Dissapointing reading

• I just tried, for the first time, an online reading from Tarot.com. The format was excellent as I picked my own cards (the cards I had in my spread at home), but there were 11 cards for the Celtic Cross, not 10, which I found confusing. I also thought the reading was useless and meaningless, I couldn't bear to read more than the forst 3 cards.. I would be very interested to hear anyone else's interpretation of my spread so that I can compare it to my own, as I think it is a very interesting spread. I have 5 court cards (kings and queens), 4 major arcana cards, 3 cups, 2 swords and a wand - no pentacles and only 2 pip card . In readings I am the queen of cups and my husband is the king of Swords (although our astrological signs would put us as queen of swords and king of pentacles, all other attributes, eyes, hair, skin, personaility etc are completely wrong). I only mention this as it may have a bearing when so many kings/queens are in the spread.

OK, here is the spread

Pos 1 - Hermit

Pos 2 - Queen Cups

Pos 3 - 4 Cups

Pos 5 - Ace Swords

Pos 6 - King Cups

Pos 7 - Moon

Pos 8 - King swords

Pos 9 - Hanged Man

Pos 10 - King Wands

All/any interpresations would be most gratefully received. Thanking you in anticipation.

• Hi shannon5555, please decide who is who. then do a spread, be specific about the question, remember that you can relax and know that your question will be answered as long as it is clear, you will always find the perfect answer, but to aleviate the confusion always ask and concentrate on one question at a time. Figure out who they are astrologically first is the simplest way before you start, if you know, otherwise descriptions and age can help, or job description, even being married or single, be specific. Some books will differ in thier opinions about this. Honest to God, I have never been off with this book called Tarot Made Easy, by Nancy Garen, the court cards always are accurate with the discriptions in this book as well as time, seasons, all kinds of info on a daily basis. The people that I have refered this book to never return to this forum because they find the info that they need. I wish that they did from time to time, but they only needed to be guided and are on their way, I wish them all well. I could read these cards, but the truth is that things have changed since you have asked. Get this book and free yourself, you will always have the most intimate details at your beck and call, remember the spirits are always there to guide you for the good when it comes to the Tarot cards. Always be in the white light. Lola to you and yours. Also if you would like I can read these cards for you, just let me know, have a great day.

• Shannon5555, one thing that I did'nt mention is that the court cards may also indicate a best course of action, or emotional response, or the temperment of the individual etc, get this book and you will save yourself millions of hours of studying. Then you can begin to trust your instinct even more and start trusting in the process that drew you into this truth to begin with. Check this out and see for yourself. Lola means love and I wish this for you and yours, not just a saying, these words have the meaning behind them, just like the Tarot cards. If I do not hear from you maybe some one else can clear this up for you. xo

• Hi Luv2laf,

I wouldn't mind having a reading from you, that is if you don't mind.

Best Wishes,

• there is obviously a lot of love and waiting going on with the situation, possibly some type of love triangle or competition.. you posted the cards but you didn't post the question you'd asked

• Hi 228, its probably a good idea if you give me an idea of the question at the time of the reading, if you did not have one at the time, I can still give my impression. To start I found it interesting that you covered the 1st card position. The Hermit in the position of the basis of the matter, may show someone from your past who returns, or you want to change your destiny or get back together with the one who's been estranged. If your family is involved you may talk to a relative long distance or spend time with a friend who comes to visit, they may bring the solution to a problem if you let him or her help. I have the Queen of cups as a Scorpio, if this is not you then possibly this will refer to the friend that will help you, or in the romantic department. It looks like you want to enlist the aid of another. There seems to be some unexpected opposition, disputes, or discord in your home or work environment. This may also be because of noise, children, and/or a guest who overstays his or hers welcome. Looks like you have been under alot of emotional strain, try to take it easy so that you will not get sucked into an emotional storm on the home front. The fourth position is missing. I will skip on to the Hanged man, who may be saying that unsettled conditions will begin to resolve themselves or work out on their own accord, but it will be difficult to keep an open-minded outlook due to your intense emotional reactions. If you need help, all you have to do is ask one of your friends or loved ones. You may also find a teaching or a new teacher. You will be grateful for contact with one who's willing to extend himself or herself, who'll provide "means," therapy, or assistance [be it mental, physical, emotional, or spiritual]. I could ad more about your husband but will wait for your permission to talk about him. Just remember that if the fruit of the tree is gone, it may be time to move on. If this is what you decide, then you are in a good position to make it on your own. I have the King of Wands as an Aries, and the King Cups as a Cancer sign, is he a Doctor? King of Swords as Libra. If my reading is off, I apologize, I am learning too. Lola to you and yours, Elizabeth.

