Share your inspirations.

• Del C....this place has brought me so much joy and peace and I too am so thankful for the friends that I have met here. Stay here and you will find happiness....thru the heartbreak....pain...confusion...loss. Here...you find exactly what you need.

My reading today was so wonderful. I had been really confused about going back to school for criminal justice or the medical field. Both of which are good for me. But....I didn't expect to be able to combine the two. She said I was a champion for people...I am an advocate. She pretty much almost called me a space commander. She said I am deeply rooted in tradition but want to bring new light to old traditions. I'm very much this way. She was so dead on with so many of my things...unbelieveable. Anyway, after all my talking with her....a good idea for me??? Medical Advocate. I can do both the legal and the medical in one. I like to bring about change....which we both snickered over when she asked what I did for a living right now and I told her I was a "Change Analyst." Duh...never thought of it that way before. She said I like to remove obstacles and I have none because I can always find my way around them. The best part of my current job that I like is the fact that I can remove an obstacle in someone's day and make it better. I cannot tell you how awe-inspiring this session was for me. I didn't think I could be happier than I have been in the last month or so since coming here....but nope....today I realized I could be happier. OMG...life is good. Really good. Anyway...she was definitely on with so many many things. It was truly thrilling to have her read for me. Even got an autographed copy of her book. Yea!!!!

• You are all inspiring to me and I thank all of you very much.

The following has been on my refrigerator for at least ten years if not longer. I read it often.

This poem was written by Mother Teresa and is engraved on the wall of her home in Calcutta.

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered;

Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, People may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;

Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;

Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;

Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;

Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;

Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;

Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;

Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God.

It was never between you and them anyway.

• DelbertC -

Things happened for a reason, whether it is good or bad. God won't put us to test if he knows we cannot handle it. Whenever I faced difficulties in life, I thank God for having faith in me, for believing that I can handle the situation and see it till the end. You can too, DelbertC. God knows you can. I know you can 🙂

AuntBuck -

Great to hear that the reading was wonderful!! Now you know which career suits you best. I am sure you will be good at it!! Go for it!! 😄

Opalten -

Thank you for sharing with us this great words of wisdom from Mother Theresa. Very inspirational. That lady has always been a role model for me.

• "Whenever someone sorrows, I do not say, "forget it," or "it will pass," or "it could be worse" -- all of which deny the integrity of the painful experience. But I say, to the contrary, "It is worse than you may allow yourself to think. Delve into the depth. Stay with the feeling. Think of it as a precious source of knowledge and guidance. Then and only then will you be ready to face it and be transformed in the process."

• Emergence, I am guilty of saying "this too shall pass." Along with everything happens for a reason. I'll have to rethink that. I like that...it took me a minute to absorb it...but it makes sense.

Opalten - yet another great thing to read each day to remind us of what is important.

• Emergence, I'm with Aunt Buck with saying "everything happens for a reason". I also am rethinking. I just wrote it down on the back of Mother Teresa's words so that I will remember it.

Great!

• Opalten, thank you. Yeah, I have been telling myself that each time I am confronted with difficult moments in life - "everything happens for a reason". That works for me, it keeps me going somehow.

🙂

• Delbert darling here is another saying and i know it's true, what doesn't kill you, will make u stronger. We all are going threw growing pains and as long as we live we are learning. We cannot progress if we don't have experiences good or bad to learn from. I agree that a lot of sayings are cliche's but they are also true. I believe there are no coincidences in life and we all were bought to this site for different reasons and I too am learning about myself and others and have made some great new friends, who I otherwise may never have met. I feel you about the pain, been there and sometimes still am there. What ever you do, don't ever, every give up hope and don't listen to the enemy. You are worthy to be alive in the hear and now. I'm going to pray for you and if you ever need a friend to talk to I'll be here. Opalten the words by Mother Theresa are beautiful also. Emergence great and wonderful thread. Aunt Buck I'm happy for you. There are many wonderful, helpful, beautiful souls here. Thank God!

P.S. I think the writing is good for our souls as well!

Love Yall!

• poetic555,

You are welcome 🙂

You are right, writing is good for our soul. We can express our words much more easier and more comfortably in writing then verbally. This has been a practice of mine for some time now, whenever I feel like letting out all the sadness and the negative feelings from inside of me, I will write everything down in a letter ( well, typing them actually lol). It makes me feel better.

• Goodmorning all,

Just woke up. It is a beautiful day. Hope everyone is having a good day too 🙂

Here is something I get from my best friend, GOOGLE. Enjoy!

After hours inspirational story

While at the park one day, a woman sat down next to a man on a bench near a playground.

“That’s my son over there,” she said, pointing to a little boy in a red sweater who was gliding down the slide.

“He’s a fine looking boy” the man said. “That’s my daughter on the bike in the white dress.”

Then, looking at his watch, he called to his daughter. “What do you say we go, Melissa?”

Melissa pleaded, “Just five more minutes, Dad. Please? Just five more minutes.”

