What is your favorite tarot deck?

• There are more and more tarot decks coming out all the time.

some are not even called tarot cards but some spiritual name instead even though they follow basically the same type of system with major and minor arcana.

I have heard people say that they prefer one type of deck to another as it 'feels' better to them.

What I am interested in finding out is:

What is your favorite tarot card deck for appearances(art pictures description)?

and

What deck do you feel gives the most accurate reading?

• My favorite decks are usually ones that have myth and legend type themes. These are fun to read with. I love learning about ancient myths/legends and how they apply to the tarot. My favorite deck is is Legend: The Arthurian Tarot by Anna-Marie Ferguson. I loved doing readings with this deck while at the same time becoming more familiar with Arthurian legend, which I enjoy reading as fiction too. From an artistic standpoint, the images of this deck have lighter colors, done in watercolor, as opposed to dark, contrasted ones. I think Ferguson's method gives the deck a romantic feel. Almost every type of deck I've used has proven to be accurate, but I think the one that really spoke to me was this one, the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot, Rider Waite, Gilded Tarot and the Mythic Tarot. I would love to read with the Cosmic Tarot sometime. I've been eying this deck for years!

• This post is deleted!

• Thank you espearite!

I loved the Aquarian deck and had one for many years. Lost that one due to an accident. I have just recently been 'playing' with The Psychic Tarot by John Holland and like that one too. I am usually drawn to decks that have beautiful artwork.

I have never done readings for anyone as I do not feel that I have a talent for it. Just play with them for my own use. :0)

• Sorry to hear about your Aquarian tarot, Sable. For some reason I was thinking of another deck (Rider Waite type) when you mentioned it. Hm, maybe I could be wrong? So has this the deck that you have connected well with? I was checking out the tarot deck you mentioned, The Psychic Tarot and its images are very symbolic. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think you'll have a hard time interpreting from these. Oh, and you are very welcome šŸ™‚

• I love the Gilded Tarot cards, they have the most beautiful images, and such vibrant colours, I just love the visual beauty of them, I have only just began reading the tarot and I still have a lot to learn, but I've had a Rider Waite set for about 3 yrs but never felt very inspired to really use the tarot until lately and I got the Gilded ones a few weeks ago...I just love them, I get more "feeling" from them...I've only done a couple of readings for family and daily for myself, I find it an excellent to just pull one card a day to get to know them šŸ™‚

Denise

ā™„

• Thank you for posting!

My Aquarian deck went through the washing machine (ooops) lol

Yes, and I liked that deck very much.

I am really liking the Psychic Tarot deck a lot. However, I feel I do not have any ability and sometimes I just do not understand what I am being shown.

Hopeternal: I have never heard of the Gilded Tarot cards, I shall have to look at them! Any cards that have beautiful artwork I am drawn to.

:0)

• ooooh I just looked up the Gilded Tarot and they are beautiful!!

• The Universal Fantasy deck by Lo Scarabeo is interesting for its artwork.

• I'm glad you saw the beauty in them too Sable31,...

I have found I have become very possessive with this deck...lol :0)...

I just only want to use them for myself, I dont even allow anyone to touch them...

Denise

ā™„

• Hi, everyone! Here are my favorites so far. I intend to collect more!

Aquarian

Connolly

GildedTarot

Robin Wood

Hanson-Roberts

The Grail Tarot

Voyager Tarot

Modern Medieval Tarot

Quantum Tarot

Here are a couple of images from the Quantum Tarot, which I've just discovered:

• Here are images from the Gilded Tarot.

• Here are two from the Grail Tarot. This particular deck would appeal more to Christians, although it does contain Gnostic elements.

• I'm going to try to upload some images from the Voyager Tarot. They might be too big, though. If they are, then I'll just post the Aeclectic Tarot link. Here goes....

• This post is deleted!

• Sable, if you lost your Aquarian deck in the wash, why don't you just order another one? This deck is still in print, so it shouldn't be that hard to find. Check it out on Amazon.

This is the deck I'm working with right now, along with Carl Japikse's "Exploring the Tarot" book. I do intend to work with the other decks later on, but, since I'm still a beginner, I'm sticking with this one right now.

As you can see, I'm very much drawn to decks with beautiful artwork. The Quantum and the Voyager, although used by some people for divination, seem to me more suitable for just art appreciation. Still, since they do have their own companion books, I will probably try reading with them some day.

The decks I menioned above are not displayed on this site, but they can be found at Aeclectic Tarot. The others on my list are displayed here.

As for accuracy, I would think that a more traditional deck would be more accurate. Then again, I'm still a beginner, so I could be wrong. One thing for sure -- if a deck doesn't appeal to me visually, as "eye candy", I won't bother acquiring it. I dislike the Rider-Waite, for instance. I find it very boring to look at. I think the artwork is terrible! I don't like Rider-Waite clones, either.

• I just brought my own deck recently, yesterday am using the tarot of a moon garden deck šŸ™‚

i love it

I was using the original whiate riders deck sorry if i spelt it wrong. its very good but i think i have a better feel with this new one šŸ˜„

Best wishes

RebeccaAnn

• http://www.astroamerica.com/tarot/t-moon.jpg

here are some of the pictures of the moon deck here, its a really beautiful fantasy deck, i love it šŸ˜„

• Hi, Rebecca! I just saw the pix of the moon deck you mentioned! They ARE beautiful!! So very fairy-like! I LOVE them!!! I will have to add this deck to my growing Tarot wish list on Amazon. Thanks for posting the link!! : )