Curses... foiled again. Or just for a while? Or for life?

• Hi LibrasLair,

Yes, we totally agree with you. We also mentioned on how you can avoid being cursed etc etc. It is not simple as it is. As I have said in my earlier post, sometimes words from others or parents for example, can be a curse if repeated ( which is why we have the saying - don't say it unless you really mean it). Which is why I think you should read all the posts in here, to avoid any misunderstandings 🙂

As for myself, I am against all the evil deeds but I am open in discussing about it and share my point of view. That is the only way we can learn from one another.

• Hello LibrasLair,

Nice post, you shared your thoughts, and why. Perfect. And the point you make of bad karma coming to those who use tools to try to harm others, is one you will see anyone who is in touch with the good, and works to do good make explicitly. Great point, anytime it is made.

Emergence,

You really illustrated a point I was trying to make, a generation between you and your Great-grandmother dropped trying to connect, and now you may very well have some gift, and lack the guidance that you should have had. It is to be used in a specific way, and certain things are not to be done. Also, as you made clear, these tools rely on God and God's agents, and people confuse all of this, and toy with things that are the work of the otherside, because "that stuff is magic too", and it will "get me what I want", and "that is what magic is about". Awful situation. In Catholic tradition, it is misunderstood that the faithful worship Saints, they do not, they pray to them to intercede with God for them (on the prayer's behalf). I realize mentioning Catholicism here makes many people go "huh?", but it is very ritual based. And across the spectrum of all peoples practices, what people use these different tools for, no matter the form, is to communicate with God and God's agents for guidance, and/or to petition for mercy, or at the very least to ask for the strength to get threw whatever situation.

• Dear Brian and Emergence,

I have loved reading what you have posted thus far on this thread. I am new in my spiritual awakening and I have asked questions regarding curses and evil spirits on other sites but nobody ever seemed to want to acknowledge that such things could even exist. I have had dreams where an evil spirit along with the spirit of my ex-husband had been trying to choke me to death. I was told this was just an episode of sleep paralysis but I don't think so. Unfortunately my ex-husband is evil at times as I have witnessed his evil thoughts and wishes on myself, our kids, his family, friends, acquaintances etc.. and anyone who he feels has not given him what he wants or has not acted the way he wanted them to. He claims to have a "genie" whom he speaks with all of the time and who can give him anything he wants. There have been many times when he has told me straight out that he has cursed me and there were sometimes when I believed it and then I tried to just let it not bother me. A Psychic once told me also in a numerology reading that I had 6 "sixes" around me (more than they had ever seen around anyone) but my center was God and my four children were my strength and if God were not my center I would be in big trouble. Wasn't really sure if this was all true at the time but due to the tremendous amount of bad luck I have had in my life I thought maybe there was a possibility of it being true.

So my question to you is do you know of anyway a person can confirm if they have been cursed by someone and that is really the reason for all of the bad luck in their life? I am a very positive person most of the time and am always trying to show my friends and family the brighter side of things and I believe this attitude has also allowed me to continue to push forward despite all of the negativity that has been thrown at me in my life thus far.

XOXOXO 333Tanya

• 333Tanya,

Aside from being a topic or discussion, their is the very serious aspect of someone in your position, and what do they do if they think they are cursed? I hope that there are insights on this topic thread that help you out in that manner.

As Emergence has shared with us, her Great-grandmother was someone in the town that people came to for guidance, or help on matters like this. Nowadays, there are plenty of people who say they do such things, but you have to search pretty hard to find a legitimate one.

As many have written on these various forums, part of the problem you have is with the control your ex-husband exerts over you generally, and sadly in some way in every aspect of your life. To undo that, you have to unlearn that. Each person has a way that is better suited for them to go about this. It could be prayer, meditation, repeating positive thoughts, professional counseling, or something else. That is the first part of undoing this "curse", and it may be the only thing that need be done to address it. His power over you taken away, may nullify any negative influence he can have.

If there is something more that need be done, then I hope that this thread has some suggestions for you, some guidance, or some leads to follow.

