Do Not Fear The Future

• I share a message I received from spirit -

We know that you fear a lack in your future - a lack of money, a lack of love, a lack of health, a lack of a direction or whatever. But we remind you that your thoughts have the power to form your future. Unfortunately, most people have dark and fearful thoughts when they look ahead. If you fear something a lot and every moment of your day is filled with that anxiety, it shapes what is to come to you and you manifest exactly what you feared.

Practise instead living in the moment - focus on just the day you are in and give thanks for that day and all that you have right now. Quick, look around - you are missing out on some wonderful experiences as you sit worrying about what is to come. Appreciate the people and gifts in your life now. Do not think beyond today - don't waste your energy by dreading tomorrow. Leave the future blank like a canvas so that the Universe, a far greater artist than you, may fill it up with amazing things that you cannot even imagine. The human consciousness is narrow - you wish for small favours but don't realise that spirit has far better and grander things in mind for you.

And don't dwell in the past either - it's over, gone. You only ever remember it from your own perspective anyway and not even all that accurately. The present moment is really all you have - don't diminish its importance. The things that happen today may never happen again. Make the most of this moment and don't live in fear of what may or may not come. Deal with situations if and when they actually happen, knowing you have the strength to cope and trusting spirit to support you.

Now take a deep breath and let all that worry go...

• TheCaptain,

Thank you for sharing this. Some of us certainly need to be reminded often to let go of the past, live the present and welcome the future.

Thanks and have a wonderful weekend 🙂

• Well...this certainly hits home for me..Deep breath...Ahhh....feels so much better. Today was a good day. Lots of blessings came my way...financial concerns were alleviated in a major way. I honestly believe that it all happened because I quit worrying about it and took the steps I needed to take and let go of the rest. It all fell into place...as will everything else. Thank you Captain for a wonderful reminder of what can happen in our lives if we just let it.

• Captain, what a great reminder to us all. We get caught up in dwelling over the little things in life. Granted at times at that moment they don't seem little but in the grand scheme of things, they're barely worth a fleeting thought. Thanks for the reminder that there are great things intended for us if we allow them to come our way. You are such a positive influence, thank you.

• Thank you. Beautiful reminder as I am just stricken with concern over my husband. I know I need to stop and breathe, relax but seeing the reminder helps. Thank you.

• Thank you Captain, another wonderful reminder to me, especially about not letting fear rule me and also needing to tell my ego to shut the h*ell up, I am doing just fine thank you very much!!!!

• Good on you Capt'n. I agree with this wholeheartedly. Fear has ruled much of my own life, but this weekend just gone, i set about doing what I call "mending bridges". This weekend was the tail end of other bridges I'd mended a week or so ago, and I feel I only have one or two yet to go. One I'll definitely attend to, the other I may not. But putting old dogs to rest, lettng the past go and telling people I loved them who I hadn't talked to because of stupid anger has given me a very soft and gentle view on the future now. Gentleness is what I want for my future; gentleness and joy. (Says me as I light up another cigarette ... and maybe I'll give that up too soon!) It is always good for us to be reminded of the Fear Factor which tends to rule all of us in our lives at one time or another.

That other bridge I have to mend is the one which I've been the most afraid of, but feel I need to do it the most. I can feel courage to do this settling inside of me today, and no doubt, I will do what I need to. Then of course, my future will be right there in front of me.

Let's look to the future with anticipation not anxiety. Let's release the past along with any pain associated with it. And in an effort to enjoy the NOW, I'm gonna take a nanna nap and look forward to greeting my daughter home from school who went off this morning pretty darned cranky with me!!

Again, good on you for posting this Captain. It is a timely reminder or quite a few of us :)))

• Thank-you, Captain!

• You can be happy every single day of your life. It is your birthright to be happy, choose happiness everyday.

But being happy doesn' t come naturally to everybody. Our lives are rich with potential sources of happiness, but sometimes we become victims of negative thinking because we believe that focusing on all that has gone wrong will provide us with the motivation we need to face the challenges of survival. When we choose to focus on what makes us happy, however, a shift occurs in the fabric of our existence. Finding something to be happy about every single day can help this shift take place. The vantage points from which we view the world are brought into balance, and we can see that being alive truly is a gift to be savored. There is always something we can be happy about - it is simply up to us to identify it.

On one day, we may find happiness in a momentous, life-changing event such as a marriage or the birth of a child. On another day, the happiness we experience may be a product of our appreciation of a particularly well-brewed cup of a tea or the way the sun shines on a leaf. If we discover that we literally cannot call to mind a single joyful element of existence, we should examine the cause of the blockage standing between us and experiencing happiness. Keeping a happiness journal is a wonderful way to catalog the happiness unfolding all around us so that joy has myriad opportunities to manifest itself in our lives. Writing about the emotions we experience while contemplating joy may give us insight into the factors compelling us to resist it.