The man nodded and Melissa continued to ride her bike to her heart’s content. Minutes passed and the father stood and called again to his daughter. “Time to go now?”

Again Melissa pleaded, “Five more minutes, Dad. Just five more minutes.”

The man smiled and said, “OK.”

“My, you certainly are a patient father,” the woman responded.

The man smiled and then said, “Her older brother Tommy was killed by a drunk driver last year while he was riding his bike near here. I never spent much time with Tommy and now I’d give anything for just five more minutes with him. I’ve vowed not to make the same mistake with Melissa.

She thinks she has five more minutes to ride her bike. The truth is, I get Five more minutes to watch her play.”

Life is all about making priorities, what are your priorities?

Give someone you love 5 more minutes of your time today!

• I am so glad i started coming to this forum you all do not worry about my statementt of getting the gun out its like another option sounds crazy but good is i am able to follow through with that thought and the koniquncie of that action and it allows me the opportunity to see how selfish it is you really don't know how grateful i am to have a opportunity to experience life on life term

• Well i guess i did all that writing for me cause i had a whole page i think, i guess it got lost but doing good Delbertc

• DelbertC,

Glad to hear we can contribute something to ease your pain and sorrow. Whatever you need, just give anyone of us a shout, we will come running 🙂

I am so glad to be in this forum. I almost crumbled to the ground a few months back when one setback after another came down on me. Although I know there was a reason behind all of it, it was not easy to walk that path alone. Thanks to all the support I received here, I am in a better place now.

Thank you.

• Good Morning All! Love that little diddy there about 5 more minutes ain't that the truth! Thats why we have to live now, love now, laugh now! Emergence you are still standing! When life knocks me down, I say "I'm still here." I think I got that from the Color Purple. I used to write all the time, but not as much now. You guys are lifesavers! Peace! 🙂

• Goodmorning poetic555,

Still standing and will always be!!

I might fall sometimes but that will only give me the chance to stand up again 🙂

Don't you agree?

Wishing you a great day.

Sun is shining brightly, have fun!!!

• Get back up again^ Thats a gospel song! Have a great weekend!

• Hi Emergence,

What a wonderful thread this is!!....thank you SO much for starting it, you all are truly inspirational lovely people, I feel blessed I found this site!!

my little contribution would be this, it's a little quote by Deepak Chopra :

"The more attention I put on what I WANT in my life....the MORE what I want will show up"

this little quote is so simple but oh so true...because we know we are the creators of our lives by what we focus on comes to us....so I'm learning to focus on what I want, and try to steer away from my negative thoughts, and I try to not focus on all the stuff that worries me, cos if I do....that's all I will keep getting!!!...the stuff I DONT want....

so, to my mind, I will keep altering the old thought patterns into the new....and keep thinking of the wonderful life I want....

much love and joy to you all, I appreciate you so much...

Denise

♥

• poetic555,

thanks!! you have a great weekend too!!

hopeternal,

thanks for the quote!!

glad you like this thread.

feel free to drop anytime and share your inspirations 🙂

have a great day!!

• Hi all,

It's Saturday, I am chilling at home, watching TV, listening to some music...

This song came on TV and I kinda like the lyric and what it's saying...

Sharing it with you, guys!!!!

Have a great weekend.

Feeling better, now that we're through

Feeling better, cause I'm over you

I've learned my lesson, it left a scar

Now I see how you really are

You're no good, you're no good, you're no good

Baby, you're no good (I'm gonna say it again)

Baby, you're no good

I broke a heart, that's gentle and true

Yes, I broke a heart over someone like you

I'll beg his forgiveness on bended knee

I wouldn't blame him if he said to me

Baby, you're no good

I'm telling you now baby now, that I'm goin my way

Forget about me baby, cause I'm leaving this day

Baby, you're no good

• Hi,

I just got this through my email...it's appropriate for me, and as I don't believe in coincidences, It has come to me just when I needed it (smile)....I just wanted to share this.

Be Not Afraid....

"Physical reality is a dense energetic opportunity for the soul's expansion.

Not all of it is pretty, not all of it is easy to comprehend. However, the moments offered are a perspective that is not so available in the spiritual realm.

Seek the expression boldly, as you have created it for your own purpose. Your actions in difficulty offer a window to who you are.

Be not afraid as you are not alone in all the trials and tribulations. Dig deep into your energy to find the purpose of your soul while embracing the lesson that has been created to serve your energy.

Feel the hand of your entity as it brushes away the tear from your eye. Know that all who love you are encircling you with their love.

Be not afraid. It does not serve the moment. Be connected to your soul who has created your life. Know that you are not alone. Feel the warmth and let it embrace your heart.

The hurt will subside in the connection. You are treasured by all those who love you in spirit.

Rejoice in that feeling and be not afraid. In fact be quite the opposite.....Bold.".......

Hope you all have wonderful weekend filled with love and peace,

Denise

♥