If you are a discerning individual, one who will truly will evaluate subjects on matters of this nature, then there is a radio program on late at night, probably has a website too, it is called "Coast To Coast AM". It has on everything from Priests that have done exorcisms, conspiracy theorists, numerologists, psychics, Bigfoot searchers, and even various people who say they remove curses. The women that are the real life inspirations for the TV shows "The Ghost Whisper", and "Medium" have been guests various times. It is more entertainment than anything, but may give you some ideas also, as most of the people interviewed on the show have written books. Remember to be a critical thinker though, if you explore what is on the show, otherwise it will be nothing than a late night infomercial. There are phonies, and not every approach is right for everybody when the people are legitimate.

No matter what, it is important for you to find ways to combat this negative influence, and if it is more than just that, to remove it from your life permanently. It is no way to think, or live.

• Dear Brian,

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative response. I appreciate it and I will explore your suggestions.

• 333Tanya,

You are most welcome. Aside from the discussion, which is a now thing, the subject thread is here for people who may feel they are "cursed", and to give some insights, or suggestions to them, which is a longer term thing (as long as this thread stays up).

So more thoughts for you...

And I am all for positive thinking, in fact it is a must, but sometimes people need more than a suggestion, an amulet, or a good book. Sometimes they may need to get professional help to untie all the knots made from years of abuse, that many times goes back to early childhood, and it has to be unlearned (abuse is not love and respect; being treated mean is not affection). Mind you, professional counseling can be messy, and takes awhile; basically it can be very hard.

Most people want the "magic pill" to make it all go away, and so they turn to getting a "curse" lifted, and more often than not get swindled by a charlatan. So, if you look threw these forums you will see "positive thoughts" being paramount to just about anything. You have to decide for yourself how you can get to that place, that your thoughts about you are good, and what kind of treatment you are willing to accept from others. You can figure that out better than anybody, but if it is so bad that you need some professional help, then do not be ashamed, just do it. However, anyone who is going to help you, needs to be researched a little. There are very good people who do hypnotherapy, and there are a lot that say they do. It is the same with Psychologists (a PhD), and Psychiatrists (an MD). Just because someone is a licensed plumber does not mean you want him/her touching the pipes in your house. So, use your head, if that is a route you need to go. Just because someone has a sign and a professional license, doe not mean they are good, or a good fit for you.

After the positive thinking aspect, then you are left with the actual question of whether there is a "curse on you". This is a donkey and cart scenario mind you, only one sequence you can do this. Lifting "the curse", and thinking yourself as a crummy person, does nothing but leave you wide open target for another one (if you believe in curses of course). If he was able to put one on you before, he can do it again, if you are not fortified against such insults to your person.

And the point that many people make on these threads, on these forums is, if you get to the point you are okay with you, and realize you are human and not perfect, but you are a pretty darn good person (daughter, wife, mother, friend, and so on), and you deserve great people in your life, then negative things tend to leave you, and they tend to bounce off of you. In other words, "curses" are accepted, "a hello, welcome come on in" type of thing. I agree with that 100% percent.

But this particular thread is also about the possibility of, the what if, of a curse that is strong, that some assistance may be needed to get rid of it. However, that comes after (in most cases) getting your own self strong mentally. That is an important point to absorb.

Rituals, prayers, and everything you see discussed on here (and also in most of the world's religions) is about asking for help, and being connected to the Divine. Things done to meddle, or to twist an outcome, are not what any of this is about. That is the dark side, it promises quick fixes, and eventually twists the person.

So do not be afraid to do the hard work, and work on you. Do not be afraid to research the solutions to your problems either; having an "A ha" moment is one of the most gratifying things in life you can have, and can change everything.