• The last post was meant for Shannon5555, sorry for the mix up in names. Yes 228, I would love to read for you, just ask me a question. Lola.

• This post is deleted!

• Thank you so much. I didn't post the question on purpose because it was too open ended - "What should I do?'', and it relates to my relationship with my husband. My head tells me one thing, but my heart screams no. One day I am convinced of one course of action, the next day I'm totally positive about the other. I've spent over a week just trying the think, think, think, but am no further forward than I was to start with, so I did this reading.

As to the court cards, there is no doubt that the queen of cups is me if she is representing a person. Apart from the fact that I am Libra (20th Oct), all other descriptions fit me perfectly and she shows up almost every time I do a reading for myself (in fact some descriptions I have read are so accurate it is if someone has written a detailed description just for me), so I am quite clear on that one. It is the representation of my husband that was really foxing me. However, I have since done a lot more reading and research and have come to the conclusion that he is actually the king of pentacles, which as a Taurean, is true to his sign.

To give you a little more background which may clarify things a bit, I live in France with my children, and my husband lives overseas where his business is, and comes home usually once a month - not an easy situation. A year ago, after a couple of years of terrible depression I reached my lowest point, and we separated. However, the only change in my life this made was different rooms when he came home. Many horrible and difficult stages were passed but recently everything changed and now he wants us to try again. It's what I hoped and prayed for, but can I? Are we too far apart? Is he prepared to change? After so many hurtful words, how can I ever think there can be respect again? What about trust? Just so many questions I just don't have the answers to.

I have no friends, family or people to talk to here, but I think that this forum was my way of reaching out and asking for some help. I think YOU are represented in this spread as someone perhaps? And as for those other Kings, well I only have a few neighbours around me whom I would never dream of talking to and just don't have contact with men, so I'm puzzled.

Once again, thank you so, so much for your reply, and if there is anything else that makes more sense with this additional info, I would be grateful to hear. Please go ahead and say anything you like re my husband or whatever. I feel very safe in this community and know that the people here are all just trying to help one another.

Have a wonderful day x

• Thank you so much for your reply and for pointing out about postion 4. I've realised that I messed them all up a bit. The correct layout is below:-

OK, here is the spread

Pos 1 - Hermit

Pos 2 - Queen Cups

Pos 3 - 4 Cups

Pos 4- Ace Swords

Pos 5 - Chariot

Pos 6 - King Cups

Pos 7 - Moon

Pos 8 - King swords

Pos 9 - Hanged Man

Pos 10 - King Wands

I am also now certain that if represented by a court card I am definately the queen of cups, I am still not 100% certain about my husband though (I will get the book you recommend asap), but I suppose he would have to be the King of Pentacles (he is a Taurean), and many of his characteristics, but some descriptions are jarringly wrong and are far more like those of the King of Swords.

I have written a lot more background information in reply to a post a few posts down, and included my question "What do I do now?".

If you would have the time to read all this and to give me a reading I would be very grateful. The more insights I get from others, the better I am able to develop my own skills. I'm hoping one day I will be able to put this to good in helping others. I'm on my way anyway!

