Reading request for TheCaptain

• Captain,

Twinsoul recommended that I request a reading from you. I've just come through a very difficult period in my life and I really need some advice or reassurance that life will settle down for me soon. Don't know if you need a DOB but it is 8/13/56.

Thank you and many blessings to you for your generosity!!

• LeoLady, what you really want is to feel connected to others while still retaining your own identity and individuality. You are learning to value and work within a system in this lifetime. Working your way up through the hierarchy of a company or organization is a necessary prelude to you assuming the mantle of leadership that comes so naturally to you. Though you are a dynamic individual who thrives on challenge, you will need to develop greater discernment and learn to choose your battles carefully. Selfishness and a certain insensitivity can be your greatest flaw, and you may wind up quite angry at yourself and everyone else when your plans go awry through the simple failure to anticipate others' real needs or understand their true motivations. Still, your promise of success is loud and clear, and if you rise to the challenge of greater responsibility and learn that the respect and honour of your fellows must first be earned, all will go well for you. Developing your latent empathic and psychic talents will help you relate so much better to and help others. Professionally you tend to be a maverick who likes to go your own way. Once you give up fighting the system and learn to work within it, you can become a trailblazer who sets new standards and breaks new ground. You must be fully honest about your need for independence in all your relationships with others. Lead by example and try to release your fear of domination. Recognise that any chaos in your outer world is a reflection of your inner chaos. Do what you need to do to calm yourself and find peace.

This particular lifepath tends to encourage individuality more than group involvement so a lot of solitude will be necessary. Although a series of brief love affairs can characterise your romantic life, finding a life partner is more grounding for you since it teaches the lesson you have come here to learn of how to be responsible to another person. If you do want to get deeply involved with someone, you will have to find a partner who is prepared to be honest and open and never go back on their word since integrity and ethics are of primary importance to you. In love, you tend to find emotions very messy and uncomfortable, and you can hold back your feelings to the detriment of the relationship. But what others want is a real person to love, not a perfect mask. The inability to let go and be uninhibited because of your worry over your performance can also damage your sexual relations. Overcoming self-doubt and the fear of others' opinions may take time but in the end it will help you form strong loving connections.

Contact with nature is essential for you because it calms your often volatile emotions. It is in the silence and simplicity of nature that you can find the greater truth that will be your polestar. Having a pet, meditation or prayer, hiking, living in the country or at least vacationing in unspoiled areas, adopting a vegetarian or healthy diet, and participating in ecological activities are all good ways for you to become more balanced in your life.

Although life has been difficult for you lately (2009 was a time of many changes and upheavals), 2010 can turn out to be a great year for you. It is the perfect year for someone who must learn the lesson of responsibility because that is what it is all about. This year is one of protection and benevolence - home and family are highlighted. It is a time to counsel, console, guide, and give assistance to family members and friends. Some sacrifice will be asked of you in this area. The focus this year is on relationships. You are likely to find your relationship with those near and dear to you growing ever closer and stronger this year, while any relationship that is no longer of mutual benefit will come under the microscope and may actually terminate, (if it hasn’t already ended during 2009). 2010 is a very auspicious year to begin a marriage. It is a time when you may be concerned with taking care of your home, perhaps decorating, buying furniture, or even finding a new home. It is also worthwhile in your 6 year to personalize your environment with family photographs, fresh flowers, or treasured objects and artifacts. Consider taking courses that focus on your own well being and balance. If you have ever wanted to paint, sing, act, or play a musical instrument for pleasure, this is also favoured in 2010. You may find yourself "spread thin" this year, as you will be needed in many areas. This year should be mostly free of occupational and financial problems.

• Thank you very much, Captain for taking the time to do this. So much of what you said hit home -- I just got divorced and am in the process of buying a home so yes, there has been much change and upheaval but I truly think it was for the best. I am very much looking forward to the peace and quiet of having my own home with none of the chaos that I have been living with for the past year or more. I do tend to be very independent and value my "me" time so yes, any prospective man in my life needs to understand and accept that. I will try to do as you say and become more balanced and I do plan to develop my abilities so that I can help others.

Thank you again for your generosity and many blessings to you. Maybe some day I can return the favor!

• You're very welcome - we are all in this together! 🙂