• Hi Brian,

I considered my childhood as fun, happy and great. Although we moved around a lot our family seemed to be able to adapt wherever my parents' job moved us. Then up until I was a teenager when we had moved to a condo complex. Everything went wrong&crazy. There were many fights between parents and siblings. A lot of things unaccomplished and defeat seemed to be always the theme. Relationship changes for the worst. At the time my father had a gal pal who was intuitive. She said by entering our home it felt turmoil, sadness and a strong negative aura of the space we called home. At the time our family shrugged it off because we knew we had our downs but there were ups that cancelled out the bad times. She would have continued commenting about it but my father got upset with her giving us some silly notion about these "negative feeling" surrounding our home and family. I really didn't give it that much thought but I noticed how everything went from bad to worst. After a year or two my family moved to another home. In this home we are currently residing felt as though the cloud of negative feeling from the other home followed. Everything went from worst to twice as bad and everything seemed so hard. Things that use to be easy and okay is the opposite. Where am I leading to w/my life story....

Brian w/curses and something to that affect...Can moving into a space that use to be lived in by someone who didn't want to leave (heard the person who use to live in it was forced to leave for not paying rent to the previous owner)...leave a "curse" on it and the next person living in pick it up and have it follow it wherever they go? It seemed that since that particular space my family had lived at...moving to another home was pointless because this cloud or "curse" seem to follow us around now. So if you do think its some sort of "curse" how do u take out the "s" and cure it.

Thanks for taking the time read this post and appreciate any feedback you may have.

Blessings

Mari

• Hi 333Tanya and Mariplatnum (and Brian!),

I am sorry for not checking this thread for a while.

Apart from daily life which is taking much of my time, this forum is not working well with me LOL.

It won't download the site the way I want it to or it is slowing down my laptop a lot.

So whenever I check in the forum, I will try to smooth my way into whatever topic that I can easily have access to or to one of my regulars topic.

Anyway, about the curse or being curse or how to know if you are cursed. I don't have much knowledge in this as I was still a kid when my great grandma passed away. I didn't get the chance to learn anything from her. But what I can offer you both and everyone else in here are my opinion on this matter and what I have learned over the years from others, with a little research I did on my own.

Simple cleansing to get rid of negativity is something that you can do on your own. The important of all is INTENTION. If you read this thread from the beginning, I have also mentioned about how to avoid being cursed etc. All comes down to our own perspective of the matter and how we let these so called negative energies influence us. With our own positivity, that is already a big step in PROTECTING ourselves. Everything that happens in our life has got to do with FREE WILL and our FAITH. We can let ourselves be exposed to all the negative influences by just thinking about how helpless we are if / when it happens. Our thoughts are very powerful. We can use that to protect ourselves.

I can share with you here a simple ritual for cleansing. It is a good time to do it now. We are in the New Moon phase till May 28th.

Best times: New Moon, a Thursday, noon, midnight, dawn, dusk (any time associated with transitions)

Items needed:

A tub of water large enough to submerge and wash yourself (or enough water to wash down the area if a location), a large quantity of sea salt.

Fill the tub with water. Temperature should be comfortable for a long soak, whatever you are comfortable with.

Open and hold up the container of sea salt.

Clear your mind and say the following words while concentrating on what they mean to you. Say them slowly, confidently, and meditatively:

"In the names of my ancestors, my gods, and myself, I call upon creatures of Earth and Water. Come and clean me of all evil and any magic, and restore me to balance and health.

By our wills combined, so mote it be."

Pour the salt into the water. Use a lot.

Keeping your mind in that calm and meditative state, submerge or wash yourself slowly. Get in the tub and simply lay back and soak. Relax. Let everything slip away.

Do this for at least ten minutes. When you are done, drain the water away down the drain and rinse yourself off the bath. It is absolutely necessary that all of the saltwater is washed off of your body! Picture all the negativity being washed away from your body together with the saltwater.

When you are done, say the following "I thank the creatures of Earth and Water, in the name of myself, my gods, and my ancestors. Be released to your homes, doing no harm on your way, and return to me with glad hearts when next you are summoned. By our wills combined, so mote it be."

Get out of the tub. Dry yourself and maintain your thoughts on all the positivity. Do not doubt or let any negativity clouded your cleansing.

If you visit my thread; New Moon and Mercury retrogrades, you can flip through the last few pages and find the New Moon cleansing ritual. Also another bath cleansing ritual shared by ZwhocanSEE. These are all simple rituals to clear the negativity.

Smudging is another way to get rid of the negative energies. Smudge stick are sold almost everywhere but you can also make it yourself. This too, you will find in the other thread of mine.