Thank you again, and have a wonderful day x

• I'm so sorry, I did not give the correct spread - I missed out position 4 and went wrong from there. here is the correct spread:

Pos 1 - Hermit

Pos 2 - Queen Cups

Pos 3 - 4 Cups

Pos 4- Ace Swords

Pos 5 - Chariot

Pos 6 - King Cups

Pos 7 - Moon

Pos 8 - King swords

Pos 9 - Hanged Man

Pos 10 - King Wands

Luv Shannon

• Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Firstly, I mixed up the spread a bit, here is the correct spread

Pos 1 - Hermit

Pos 2 - Queen Cups

Pos 3 - 4 Cups

Pos 4- Ace Swords

Pos 5 - Chariot

Pos 6 - King Cups

Pos 7 - Moon

Pos 8 - King swords

Pos 9 - Hanged Man

Pos 10 - King Wands

And my question was reagarding my relationship, basically, what should I do now? Do I follow my heart or my head?

Thank you and have a nice day

Shannon

• To all,

OK, I'm getting the hang of this forum now. I thought I needed to reply to each tag and it now looks as if I'm repeating myself over and over - sorry!

• Hi Shannon5555, thankyou for the info, I will begin working on this and will have the answer for you sometime this evening, xo. Elizabeth.

• Hi laurieann, thankyou for asking, I will work on this question after I have answered Shannon5555. I have some interesting things to tell you already. Lola for love.

• Hello Shannon5555, I would like you to lay the spread out again and we can go through it together step by step. The first position represents the foundation that molded your past or created the basis of where you are now. The Hermit... You want to change your destiny or get back together with the one who's been estranged. You will want to bridge estrangements and share your heart with someone, your husband, and some special communication will be implemented. You will experience sadness, apprehension, or trepidation due to a sudden development evokes a sense of loss; but don't worry, that is going to change into a feeling of great relief, joy, and accomplishment. If you had a falling out with a loved one, you will soon make up. You will be successful in bridging estrangements, beginning a new business, or making good money through metaphysical or commercial enterprises. You'll be grateful that the one who's been away or estranged has returned, or that a strong desire or fervent wish has been granted. Don't strive to overcome a situation or force a resolution. Take a modest or reticent approach with dignity and unassuming grace. Isolation, restriction, or suppression will come to an end. You will begin to see the light at the end of a very dark tunnel and the future will start to look much more promising. Now lets look at the Queen of Cups.... This second position is covering the basis and is where you are now.... this position indicates the circumstances that are present in your life which motivate your question or cause concern. There will be discussions about a union, merger, or marriage and you will be very willful about what you want. You may even initiate the action toward getting it, or make the proposal yourself. The focus is also on books, research, study, or the occult, trying to get an idea across to others, resolution or results, the home and personal property, magnetism, attraction, romance. You will be unprepared, or have been, for the adverse conditions and unexpected opposition, disputes, or discord that you will encounter in your home or work environment. You will be looking hard for answers and in time will receive the guidance that you need. You may not see eye to eye with those who call or those that you call, and will be unable to connect at a satisfactory level at this time. [The time of the reading ]. Use your charm, persuasion, and whatever resources that's available, then let the Cosmic Forces direct your course or reveal that which is hidden. In time, you will see that your prayers have been answered. You are going to have invisible help or guidance in your work or affairs but go-betweens or agents will prove to be a disappointment, and something will come up to keep your wish about , or union with, another from materializing at this time. Lets go to the 3rd position now, the 4 of Cups... This is an important aspect of your reading

• Iam continuing on from the 3rd position for you Shannon5555, the 4of cups. I did't want anything to happen to delete the last post, continuing now. this position reveals the inner workings of your mind as a result of your past and present and is ofttimest the determining factor and possible outcome of your reading, depending on the forces working for or against you and the card in the 10th position. You'll want your lover and won't be able to stop wanting, and you'll wonder if there's still a chance that you'll get back together and things will work out. There will either be no union or an unresolved 'togetherness' in your personal affairs, however business should take a turn for the better. You will feel like a lost soul fighting a lost cause and because of this, you will be unable to find fulfillment in any realm. You will feel deprived, dissatisfied, and disillusioned because the 'things' you wanted out of life have brought you nothing but un-happiness, suffering, grief or sorrow. Take your mind off of your lover, work or the problem, and do something else. See to your needs first. You are going to get youself together, clean up your 'act' and handle all matters that have been put off or need attention. You will put an end to things that serve no purpose or go nowhere. No matter what it looks like now, there is still an avenue for fulfillment, the Budda became enlightened only after he had done all that he could do and had given up. You will be grateful for the indication of better days to come, heralding the promise of a brighter tomorrow. In the very midst of despair or limbo, something will be offered that you will consider to be a great blessing.... something related to your work, finances, or love life. Lets move on to position 4, the Ace of swords, I see this time frame to have happened around December, January or February, this position not only covers your recent past, but long term blocks or influences as well, and though its effects may still be felt in your present and perhaps very near future, its influence is passing away and moving out of importance. Continued on next post.

