What is an old soul?

• Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what you all think an old soul is? I have been told many times that I am an old soul. When I was talking to a friend she said "Mare if you are an old soul that means you havent learned your lessons" So that got me thinking is that true? Now I am trying to figure out what it is that I havent learned lol. So I would love to hear what everyone here thinks.

• The particular life challenges and destined events that are the hallmark of being an old soul...

If you're an old soul you will undoubtedly be giving, caring loving and compassionate - all wonderful attributes that we are taught are the signs of a developed person who cares for others, and the actions that we take that may affect others.

The key signs of an old soul

· Giving and caring often putting others first

· Had a difficult romantic life often with much pain and disappointment

· More than likely had a soulmate relationship

· Things just seem to happen to you and around you, often becoming very dramatic through the seemingly extreme reactions of others

· Events repeat themselves

· Have trouble connecting with your family

· Somehow know you're different

· Have some psychic intuition and 'just knowing' things

· Find that you have deeper emotions and passions than most people

· People have extreme reactions to you - some just adore you and some seem to really dislike you yet you behave the same to everyone

· Have an inner creative passion

· Suffer lots of jealousy

· Often perceived wrongly

· Feel your don't have much free will, like your life is being controlled by some outside force

· Often feel 'stuck' like events just keep on happening to you time after time

All of us can relate to some of these characteristics and events at some time in our lives however the 'old souls' amongst us will shout "Yes that's me !"

and immediately understand and relate.

In contrast, we have all met the 'young souls' the ones who profess to be giving and caring and often seem to seek us out, but who never really give, just take, and who then commit the most insensitive and often cruel acts but seem to have no understanding of what they've done or any sign of remorse whatsoever. In fact they can often go to such extremes to get very aggressive when we point out their actions and the effect that they've had on us..

Life IS GOOD...

C...

• Oh wow... Yes yes yes.... I indeed am an old soul. My young son is an old soul.. He is so spirtiual.

• Interesting....how does your soul match up with your life path? The higher your life path the older your soul? I'm on Lifepath 8 and many of those characteristics up there definitely describe me. Most actually. Does anyone know anything about this?

• Hello Gemtwin52, Wow I didnt expect an answer so quickly lol I just posted this a few minutes ago.

Thank you for responding. Some of the things you wrote are so, so true about me.

Giving and caring often putting others first

Things just seem to happen to you and around you, often becoming very dramatic through the seemingly extreme reactions of others

There are a few people I know who have so much drama in their lives. I try to stay away from the drama lol I just watch with amusement.

Somehow know you're different

· Have some psychic intuition and 'just knowing' things

· Find that you have deeper emotions and passions than most people

This really stood out for me. I hate injustice. And I feel very deeply and I am sometimes way to sensitive. I hate to hear about anyone suffering and often have to detach myself from feelings.

People have extreme reactions to you - some just adore you and some seem to really dislike you yet you behave the same to everyone

I have to say believe it or not, most people adore me lol. I seem to be very loved by many people. I can often tell who is phony or not.

Have an inner creative passion

I have to say jealousy is not one of my things so I was a little surprised to see this here. I am a very giving person and I love to make others happy sometimes often putting myself last. I am trying to work on putting myself first more. I have a hard time doing this.

Could be some of the things you wrote here are from a few past lives?

In this life I am very close with my family. Maybe this was one of the things I learned from past lives. I believe theres some karma being fixed in this life. I was told I had 177 past lives. Thats a lot of past lives lol.

In this life I have been married 28 years on April fools day lol . We really fooled everyone. Not that it was easy. We have been through many challenges and I believe there might even be more ahead of us. Not with us but just with life in general.

Often feel 'stuck' like events just keep on happening to you time after time

This seems to be related to our financial situation. One year we are doing great and the next year is rough. Thats what happens when your husband is in the construction business.

I am so glad I put this post here. Now I understand better. Thank you again.

Love and Light

Mare

• I couldn't tell you...i just know the lessons become clearer the older I get. Having a true appreciation for getting there. I have so much to share with "young" souls AND perhaps that is what we must do!

C...

• AuntBuck,

Thats another great question. Now I need to find out what my life path number is lol.

• EarthAngel48....i TOTALLY relate, but Ohhhhhh how grand it can be!!!

• Yes GemTwin I agree with you we really need to teach these young souls. I think my 22 year old daughter might be a young soul. I am working on her lol. She is a hand ful. She definitley has added some karma to her life.

• I just have to say I am so glad I found this forum. Everyone here is so sweet and I am making some friends. I have very few spiritual friends in my life and I finally found many spiritual cyberspace friends lol. I am also learning by reading some of the threads here. Angelreader has been a blessing to my life and I am getting to know the Captain.

I am taking a few classes this year to help me with my abilities. The Captain opened me up to what one of my abilities are. I am also taking an angel course and I am learning how to connect with my angels.

Even though many of us have abilities it is not so easy to pick up on certain things we are trying to find out about ourselves. This forum is really great for helping each other.

Hopefuly when I finish my classes I can help everyone here who has helped me.

Love and Light to all

Mare

• Remember playing hopscotch, jumping rope (double dutch), red rover, dodge ball, jacks...roller skates that fit on your shoes, a key to adjust them. We remember..the good 'ol days...flying kites?

I have 3...still like swinging, sitting on a teeter-totter and climbing tree's. Am 58, out spoken and opinionated (Gemini)...but I am am kind and compassionate, willing to teach, willing to learn.

These are the best times of my life..

C.....

• Group effort is a wonderful thing, as each of us have something to contribute...

Make yourself at home Angel.

C.....

• GemTwin52,

LOL you forgot kickball and handball at the park. I was soooo bad at double dutch. But you just reminded me of some great memories. I am 48 and grateful to have a granddaughter to swing with on the swings. I remember climbing the cherry tree at grandmas house. I used to get in trouble all the time for that but the sweetest cherries where way up top lol and there were so many branches it was like a ladder for me. I miss that. My grandparents also had a grapevine and the vines grew around what they had was like a monkey bar but the grapes were horrible. Sigh....... the good old days. Thank you Twin for reminding me.

Mare

• bump

• bump

• bump

• bump

• bump

• bump

• bump