Open Up To Your Life's Purpose - Part 1

• Dear everyone, I am a member of a group for women who try to inspire success and well-being in other women, through a supportive network. The founder of the group sent out an email, the first of several, on the topic of How to Open up to Your Life's Purpose. I want to share it here with all of you. Bright Blessings to each and every one of you on your Life's Journey! 🙂

How To Open Up For Your Life's Purpose

Good Morning Sunshines,

It’s almost Spring time, and I am live and ready to go out in the world and paint it with beautiful vibrant colors that I see as change agents. Bright vibrant colors stimulate the mind and plays a major role on your psyche. Think about it what does the color red and yellow do for you? What does the color sk blue do to your mind?

As I stated it is Spring is among us, and we are now operating on ‘daylight savings time”. Over the next 11 days I will share with you how to “Spirng forward” into your life’s purpose.

“Eckhart Tolle writes that to awaken to your life’s purpose, you have be ready for a change in the state of your consciousness. But how do you know when that time comes? And where can you even begin?”

Well, in my readings from biblical verses and other resources on change and service. I know that who we are resides at our core, our inner spirit. However, for most people this discovery is hard to understand. The one big question most of us ask ourselves is “What should I do with my life?” For most people, it’s very difficult to answer. Use these simple suggestions from people who have successfully answered this question and are now living the lives of their dreams. Be inspired to pursue your dreams and discover the impact you are meant to have on the world.

In reading about people who understood the concept of discovering their core and spirutual being, led them to discovering their sheer essence and their life’s purpose. Sissy Spacek describes how she followed her inner voice that took her on a life’s journey that lead her to her passion, which is acting. Here’s what Sissy has to say.

“Ten miles from where I grew up in northeast Texas was a town named Coke—after the coal by-product—whose population numbered 25. It had a general store, a riding arena, and a one-room schoolhouse that went up to sixth grade. My friend Pam attended that school, and one day when we were both 6, she invited me to come see a performance that she and the other kids in her school were giving.

When the Cokettes came out onstage in their short satin skirts with fringes on the edge, little vests, and white cowboy hats, twirling their batons and marching along with jingle taps on their majorette boots, I was entranced. I thought, “I could do that.”

Soon I was taking dance, singing, and piano lessons, and I started performing at every church and Rotary Club talent show within a hundred miles of Quitman, my hometown. Those poor Rotarians heard me sing “Kumbaya” and “Little Brown Jug” about a thousand times. When I was older, I learned how to play the guitar and started writing songs. I sang in front of anyone who would listen, because I’d found what I was good at.

Eventually I moved to New York City, where I performed in clubs, recorded commercial jingles, and did background vocals for other musicians. Friends encouraged me to take acting classes, and I discovered that I loved to act. One thing led to another, and when I was 20 my acting career took off, and I willingly let go of the idea of becoming a singer. Even though acting wasn’t what I’d originally set out to do, something told me to pursue it. I’m glad I did, because it became what I love the most. The interesting thing is, years later I got to combine the two when I played Loretta Lynn in Coal Miner’s Daughter [for which Spacek won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 1980].

Since then I’ve been in many movies, and I’ve had a wonderful film career. If I hadn’t pursued acting, I could still be pounding the pavement as a musician. But at these key moments, I listened to that voice inside me—the same one that told me, when I was a little girl sitting in the audience watching the Cokettes, that I wanted to become a performer. Everyone has an inner voice; you just have to listen to it and trust it in order to be led by it. I did that, and it gave me the ability to live a life that’s true to who I am and what I really wanted”.

Conclusion:

Listen to your inner voice. It takes practice to hear your true desires. Your passion will often come as a whisper or serendipitous event that reminds you of what’s important and what makes you happy. This is similar to what is meant by trusting your gut or listening to your intuition.

“Everyone has an inner voice; you just have to listen to it and trust it in order to be led by it,” Sissy says. “I did that, and it gave me the ability to live a life that’s true to who I am and what I really wanted.”What is your inner voice trying to tell you? What is your spirit saying to you when you do the opposite of what you were meant to do? Is there conflict within your soul over things your mind it telling you to do? We must align our hearts, mind, spirit and soul to a place of peace and harmony. Where there is agreeance, there is peace, purpose and life.

Please share with me your thoughts about this reading. I would love to hear about the things you believe your inner voice is telling you. Are you living your purpose life? Please share with us.