• Position 4, the Ace of Swords, I also see that a phone call may have come to you the day after you laid out these cards, or picked them on the internet. You will get an unexpected message, call, or response from someone who loves you. This could be a declaration of love or affection. [Some of what I write is in the past tense and some is happening now]. Strong emotions will be brought out by a business or romantic involvement; and, a marriage or partnership could be on the rocks. Tensions will ease off and you will have a renewed sense of clarity about yourself and the world around you. Your going to make a decision to act on, or move into, a less problematical environment or situation. You are going to get what you want.... Now lets look at position 5, the Chariot... this position is forces for or against you, it plays a major role in determining the outcome because its influence is the crux of all preceding events. If the card that falls in this position is positive, then the conditions surrounding your question will be working in your favor. ...The Chariot. You will want to share your deepest feelings but will keep them to yourself because you can't find an outlet or won't want to run the risk of being vulnerable; and /or you'll have superficial involvements or fast flings with strangers. [Not implying that you are having an affair though. You will be frustrated, confused,and upset, and the more you try to push or resist, the worse it will get. Only when you let go, will peace come.Though events will be confusing, they will work out the way you want, or in the perfect way, and if someone agreed to come, he/she will. You can also expect a late-night phone call from an admirer. A fixed attitude, unworkable involvement, or unpleasant experience will come to an end and in its place will come a new perspective, sudden insight, or uplifting turn of events. You will be considering the possibility of a union with someone you like or love... what would it be like? Now position 6 cont.....

• Position 6, the near future, This card will indicate how you've emerged from your recent past, as well as any new factors that come into being. You may feel as if you are being mistreated, or you will be looking for a way out of a relationship. You may have many emotional swings, and will be daydreaming about love and romance. You'll enjoy a warm emotional exchange with a loved one. You may want to move. You may feel distraught over the lack of support you feel you are getting, or because of emotional burden you have to carry with your family, friends, or loved ones. You will be disheartened by unfulfilled romantic desires...close but no cigar. A disagreeable situation and a negative emotional condition are going to come to an end.[ I see you in Switzerland,] to continue, I hope that I don't go overboard here, but here it goes, [Don't let your desire color what is.Refuse to accept less than what is correct in people or to settle for what is 'so-so' A sow's ear dressed up to look like a silk purse is still a sow's ear. Put your ideas to the test. I say this because it looks like he chastises you unfairly. Your success will come through exercising your personal integrity, having the courage to ask for what you want, and receiving a positive response or "go-ahead" in reply to a business question or financial matter. What you want or need will come to you and you will be provided for. Next position 7 cont.....

• Position 7, how the near future will evolve, it reveals the way in which you've responded to the near future and how or in what way the future is evolving. The Moon, You are going to be disillusioned and disappointed in a relationship you thought would work but didn't. Your response to others will be inconsistent and changeable, but you will want to help them find their inner light. Try not to be devastated by someone who lets you down. This is a hard card, but I want you to be strong, so there will be many unforseen changes and unexpected occurrences, and only when you'r willing for things to be the way they are , and accept them as they are, will they change. You can't run from the problem the only way is through. Change will bring a new perspective and a new you. and by putting your pessimism or insecurities behind you, you'll become a much stronger and happier person. A challenge will have to be confronted that will take a strong will and strength of character. {We all have faith in you!] You have more friends than you know, let them in, even if its here on this sight. that is what we do. ...Expect some very forunate adjustments in your dealings with others, group efforts, and camaraderie. Lets go to the 8th position, I wrote in the first post that he was in the 8th position and you were covering the 1st, then I erased it, but here he is. This position is cont.....