Happiness may not always come easily into your life. You have likely been conditioned to believe that the proper response to unmet expectations is one of sadness, anger, guilt, or fear. To make joy a fixture in your existence, you must first accept that it is within your power to choose happiness over unhappiness every single day. Then, each time you discover some new source of happiness, the notion that the world is a happy place will find its way more deeply into your heart. On this day, find one thing to be happy about and let it fill your heart.

From DailyOm

• I very much believe this is true. I know I like to sink into and mull things over and yes, think that by examining the negative, I can fix it and be happy. What I tend to forget is that I can be happy at any time and no one is responsible for my happiness but me.

When things stress me out or get me down...I have a page from Ralph Marston called, Your Decision. I don't know if you can find it on the web, I should probably scan it before I leave this job so I have a soft copy. Definitely uplifting when you read it. Broken out in 4 segments. 1) Your decision. 2) Make it your choice, 3) Convincing yourself and 4) Remember why.

It sits next to my picture of a laughing buddha because whenever I look at a laughing buddha I can't help but smile.

• Thank you Captain, I have just seen this post and I have copied it, to remind myself to stay in the moment. I too worry constantly about the future but am becoming more attuned to staying right here, right now - in this moment. Obviously, it takes a great deal of practice, but I do hope that it will become a habit, part of my life in time. I have been practicing this lately and I feel much freedom in the the moments when I do remember. Thank yo very much, again Captain 😄

• This is very nice.

• The other day I pulled into the dollar store for no reason. As I stood at the end of an aisle, wondering why I was there, I noticed a man talking to himself. He apologized and started explaining that he couldn't sleep, and that his wife had sent him to get a sleep aid. He said he would lay in bed at night and think about his problems. The following words just poured out of me, without thinking. "When you go to bed, think of the blessings you have right now. RIGHT NOW: Do you have a roof over your head? Food in the house? People who love you?" I watched a visible weight suddenly lift off of him. His head came up, his shoulders went back, and he smiled. Then he shook my hand, thanked me and literally ran out of the store, leaving me standing there with my mouth hanging open.

Captain, thank you for this. I'm sure a lot have copied your message like I have. Living in the moment means waking up. Choosing. Action. Paying attention. Finding out why we are really here. Living. Please keep posting. We need this.

• Hey Sandpiper965 - you're a star, you really helped someone that day. You must have seemed like a guardian angel to this man, delivering a message. Sounds as if he was shooting back home to the loves of his life and heeding your advice. Well done, that little story has brought a beam to my face. Thank you!

• Awesome Sandpiper, you made his day for sure. A changed man indeed.

• Thanks for all the timely insights, coz it just answered a nagging question on my mind for quite sometime...which made me vacillate in an important decision i have to make in my life. I just need to draw all the positivity within my soul to be able to leap into the future with great expectation and peace of mind! It's easier said than done, but with so much encouragement from the spirit through anointed people, I know I will be able to cross the line between anxiety and love. More power Captain!

• You are so optimistic, what a beautiful way of looking at things. i have always been a worrier, but now i am trying to find the strength to just live out each day. Thank you for this... awesom

• I also used to be a terrible worrier until I realised that all my anxiety did not help my situation one bit. I realised I could face life with either a positive or negative attitude. I would still face the same problems but by choosing to drop the negativity, my mind would be less filled with 'a dark fog' to confuse the issues and hide the answers.

• Wow you read my mind again..... Just when I needed to hear something like this 🙂

• Angela 168 wrote: "I just need to draw all the positivity within my soul to be able to leap into the future with great expectation and peace of mind! " Me too Angela 168. I really like this idea and I know it's time for me to do some leaping too..."with great expectation and peace of mind." Lovely thought and admirable goal. Thanks - it's my new mantra because for me great expectation is frequently diminished by anxiety instead of replenished by peace of mind. Must have both expectation and peace when you're leaping!

Captain, I just want to compliment you on your wisdom and your ability to communicate what you know and feel in such a way that so many people feel personally connected to your words and insights. I spent allot of time on March 15 looking for "Oh, it's your birthday" advice. Too bad I didn't know about these forums because that's the best birthday and everyday advice and insight that I have found - and you didn't even know it was my birthday.

You make a difference around here and I really appreciate what you do and the way you are so calm and calming about it. Thank you.

My Respect,

WanderingWonder