good reminders of what really matters. We're all like clay being molded by each touch. Who knows if we'll look like a masterpiece in the end but the journey to get there will be an experience we'll never forget.

• And Chocolate.

• I'm thankful today that I can be a blessing to someone else.

• You always are poetic, never doubt that.

• A 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud man, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with his hair fashionably combed and shaved perfectly, even though he is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today.

His wife of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary. After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, he smiled sweetly when told his room was ready.

As he maneuvered his walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of his tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on his window. "I love it,"he stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with a new puppy.

"Mr. Jones, you haven't seen the room; just wait."

"That doesn't have anything to do with it," he replied. "Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged ... it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it. It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open, I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away."

Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you've put in. So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories!

Thank you for your part in filling my Memory Bank. I am still depositing.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred.

2. Free your mind from worries.

3. Live simply.

4. Give more.

5. Expect less.

--Author Unknown

• That's beautiful! I'm thankful today that I have an open mind in spite of any dogma's or programming I may have had in the past. I'm thankful for all the opportunities in this Universe and others! "Today is going to be a great day." 🙂

• Today, I am thankful for the beautiful day that the lord provided me. I am thankful for my health and that of my daughters. I am thankful for having my mind free of worries and my heart is happy. I am blessed with each passing day. I am going to share a story with you that Hans gave me yesterday. I think it is kind of fittting.

• A man who was frightened of dentists delayed seeing one until he only had six teeth left in his mouth.

The dentist examined him and said, “These teeth are finished. Let me pull them out. Let me do root canal work and all those other things I do, and you’ll have a complete new set of choppers in your mouth. Beautiful you’ll look, and chewing problems you’ll no longer have.”

The man was dubious. “I’m a physical coward, Doctor. I can’t stand pain.”

“Who said anything about pain? I’m a painless dentist!”

“You say it, but how do I know if it’s true?”

“Not to worry,” the dentist said. “I did a job exactly like this for another man. I’ll give you his name and you can phone him right now. Ask if I caused him any pain.”

So the man telephoned George Kaplan in Brooklyn.

“Mr. Kaplan,” he said, “my name is Al Goldstein. You don’t know me, but I’m in the office of your dentist and he says he did a big job on your teeth. Is that correct?”

“Correct it is,” Kaplan agreed.

“Okay,” said Goldstein. “Now I want you to tell me the honest truth. Did it hurt? Tell me, yes or no?”

“A yes or no I can’t give you,” said Kaplan. “But I can give you a for instance. Every Sunday I go rowing in Prospect Park.”

“So?” said Goldstein.

“So,” said Kaplan, “our dentist finished with me in December. Now it’s June and it’s Sunday, and as usual I’m in my rowboat on the Prospect Park Lake. Suddenly, one of the oars slips away. When I reach over to grab it, my balls get caught in the oarlock. Would you believe it, Mr. Goldstein, it was the first time in six months that my teeth didn’t hurt!”

• Archer - loved that story thank you so much for sharing it. It made me think back to when I heard my kid was expecting a kid of her own. I hadn't thought of that day in so long and yet you reminded me I decided in the gasping for air of how to react that I was going to love that child and I do. We have a wonderful bond. Isn't it great we are blessed with the opportunity to just decide to have things be wonderful, if only we choose to accept them that way. That's awesome! Thank you. Thanks for that reminder.

RC

• I remember all 3 of my chidrens births but I don't know how thrilled I will be for grandchildren. I guess that really all depends on the circumstances. I know I am not raising any more children after the age of 8. I am only expecting 1 out of 3 to have a good circumstance but even that one is iffy. When my daughter turns 12, I will give her a birth control pill every morning and tell her it's a vitamin. lol If I hear those 2 words before she is 18, I'll probably kill her. lolI'll just cross that bridge when I come to it. There still might be hope for her. Just one day at a time. That is something new I am doing. Dealing with the short term instead of the long term. See how that works for me. LOL