Pet stories :-)

• Hi had no idea pets could come back as spirits and tell us messages... I've lost so many dogs 😞 but one in particular we decided to put down on Dec 07, we followed the advice from the vet... and my parents didn't have enough money to go through all the adviced and the vet even said he didn't guaranteed it would work...

it was my first experience and it was so awful I could see he wanted to go home with me when I went back to the vet for the final procedure... I still regret it... and I wish I'd know that he's at peace in a better place and doesnt hate me or my family...

• HappyDoc, I found through a local lady that she can communicate with pets that have crossed over as well as live ones. A few years ago she told me they usually stick around for around 3 days and then are harder to communicate with but when I lost Sheba she told time does not matter, that she can even contact my first dog who died in Jan. 2007 (late Dec & Jan are turning out to be times of year I will do anything to avoid!) Sadly I myself am not fortunate enough to see for myself their return. But like I mentioned in the other thread, Scarlett has now adopted a few of Sheba's behaviors, so maybe she really is here. I hope so, she was such a powerhouse in a little body.

This is completely off topic, but if anyone is in the Chicago area, there is a Body, Mind Spirit Expo this weekend. Lots of different metaphysical modalities represented there, might be worth the trip. I probably can't make it becasue I have a canine CPR class but I'm gonna try!

Well, off to do chores before the sun sets. Have a great day, al!l

• I had to put my little Tiffany down due to cancer a few years back in 2004...she was such a wonderful dog. she went through a lot with me and the kids with the divorce and all the changes of moving, etc..and it was so hard when I lost her. I believe she's still around me, once in a while I can feel her nose nudge the back of my calf to let me know that she's still here. I've had quite a few animals as pets over the years, but she is the only one that I feel is still here..is that bad? Does that mean that she's not at peace? I pray she's in doggie Heaven, she deserves to be there.

• Hi starrgirl, I think she's in doggie heaven, she just knows that you miss her and that she was special for you 🙂

• thanks lctdog... i cant afford getting someone to help me contact him... but I will when I can...

maybe someone that can will join the forums and let us know some news about our pets 🙂

Chicago is not that far away from me... but i'm a student so my financial situation is not that good to afford that trip... besides with so much school work i cant really take that time off 😞

i'm going to go visit my sister and nephew soon, but something about older sisters that they love to nagg the younger ones... urgghh :-$

• Ictdog, I'm by Indianapolis, do you know how much the expo is? is there a website, I might actually be in chi this weekend visiting family. thankssssssssssssssss

• This post is deleted!

• oh yeah lctdog, I meant to ask you what do you do with the oils with the dogs?? it's about your comment on the other thread... thanks

• Well HappyDoc, there's essential oils and there's therapetic grade essential oils. In a nutshell, I use them on my dogs, horses and myself to assist our bodies in healing ourselves of injury and disease. How far away from Chicago are you? I'm about 50 miles west.

• Hi lctdogg, I looked it up and I'm about four hrs away to the northeast, the drive is not a problem... the snow could be... I like driving.

do you get a lot of snow where you are?

I'm asking because it my dog long hair I was wondering what kind of oil I could use.... I do massage his neck/back at night, I'm going to try to get a picture of his face when I'm doing it... it's SO funny, he has a smile from ear to ear!!

sorry if i talk about him so much he's my companion 80% of the time...

I love horses too but I haven been around them that much, just two or three times I have ride horses

• This post is deleted!

• yeah me too is late!! night night!! sleep well 🙂

• Lucky Dog.....

Anyone who has pets will really like this. You'll like it even if you don't and you may even decide you need one!

Mary and her husband Jim had a dog named 'Lucky.' Lucky was a real character. Whenever Mary and Jim had company come for a weekend visit they would warn their friends to not leave their luggage open because Lucky would help himself to whatever struck his fancy. Inevitably, someone would forget and something would come up missing.

Mary or Jim would go to Lucky's toy box in the basement and there the treasure would be, amid all of Lucky's other favorite toys Lucky always stashed his finds in his toy box and he was very particular that his toys stay in the box.

It happened that Mary found out she had breast cancer. Something told her she was going to die of this disease..... in fact; she was just sure it was fatal.

She scheduled the double mastectomy, fear riding her shoulders. The night before she was to go to the hospital she cuddled with Lucky. A thought struck her...what would happen to Lucky? Although the three-year-old dog liked Jim, he was Mary's dog through and through. If I die, Lucky will be abandoned, Mary thought. He won't understand that I didn't want to leave him! The thought made her sadder than thinking of her own death.

The double mastectomy was harder on Mary than her doctors had anticipated and Mary was hospitalized for over two weeks. Jim took Lucky for his evening walk faithfully, but the little dog just drooped, whining and miserable.

Finally the day came for Mary to leave the hospital. When she arrived home, Mary was so exhausted she couldn't even make it up the steps to her bedroom. Jim made his wife comfortable on the couch and left her to nap..

Lucky stood watching Mary but he didn't come to her when she called. It made Mary sad but sleep soon overcame her and she dozed.

When Mary woke for a second she couldn't understand what was wrong. She couldn't move her head and her body felt heavy and hot. But panic soon gave way to laughter when Mary realized the problem. She was covered, literally blanketed, with every treasure Lucky owned! While she had slept, the sorrowing dog had made trip after trip to the basement bringing his beloved mistress all his favorite things in life.

He had covered her with his love.

Mary forgot about dying. Instead she and Lucky began living again, walking further and further together every day. It's been 12 years now and Mary is still cancer-free. Lucky - He still steals treasures and stashes them in his toy box but Mary remains his greatest treasure.

Remember.... live every day to the fullest. Each minute is a blessing from God. And never forget....the people who make a difference in our lives are not the ones with the most Credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care for us.

If you see someone without a smile today give them one of yours! Live simply. Love seriously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God

A small request

All you are asked to do is keep this circulating.

Dear God, I pray for the cure of cancer.

Amen

All you are asked to do is keep this circulating, even if it is only to one more person, in memory of anyone you know that has been struck down by cancer or is still fighting their battle.

• HappyDoc..thank you for sharing that story! I loved it and it was so meaningful.I have found dogs are just an extension of our soul. They are here as our guardians only to provide love and solace. They teach responsibility, loyalty and trust. I do not own my dogs, my dogs own my heart!

• you are welcome MorningGlow, I'm glad you liked it, it touched my heart too.

• Happy Doc--thank you so much for sharing that story..it brought tears to my eyes. I have a pet bunny right now. and he's a treasure as well, making me laugh with his antics, and I love him, however I would love to have another dog some day again. I also know they love you for you, no matter what and that is a great gift through God.

• aww I like bunnies, thanks starrgirl