Hans - A word with you please

• A lot of uncertainties in many directions in my life all of a sudden. A real convergence of negative events. My mother is very ill, my children are in distress over their father, my job is in jeopardy, and my personal relationships are as chaotic as ever. A general reading for direction would be helpful. You always either have the right words to say or you confuse me long enough that time passes and situations change, lol. What' have you got for me right now as I face a great void of understanding here.

Sometimes it's fine to sit on the shore and watch the world go by, but I'm on shaky ground right now and need some practical insight on how to get through this cycle. Decisions have to be made and new directions taken, particularly with respect to earning an income in a very depressed local economy. Finding new work is not going to be easy. I'm concerned about my children as well, and whether there is anything serious that I need to do about the relationships between them and their father. I worry that events lately are damaging them emotionally, but I don't feel right stepping in, hopeful that they can resolve things between themselves, before it is too late.

As I say, just some general direction would be much appreciated and would give me some focus (focus for to meditate upon of course). Thank you Hans.

• A general reading for direction would be helpful:

Straight, square, and true.

By being instead of doing, nothing is left undone.

What' have you got for me right now as I face a great void of understanding here: you are trying to be the local hero, getting all the attention,

I'm on shaky ground right now and need some practical insight on how to get through this cycle: fight.

I'm concerned about my children as well, and whether there is anything serious that I need to do about the relationships between them and their father: No.

I worry that events lately are damaging them emotionally: No.

hopeful that they can resolve things between themselves, before it is too late: No, step in.

As I say, just some general direction would be much appreciated: you are imprisoned in your relationship suppressing your energy.

Just keep quiet.

• Hans, I've thought about what you say here and I'm hearing two things; I'm hearing a message to just be still and be myself and know that by doing that, what needs to get done will get done, then in the next breath you suggest that I "fight" and "step in" - i.e. take an action. This is confusing.

Your suggestion that I am trying to be the local hero, getting all the attention is interesting. I actually am in a situation where I have received considerable public attention lately. I don't think that I have tried to be the local hero, but it seems to have come as a consequence of meeting the challenge to pull my life together and forge ahead in a positive direction. I feel good about people congratulating me for my successes, and I am proud of my ability to overcome adversity so far. Now that I am facing uncertainty once again though, I actually feel more compelled to demonstrate that I am the "local hero" because to me, the expectation is there that I will once again rise to the current challenge. While I believe I strive to do that with some humility, some self-promotion may be wise to get me to the next place career-wise.

I'll have to think about all of this. At the end of the day, I have bills to pay and mouths to feed and it's very difficult to sit by and believe that the Universe is going to take care of any of that for me. "God takes care of those who take care of themselves". I never tried to be a hero to anyone, other than my children, because I want them to believe that they can be heroes too and overcome obstacles in life.

I'll hope you are right about my kids' father. I'm assuming you are telling me to let things go? It makes no sense for me to step in if they are not being "damaged" by their father. Let the relationship be whatever it's going to be?

Finally, when you say that I am imprisoned in my relationship - what relationship are you talking about? I do feel imprisoned by situations that I believe are surpressing my energy, but I know how you are Hans, the message I think I see at first is often not the message you intended. You know I put great thought into your guidance and you've been an enormous help for me these past months. I really thought I was growing in my ability to just be and not do, but maybe not. As I say, it's very difficult to avoid taking initiative when situations are serious.

Any additional insight you may have will be appreciated. Thank you Hans for your sharing and your caring.

• I'm assuming you are telling me to let things go? No.

Let the relationship be whatever it's going to be? No.

what relationship are you talking about? A relationship you are ashamed of because of your inner impulses.

Any additional insight you may have will be appreciated: your real strength lies in your weakness.

You cannot keep yourself separate.

• Well Hans, that's all got me more confounded than ever. I must not be ready for whatever it is you are trying to tell me because I can't sense how it fits my current situation at all. I'll give it some time and see if events make it more clear.

• This act -- where awareness itself becomes the action

-- is a total act. And this happens whenever your

awareness about something becomes absolutely clear. You

need not do anything. Out of that very awareness,

things will start happening. You will be surprised that

you are not doing anything but things are happening.

You are no more holding yourself back. You are no more

passive. Initiative has come into your life -- you take

initiative. You are no more a helpless victim -- you

have taken your life in your own hands.... And not that

you make some effort for it!

• Ahhh, I see. Now that I can understand because that's kind of the place I am pushed to at this point anyway. If I worry too much about what I do right now or what direction I should be taking I think I could easily implode. So I am trying to stay calm and "witness" as best I can and know that the right answers will happen one way or another if I am grounded within myself.

Realize that because I ask you these questions Hans doesn't always mean that I am at a complete loss - maybe just not as confident as I could be. You've taught me much you know. In fact I've had many people say this past week, that with all that is going on in my life right now they can't figure out why I'm not falling apart emotionally over it all. Frankly, I have you to thank for that. I just hold the thought of staying in the middle of the wheel and not getting pulled to the outside. I've experienced what you are talking about here as well - how at the times that I've stood most clear about myself and just let that be enough, things just happen. I hate to use the word "magic" but it's not far from the truth. People I need, the things I need, were just there when I needed them, I didn't have to seek them out.

Ok, I feel like I've had a good pep talk here Hans. Thank you. I'll let you know how things go.

• Jenever7,

this "magic", this is tao, the hidden harmony. If you can remember that, this will help you to trust in existence.

You simply follow the inner feeling, and then it is sacred.