Is my ex inmy future at all?

• This post is deleted!

• hey junemoon

glad to see you are still around

did you wind up getting back with your pisces?

• Hi, Emergence. Thanks--I appriciate your help with "Candide". I'd be interested to see someone else's take on what each character(Pangloss, Candide, Martin, Cunegonde, etc.)represents. I could tell Voltaire was challenging blind optomism and the statement that all is always "for the best and happens for a sufficing reason", which is Leibneizian philosophy.

Also, what do you think Candide means when he says at the end that "We must cultivate our garden?" I got the general idea that he meant life is difficult, so we must find joy in helping others and being our personal best--but then I read a critic's opinion, and the critic thought it meant Candide had learned nothing.

Anything else that stood out for you in the story would be helpful too--messages, meanings, etc. I've begun my first draft, and the paper has to be 10 pages, and I could use some more material to consider. Thanks again so much for helping me with this!

• Hi, 1chellee. Glad to see you're around, too. No, I didn't wind up getting back together with my Pisces ex. I thought I had moved on, but it's hard, you know? I miss him most when I'm super stressed and overwhelmed. It's paradoxical because he lacked empathy and was almost narcissistic. I guess it's because I feel like I don't really have anyone to call when I'm feeling overwhelmed. But oh well. I'm super busy with community college classes, so maybe it's a good thing I'm not in a relationship right now. Also, it probably wouldn't even be the same if we did get back together. But anyway, nice to hear from you!

• To everyone: I'll get to your readings as soon as I can! Thanks for being patient!

• Dear Junemoon26 Thanks for taking the time out to help with my situation. Good luck with your classes!

• Hey Junemoon26,

You are welcome. Be glad to help!

Also, what do you think Candide means when he says at the end that "We must cultivate our garden?"

I think he meant this;

clean out the weeds --->bad ideas. to make space for the good ideas to grow (in the garden ---> community). As in work with others, not by yourself --> our garden.

Let me type everything out in Google Docs. Give me this weekend. This Mercury retrogrades is really pushing me..uughh! Slow laptop, spelling problems...post not sent...

Be back!

Lots of love

x x x

• Thanks SO much, Emergence. I hadn't thought of "cleaning out the weeds", the bad ideas, as a possible point Voltaire could be making, but I think it's true.

. Take your time. (Technical problems have been getting me down, too. My printer was acting up yesterday and it took an hour to figure out what was wrong.) My paper is due in 2 weeks--it's not a whole lot of time, but I'm making progress. Again, thanks! 🙂

• To everyone: I'm sorry I'm going to have to postpone doing readings again--these next 2 weeks I probably won't be able to do many since I have to study for finals, but hopefully I can do one or two this weekend! Thanks!

• yes i know

it may not be narcissism it could be that water sign pride -- you know how we get so easily crushed and sometimes can't admit when we are wrong -- if you two had the kind of connection you say you had -- it probably isn't over just on hiatus status -- timing is everything sometimes

but regardless glad you are doing well and although you are busy able to take some time to assist others

good luck with the classes and everything you are working towards

i am positive you will be successful

peace and blessings

• Hi Junemoon26,

I am so sorry for not getting back to you with the "Candide". Been down with flu for a week, my heads are cracking. If it is not too late and if I can stay at the computer for a bit tomorrow, I will do my best to send you my thoughts on this.

Sorry again.

Lots of love,

x x x

• That's more than okay, Emergence! I've almost finished my final copy anyway--and I used what you said about "cleaning out the weeds", or bad ideas, in my paper. He asked for an absolute minimum of 8 pages, counting the works cited page, and building on that idea helped me reach the full length! That was all I was hoping for! Thanks again! I would appreciate, if it was convinient, if you could post more about "Candide", but if you're too busy or it's a hassle (and I know how bad it feels to be down with the flu), don't worry about it. You've already helped me a ton.

I'm feeling a little too stressed (and super busy) to do accurate readings. I promise I will get to them; I just can't say when!

• hi junemoon26

I was in a very serious relationship with my ex for 1.5 years (though most of it was long distance) before we broke up in Dec 2009.My family wasn't very happy about me marrying him but finally when they agreed, my ex left me saying he can't wait anymore and it's been too long. (Shocking, but yeah that's what happened).

After 3 months, he is back saying he was crazy to have blundered like that and he is repenting for whatever he did. Now he wants me to give him another chance. Though I haven't completely gotten over him yet, deep inside I still miss him sometimes and long to be with him. But I am also afraid that he will hurt me if given another chance. I haven't started dating/ met anyone new yet while he has met some girls through online dating sites but not in a relationship with anyone currently. I am torn and was wondering if you could share your views on this? My dob: oct 8, 1984 and his is: oct 16, 1982.

thanks very much,

• Hi everyone! Sorry to keep you waiting SO long. My final exams at the community college are finally (no pun intended) over. I know I got an A in Trig but I'm not sure about my English class yet. Thanks for waiting, and I hope some of you are still following this thread!

• Ah....we are still following the thread. LOL. Glad to hear finals are over. I am working my way into getting into training right now. I can't wait to go back to school. I've wanted to return for years now and I've finally gotten an opportunity to do this and its exciting. Glad to see you back! We love your insight.

Blessings!! Aunt B.

• franni31, you and your ex definitely have potential for something lasting. You are a "meeting of the minds", so to speak. You understood one another and always talked about things and it seemed there was never a dull moment. He was attracted to your honesty and openness, and you found his quiet charm irresistible. However, both of you have a tendency to criticize and say blunt things that could be taken the wrong way, and I think this is what caused problems in your relationship. It seemed sometimes that he was impossible to please and you had to do all the compromising, and at times he may have thought you were criticizing him when you only wanted to help. I think you will get back together, and if/when you do, communication is key. Be gentle with each other and avoid accidentally hurting each other's feelings, because another thing you have in common is you are both sensitive underneath your exterior and need understanding. You have the potential for a great and lasting relationship, but you must try to listen and understand each other. Good luck, and best wishes!

• Hello Junemoon26,

I am indeed in a commited relationship of 3years 2 mths but I was wondering if you see anyhting from an ex anton..thanks much and belssings to you

• Hi Junemoon26.

I remeber I wanted to ask for a reading from u before but I read that u are in ur exams so I didn't..Any way now will u do me a favour and do a reading for me? I fell in love with a man and now he has left.I want to know does he come back? plz take it seroiusly coz it's so important for me.I really need help.if it helps my date of birth is 1980 ,sep 11 and my name is Soheila

• Ohh man this relationship is driving me crazy....

• VirgoLadii, I'd love to do a reading for you, but I need your date of birth and preferably your ex's date of birth as well. Thanks!