Is it Worth it?

• So, I did a reading about a guy I'm seeing we are not "boyfriend and girlfriend" but we have been seeing each other for about a year now. We have had MAJOR ups and downs in that year but all in all I am in love with him. I did a reading and I have my interprutation but i am kind of new at this so I'd like some other opinions if possible. I did a simple 4 card reading 1=Past, 2=Present, 3=Future, 4= Outcome..... What do you think?

1 - The Lovers

2 - The Queen of Swords

3 -Three of Wands

4 - The Devil

• Dear Madame Butterfly

I had the urget to post what I was feeling,I don't know if it will be of any help,but I hope it makes some sense?

In the past,it seems like you may have been involved in a love triangle,I feel maybe you were hurt by this...was it something to do with the person you were with and a third party?Either that,or a choice was made between two lovers that you possibly could've had and ultimately that has contributed to this person you refer to now?

The queen of swords,at her best is witty,truthful and rather bold she is the voice of clarity,issues are presenting themselves to you,where the queen of swords is concerned,there will be things between you and this person that will surface,where you may even turn 'cold' towards him.'Truth's that will come to light' will bring you the clarity that you need regarding this possible relationship.

Three of wands is positive in the sense that something you were building towards,will now be completed,but once at the top,you must keep steady with it to remain that way.

There seems to be a lot of passion in this relationship,but it seems that it could be rather addictive and not in a healthy sense,which is represented by the devil.

The devil isn't a bad card,but it could represent that this relationship is centered around a strong and passionate lust that you could feel bound to.

• xMermaidiax, THANK YOU!!!! Thank you SO MUCH....

You just don't understand HOW ON POINT you are!!! I am trembling right now responding to you because you are so accurate!!!!

I have never felt this passionately about a person before, recently there was an issue with "another female" that turned me a little cold to him but not totally becuase we do not have a "title" but I STILL love him, i still want to be with him. WOW.... just WOW i'm tearing up LOL

I was apprehensive about posting at first because i was afraid someone was going to see the total opposite or have a totally different view then me. But everything you said is what i thought!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

• Please,there is no need to thank me =D But,You are more than welcome,you have made me feel validated just by saying that i was on the mark with somethings,I kept getting the feelings as I was interpreting it for you and thought,i'm going to post whatever comes to me and hope it helps you 😃

• WOW....what a great confirmation. I only want to mention that I have done past, present, future spreads before but I didn't know you could add a fourth card for outcome. I always thought the future card was the outcome. Thank you for posting this. I will have to try that one!

Good luck on your relationship.

Blessings....

• Hello mme Butterfly,

I don't know if you would like any other interpretations or anything to add to Mermaid's reading, but if so I have a little more for you. Just let me know and i will post a reply.

Warm wishes to both you and Mermaid

Love

Shannon

• Hi Shannon,

Please share your thoughts I would love to know what others think! Thanks!! 😄

• xMermaidax......

I purposely left out a lot of details of what was going on in my original question but some kind of way through what you were feeling you were able to see EVERYthing that was going on!!! Totally amazing 🙂 Thank you for going with your feelings and posting. I am very new to the tarot and to me its exciting because you were able to see that, and it is also another confirmation that WE REALLY DO have spirit guides guiding us through this life and that makes me feel all bubbly inside 🙂

• Hi Aunt Buck,

From where I learned the tarot it says that there are traditional spreads like the 3 card one but that you can also create your own spreads. 🙂 I learned the 4 card spread from a friend and that is the one i use on a normal basis

• Hello again,

I will not have time later in the day to send this, so I thought I'd better post it now as it was likely you would want some more info if available (we all do!!)

I hope it is helpful and would be grateful for any feedback.

1 – Past -The Lovers

As it has already been established that this is a relationship reading, this card is certainly indicating you falling in love, and there are strong sexual connotations with this card. This is not distant past, but anything up to about a year ago. It is a card predominantly of emotions, which seems to imply that nothing but good can come of this union, however, this is a dualistic card in many respects and there is always the potential for an unhappy ending despite the best of beginnings. Several months down the line you would be facing a decision you have to make regarding morality and trust as well and love and emotion. In some decks the Lovers shows a man torn between two women - a virgin and a temptress, which is why I also see Mermaid’s triangle situation with the involvement or complication of another woman in your relationship.

2 – Present -The Queen of Swords

Sometimes in a reading, (as I feel here) this card has turned up to indicate you in a particular phase of your life, where you have temporarily become a Sword as a result of what is happening to her.