A curse is serious business, and dealing with them can be scary for a person not used to the world of magic. The good news is that magic is just like any other technology for causing change and its principles can be learned and taken advantage of without becoming an expert.

Just like it is possible to diagnose and medicate your own headache without being a doctor, it is possible to apply simple magical techniques to help you protect yourself and take better control of your life.

Good luck!

Lots of love,

x x x

• Hi Brian,

I see that we have been lagging with this thread 🙂

We need more discipline to keep this thread active huh?

Hope you are doing well.

I see that you have been very busy lately!

So am I, busy with my own thread especially during the Mercury retrogrades LOL.

Too much tears, fears, emotional turmoils from everyone in here that are close to me.

Nothing much I can do except offer my shoulder to lean on, love and compassion.

Have a great weekend!

Lots of love,

x x x

• Dear Emergence,

Thanks for responding. I will defininately try this cleansing.

XOXOXO333Tanya

• Hi Emergence,

Thank you for the reply. I've been reading your threads and learning from it. This may sound silly. Do you have another cleansing ritual for those like me 🙂 that doesn't have a tub.

Thank you

Mari

• Hi Mariplatnum,

You can do cleansing ritual with smudge stick too.

I posted it in my thread - page 36.

I left you a message there as well.

Lots of love,

x x x

• WOW..I am so glad that I found this post!!!!! YOU guys are on the Ball !!When it comes to information 🙂

PLEASE tell us more!

• I would not give too much thought to curses because your belief is the power it needs to exhist. Think energy. Energy is capable of touching lives and places. It has laws of attractions and it is like water in it ripples and moves and can be amplifyd. Energy is also space created and invites like energy. Clutter attracts lower vibrations. There is good and evil. Good always prevails but the demons do fight for a foothold on the earth plane at times but really it is a very rare thing and more angel encounters exhist than evil. Anger attracts the lower enerergys as well as hate and self loathing. People do not have the godly power of spells they just invite in a spirits and find find one willing but we as humans do not have spell power on our own. Also people who do send hateful energy our way risk getting it back because most happy spiritual people have a higher vibration that bad energy bounces off of and you can visualize this strength when you know someone's being hateful towards you. You can't join in by fighting with them though or you will amplify the bad energy. This is what God meant about the right times to turn the other cheek. There are justified angers and there are some you must not engage with. If I feel some outside energy is invading my home I do all the things that I know raises the energy vibration. Clean house--get rid of all clutter--do not keep broken items. play music--light candles. polish and dust favorite things--fill the house with loving energy. Redecorate a little. Fix something you've been putting off. lighting some sage and letting the smoke fill all the rooms--specialy corners is a great pick me up. Make your enterance way special--when you open the front door what do you see first? Energy is so real and poweful. Don't worry about spells--never feed that energy. Fear attracts negative energy.

• pilot007,

Glad you like it! 🙂

Hi Tanya,

You are welcome!

Hi blmoon,

Thanks your your input,. I always like to hear from you and your insights are tremendously appreciated! Your gift is deeply respected by me and many others.

This is the thread is all about. On page 1, I mentioned many times over and over again about positive thinking and how powerful that is. By thinking positively, it is powerful enough to build 'protection' against curses. Fearing it is basically inviting it into our lives. We (Brian and 1) were also discussing all types of curses, not just the man made ones but by verbal abuses received from our parents, guardians etc..

Thanks again all!

Lots of love,

x x x

• Great thread!!!!!!!!! I been reading this for awhile, I learned a lot thanks. What I've learned about 'curses' basically is from my latino heritage, a lot of people say o'OJO' which is basically someone giving you a evil eye...it's usually caused by envy..for example, I say, "wow I love your necklace......." but with envy, and then later on your necklace breaks. lol It's a common saying in the household, to reverse it the person has to put their hand over the other person's eyes to take away the bad energy. I always wondered why my aunts and others would do that to me when I was younger in Mexico! It's pretty interesting...haha 🙂 Just a lil story!

Thanks again. xoxo

~Mestiza

• This post is deleted!