• That was very nice but I'm not sure yet. I'm all over the place and have to figure out what I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, want! I think I have adult ADD. But I will try to focus on what's really important and get back to you girlfriend. 🙂

• poetic, I think that a lot of people are confused and sort of scattered right now...the last couple of years have been rough on everyone, including me. I see a lot of posts saying such. But now is the time for forward progress, and we can all use some cheering on as we begin to shake off the confusion and start focusing on moving forward. I received this message just the other day in my email, and thought that the time was right in sharing it with all of my friends here. Try meditating where it's quiet, either in a warm bath, your room, or do like I do and take a walk in a place that makes you feel peaceful so that you can quiet yourself and connect with your feelings and thoughts. 🙂

• I want peace, harmony and good health. Something I don't get often but that is what I want.

• WooHoo D.Angel !

I'm so very glad to see you! Yesterday I was thinking about you and wondering how things were going for you. I was so busy bailing water ( we rec'd record setting rains) I never made it here to search.

This is a wonderful post --- Go U for joining such an empowering group of women! Shame adults don't recognize what children are drawn too more often .... We would then be better at parenting and encouraging the same ' follow your dreams' at an early age. I saw an author on TV promoting a book and in the interview he said that Paul McCartney & George Harrison we kicked out of music for not doing well and Elvis was tossed from Glee Club.

Love this, ' Where there is agreeance, there is peace, purpose and life.' Be nice to find my one true purpose, like the above musicians did. Trouble is my Spirit takes me Everywhere! LOL !

Anyway, Big Hug! Glad to know your still doin ur thing!

• Hi, Laie!! How are you? I'm hanging there...sort of at a stall right now, maybe the eye of the storm, lol! Trying to patiently wait it out and wait for the progress to start happening. Everything is out of my hands right now, but at least things look more hopeful. That's so nice that you were thinking about me, thank you! That makes me smile!

I agree that parents need to pay attention and recognize what their children are drawn to and where their strengths are. I wish my mom had, but oh, well. She taught me what not to do for my own son, lol...sooo...thanks, mom! Lol! I know what you mean though, my Spirit takes me everywhere too...one day I'm working on this, the next day on that.

Big hugs back to you, too! Have a wonderful day full of blessings! 🙂

• I'm trying, I'm trying. 🙂

• Hi DA,

This is an EXCELLENT thread!!....I have been on my road of trying to find "who and what I am here for!!" for about 6yrs now, I have got to know lots of new and wonderful spiritual things, BUT, I just keep coming back to my same old question..."What is MY passion"...I have had wonderful hobbies in my lifetime, a couple of things I was quite good at, Cake Decorating was one, to which people used to say it was a sin and a waste that I didn't pursue it as a living....but this wasn't my passion, I was very INTO it...but the enthusiasm really wore off....

I have to be honest it scares me that at my age of 58 I will never find my passion and true calling....I have a partner but we don't live together, he lives in Denmark, all my kids are grown and live in their own homes, so it's not like my life is just filled with the caring of others and their needs all the time, I have plenty of time to reflect on "what is my purpose"....but I just don't feel my calling at all even after all the asking I've done!!.....sigh!!

Once again, great thread!!...I'm so glad I had the chance to write all this down 🙂

much love and joy to you,

Denise

♥

• Hi Denise, maybe you already had done whatever it is you were supposed to do, could have been just being a Mother? We never know. I also love to bake cakes and decorate and am in the same boat, tired of it. I'm in a funk today for some reason. Just remember to take time to appreciate today, thats the message I'm always getting. Right down your blessings and you will feel better. 🙂

• hi,

I'm in the same boat as most women here on this thread. I too am look for my purpose. So far, I have came to the conclusion that my job is not satisfying me. it's stable money wise but I'm craving more...not sure what the craving is. Using tarot, intution, and angels to guide me along. It has not been easy but I do trust I am getting closer to what I'm meant to do.

• Hi poetic555,

I love the thought that being a mother is what I came to do and now I can take a well earned rest after having 4 of them...lol.

Looks like both you and I are getting same message!! I have just been reading a thread and felt so much pain for the lady...and immediately sent her some loving healing thoughts, then I counted my blessings, I have not gone through that sort of heartache (her man cheating on her, now wants divorce)....dont get me wrong, I have had heartaches, with other terrible things, no one escapes them...but I think my point being is even though we all go through lifes heartache's we are still able to find gratitude in lots of areas in our life, we just need to notice them and feel them, and your right my friend, it truly does make you feel better!...I am so grateful I can still feel gratitude!!..hope I make sense here...lol

much love and joy to you Poetic!!

Denise

♥

• Like that pic.

• K 🙂 I know exactly how you all feel.

• BUMP

• Will also be thinking about this

• anfel hugs