1 cup butter

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

2 Tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour

1 teaspoon salt

2.teaspoon baking powder

Cream butter and sugar.Add well beaten eggs.Then the milk,vanilla,flour,salt and baking powder.Refrigerate 1 hour.

Roll dough..Cut into trefoil shapes.(If you have the trefoil cookie cutter...Sometimes you might find one on Ebay..LOL)Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes..

• About time you created a thread Crabby1!LOL

• I TAKE IT NUTS ARE OPTIONAL? LMAO!!!!!!

• There are no nuts in a trefoil cookie.It's a sugar cookie.I'll bake some tomorrow...

• NOT EVEN SALTY NUTS!THATS SO WRONG CRAB-GIRL LOL!

• Thunder>>NOT EVEN SALTY NUTS!THATS SO WRONG CRAB-GIRL LOL

Sandran712>>Will You Stop!!!LOL..You can't mess with a Girl scout and her cookies...LMAO

• WELL I JUST THOUGHT SINCE THE ABOVE WAS MENTIONRD SO FREQUENTLY IN YOUR PAST POSTS(LOL)! WHAT CAN IT HURT OTHER THAN THOSE OUT THEIR WITH THEIR NUT COLLECTION?LMAO!

• Thunder>>WITH THEIR NUT COLLECTION?LMAO!

Sandran712>>Sorry I just crack them.I don't collect after I crack...LMAO

• I AM NOW SPEECHLESS THE FIRST TIME ON THIS FORUM YOU BURIED ME DEEP I'M NOW OFFICIALLY AT A LOSS FOR WERDS!LOL

• Maybe you should try the good old Crab-cookies recipe i'm sure you have one stashed in your shell some where?...LMAO...

• Does anyone have the Thin Mint recipe? There's some love in there, I'm sure.

LL

• littlelioness>>Does anyone have the Thin Mint recipe? There's some love in there, I'm sure.

LL

Sandran712>>The girl scouts only blessed us with this recipe.Maybe you can use your imagination.Make a cocoa cookie dough.Roll like a refrigerator type cookie.Bake .Get dipping chocolate and coat it.

• Sandran712,

You're right, only the Girl Scouts have the secret recipe. Thanks for the suggestion and the thread. I've got a recipe for a chocolate shortbread type cookie but seems that is too much butter. Just don't know how the cookie is so darn tender. Perhaps it's the chocolate covering. I'll have to experiment but only after I've eaten the 20 boxes I bought this season.

BTW, when are you going to throw Thunder07 a bone?

• I prefer crab shells only???lol

• littlelioness>>seems that is too much butter. Just don't know how the cookie is so darn tender.

Sandran712>>That butter is what makes the cookies moist and tender.I hate recipes that calls for alot of sugar like your chocolate chips.It calls for both kinds of sugar.When baking a cookie.Bake at the 8-10 minutes...No more..Because all that sugar makes the cookie get hard when they cool down.The cookie will look doughy on top.That is normal baking..If you over bake a cookie it will either burn or get real hard to bite into it.Cookies should not be hard when you go to eat it.

• littlelioness>>BTW, when are you going to throw Thunder07 a bone?

Sandran712>>I'll throw him a girl Scout cookie instead.LOL

I just made a batch.The dough takes just like a real girl scout cookie..

• Sandran712,

Thanks so much for the tip. It makes sense that the sugar content can make the cookie tough as well as over baking. Looking forward to similar threads. Take care.

LL

• Sandran712,

Now I have to make the Trefoils. I'm looking on Ebay right now for the cookie emblem/cutter. ha, ha Hubby is watching NCAA Tourney & I'm so bored. I know I'm going to get into trouble before the day is over.

LL

• Littlelioness>>>Now I have to make the Trefoils. I'm looking on Ebay right now for the cookie

Sandran712>>Seen a couple auctions for the trefoil cutters on Ebay.

• I thought you were kidding. I do see 3 auctions for vintage cutters. How cute! I'm getting started on the dough, while I should be getting dressed for dinner out. What is wrong with me? I'll just refrigerate it & it will be ready to slice & bake when I get home. Have a great evening. I'm following you & the cap hoping for a happy ever after ending.

LL