(I do not know if by birthsign or temperament you are normally represented as a Queen of Swords, but the astrological signs that come under the suit of Swords are the Air signs of Libra, Gemini and Aquarius, although Virgo is directly linked to this Queen. The season linked to the suit of Swords is Springtime, although for the Queen of Swords, Autumn is also indicated. If I were asked to date this however I would use the numerical value indicated for this card which is 4 and go with springtime, April, so it means we are talking about things that are going on right now )

Queens are associated with feelings, relationships and emotion. Swords can represent challenges or difficulties. They are concerned with justice and truth but are also associated with states that lead to disharmony and unhappiness. The Queen of Swords indicates some questions you may be (or perhaps should be) asking yourself right now such as ‘’Have you really understood what is going on here” and more importantly “Are you being completely honest with yourself, or allowing yourself to be taken in? “ The key words here are clarity, truth, assurance and uncertainty and the advice is to get your affairs in order and set about organising your thoughts.

3 –Future-Three of Wands

The planetary/zodiac correspondence for the 3 of Wands is the Sun in Aries, which is March 21st through April 20th, so I believe we are talking about very immediate future here. The suit of Wands elemental ruler is fire. Fire signs (Leo, Aries & Sagittarius) are all about progress, the beginning of whatever the will desires. This card indicates that you need to stand back and assess your present situation calmly – look at the big picture. This is the card of "waiting for the ships to come in". You have invested your passion in this relationship, and now something is coming back. It is a card of progress, of the first hint that the dream can be made real. You will get confirmation that you are on the right path, but again, I agree with Mermaid that it is very important you remain steady if this progress is to continue.

4 – Final Outcome -The Devil

When? - is probably on your mind. The Devil represents number 15 (1 + 5 = 6), so I would say soon, in June, or within 6 months from now at the latest.

The Devil can be a good omen when relating to commitment, and can be a sign that you are gaining control, or at least awareness of your weakness or addictions (in this case I would defiantly say lust) for this man. However, often this card lets you know that you are caught in an unhealthy, unproductive situation. You may be in the dark about something - ignorant of the truth and its implications. The Devil is a card of asking hard questions and having the courage to do the right thing when you find the answers.

Good luck and I wish you all the very best with your relationship

Love

Shannon

• @ Shannon…. First….My mouth is hanging open right now I’m freaked out in a good way 😄

1 – Yes, this relationship (which started a year ago in June) was basically BASED on passion/lust. I didn’t think that I would actually fall in love with him because that is a hard thing for me to do but yes, I am in love with him so that is dead on! The complication with the other female is accurate as well, we never established ourselves as a couple and he started seeing some woman…….. that ended DRASTICALLY… he didn’t want me to find out but I did in a BAD way!

2 – You are so right… normally I am a very loving, caring giving person and not normally represented by the Queen of swords….. but like you said because of this situation I have (temporarily) become a little hardened. and WOW…. Shannon… THE INCIDENT WITH THE FEMALE HAPPENED LAST WEEKEND!!!!! So you are right again, these are things happening NOW. WOW….. He took the time to explain the situation with the other female to me but you are right I have been asking myself “have I really understood the depth of their relationship” Which leads back to the topic of this thread… Is it worth it? WoW……

3 – I AM A SAGITTARIUS!!! When I first met this person I was looking for my KING, my potential mate…. he wasn’t…. he was looking for fun and to have a good time but that was never discussed. I told him I loved him last October to which he told me he loved me as well but wasn’t IN love with me, my feelings toward him have never changed. Maybe his have grown? wow.

4 – I got scared when I saw this card… I KNOW that I have an unhealthy lust/addiction/craving or whatever you want to call it for this person. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever felt this way about anyone in my life (I’m in my early 30’s) and I don’t say “I love you” easily at all! And I was in the dark… for a few months apparently about the other female until she busted in his house with me there threatening and hitting him!!!! Now that I know about her…..I STILL feel the same!

So in your opinion from what you know and from what you feel do you think its worth sticking around? I WANT to…. but…. sigh it is just hard!!!

And Shannon…..

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! YOU WERE VERY ON POINT AS WELL!!! 😄 I really appreciate you taking the time out for this, you have actually helped me to understand the card meanings a lot better and have opened a new interest in me for numerology!

• Hello there, and thanks so much for the feedback. I am only just getting the confidence to post on this site, and knowing that I can possibly be a channel to help someone get their thoughts together is a great boost for me. I was given my cards over 20 years ago, and they have always been very accurate, but only this past year have I taken up the study of the tarot seriously.

I personally can not give you any advice on what to do or where to go with this relationship, but I can explain a little further of what I think the Devil card means here. You know how Dionne Warwick sings “out of those chains, those chains that bind you” in ‘I’ll never fall in love again’? Well, I think that just about sums it up. Those chains are only there of your own making, and it is not perhaps the man that you need to think about giving up, but your own self-imposed bondage to him. A majority of men like to chase a little and have a tendency to take for granted what they know they can get without doing any work for. I don’t think you need a dramatic break up, but I do think you need a major re-think about those chains.

Hope this is helpful

Love Shannon

• Shannon, evertthing you said is what I have been thinking, thank you so much. It's funny because i was reluctant to post and you were reluctant to respond and we both ended up helping each other in some way :-D!!!

I am going to reevaluate those chains 🙂