Lost and Without Direction

• Dear Captain or anyone else kind enough to respond...

I am a Capricorn (12-27-59) who has been in a 7 year relationship with an Aries (4-16-57). When we met it was for lack of a better phrase "love at first sight". Yes, it does happen...

We have been friends and lovers with an intensity and sincerety that neither one of us has never experienced before. Our relationship has been satisfying in many ways, as we have supported each other at crucual times over the past 7 years. I must also tell you that we were both married at the time we met. i have since divorced. He has not for many reasons including his wife's illnesses which have included cancer and the removal of a kidney. We have both tried to do the "right thing" (whatever that is). We have talked honestly and tried to leave our relationship many times, but have only found heartache and lonliness without each other. we have tried to be "friends" but that is difficult. Now he has been offered a job in California and we are at a crossroads. I do not want to influence his decision as I want him to choose what will make him truly happy. But I do not want to lose him. As some men will do when they do not want to deal with something, he has distanced himself from me by not seeing me as much and not calling as much. He told me he is doing this because he knows I will want answers and he does not have any at this time. I know he is torn and I am feeling crushed, especially since for the past 3 years we often talked of starting a new life in CA when this moment came. Now it's here and I am lost and without direction. Please help me understand.