Meditation question

• Hi Guys,

I was just meditating and seemed to quiet down my mind when I was aware of a kind of ringing/buzzing noise. It sounded like the noise you hear when you switch of a tv or pc, and you can still hear it's vibration. I wasn't around anything electronic so I was wondering whether it had something to do with the meditation?

Hope this question makes sense : )

Thanks for any enlightenment you can provide.

• I was wondering whether it had something to do with the meditation? No.

Thanks for any enlightenment you can provide: When you are going inside, and the mind really subsides, you can hear many sounds from within, so this could be for instance the buzzing of the circulation of your blood. Try to get more in balance inside, let your energy circulate inside of you, and let the buzzing become as harmonious as possible.

As long as it rings/buzzes.

• Hello to ineedtomediate,

Hans, I have a hard time to quiet my mind when I try to meditate. I try to let thoughts come and go and try again or just stop. any advice?

• Hi znl, lol, I'm having the same problem! I feel so proud of myself when I manage to get a few seconds of silence : )

• ineed

this is the meditation that I do. if you want to, try it :

Guided Basic Zen Meditation Technique (Zazen):

•Find a quiet place and sit in a comfortable cross legged position. If using a cushion, sit on the forward third of the cushion. The objective is for your hips to be raised above your knees and to form a three point base with your knees and buttocks touching the floor/cushion (leave a comment below if want to use a chair or meditation bench and would like me to explain those details).

•Set your alarm or other time device for 20 minutes.

•Now elongate your spine upwards and to align it with the back of your head, subtly bring your chin back and in like a soldier at attention. There will be a slight inward arch in your lower back.

•Now rock gently from side to side in big arcs, making them smaller and smaller till you drift to a stop. You should find yourself perpendicular to the floor with no tension or pull from either side.

•Have your eyes half open with an unfocused gaze on the floor in front of you. You should be looking down at a 45 degree angle about 2 to 3 feet in front of you. You may also close your eyes if you prefer.

•Bring your hands to your lap and place them in the cosmic mudra. To do this rest your right hand on your lap, then rest your left hand on top of it and have your fingers overlap. Now bring the thumb tips together thus forming an oval frame.

•Close your mouth, swallow your saliva creating a slight vacuum and place your tongue against the roof of your mouth. After this point there should be absolutely no more movement of the body. No fidgeting, scratching, shifting - nothing - be like you are frozen in time.

•Take 5 deep, slow breaths though the nose. This will oxygenate your blood and relax you.

•Now bring you attention to your breath without trying to manipulate it further in any way, just become aware of its flow. Spend a few minutes just observing it intimately till it starts to become regular and relaxed.

•At this point begin counting your breath. Count an inhalation as one, then the exhalation as 2 and continue to count your breaths until you reach 10. At which point return to 1 with the next inhalation. If at any point you get caught in a mental story line and loose your count, gently, without passing any judgment, return to 1 and start over. That’s it, continue for the duration of the meditation

• and here is something about mind chatter. I posted it for someone on here a while back

"Don't turn mind chatter off with force. The mind knows you want to turn it off, so it retaliates. When meditating or not meditating, try to turn inward and watch your thoughts like a gallery of pictures with no sound. Imagine a door behind you. Little by little, step back, calmly until you reach the door. Open the door, also calmly, and close it behind you. The mind will try to pull you away from this door, but by practice, you will be able to do this without provoking the mind and it may even 'mind' its own business. It is behind this door, that you can connect with your guidance. Do not rush the process, you will be hurt. Try to get closer to the door each time, one day, you will get behind it.

Be gentle, even to the mind chatter. Your mind is not wrong or evil by always chatting things to you. There is no rivalry between the mind and the psyche. Only because you have never paid much attention to the psyche before, that the mind always gets to step up. Imagine you have 2 friends A and B. If you always listen to A and ignore B, you will form very close bond to A. One day you realize you have forgotten about B, so you reach out to B. A will retaliate, maybe subtle, maybe violent, because it fears you will leave him for B. If you use force, A will be hurt. This is why, be gentle. Always, even to your mind. As long as you live in the physical world, you do need the logical mind. So be gentle and take your time"

the noise you heard, I heard it when I am not meditating. I am told that it is a sign someone is talking or thinking about me. be it a stranger or someone I know. be it they are wondering how I am doing, or they are planning to hurt me, whatever it is they are doing.

so the vibes they sent out, reached me. it's like your computer is sending a ping to another computer. if it bounces back, the other pc is on. if it doesn't, then it's off. don't know much about pinging, but that's the closest resemblance I can find about the noise you mentioned.

You can meditate and trace the source of these vibes, if you want to. When you hear the noise, concentrate and try to hold it as much as you can. Then bring the memory to meditation. Set out the intention of tracing this noise to the source. I've never heard that it can't be done, although it does take time for some people, because first of all you need to be clear of mind chatter. That's the hardest part to start. See, you need to get behind the door. This is hard on its own, let alone if you take the memory with you. Imagine escaping something, with a baggage. It's heavier and harder. But you can escape, you just have to keep trying day after day.

I never bothered to do it myself. The way I see it, if I am meant to know, I will know. My inner work has brought me much result, to both physical and psyhoclogical well being, and so I never insist on anything anymore. Same with my guide, if she doesn't want to say anything, even if it's important to me, I don't force her. Not like I can, anyway.

Hope this helps. Take care.

• Hi znl, lol, I'm having the same problem! I feel so proud of myself when I manage to get a few seconds of silence : )

I know. I have been trying off and on for years... There are too many voices in my head : )

Btw, I think even remembering and attempting daily is already a step towards the right direction and beneficial.

• Leoscorpion,

I think i read on some other thread that you had a ritual for the "full moon" nights. Could you share it - what it is and what for? I hope you don't mind me asking and I can understand if otherwise.

Ineedtomeditate, I hope you don't mind me asking about Leo's other interesting knowledge in your thread.

• znl

Hans, I have a hard time to quiet my mind when I try to meditate. I try to let thoughts come and go and try again or just stop. any advice? Shift your attention to your heart, let your heart drive you out from there.

You are not to engage in any inner discussion. Just see that your heart is giving you an indication and begin your journey. Do not hesitate even for a moment. Do not even stop to think, "Where am I going? Why am I going?" Do not consult your mind at all; just give your mind a holiday. Meditation means giving your mind a holiday. Ask your mind just to keep its place, just to be quiet. Tell it, "Let me hear this directly. Don't get in my way. Don't interfere. Don't

bring your interpretation in. It is not needed. If it is needed, I will consult you. Do not interfere. Do not offer advice for which you have not been asked."

• you can :shelve " thoughts" in meditation

" I shelve all thoughts that DO NOT SERVE MY DIVINE SELF" AND PICTURE YOUR OWN CREATION A BOX, URN, TRUNK, ECT OF THOUGHTS SHELVED IN IT", YOU CAN ALSO SAY "I am open to divine opportunity",

inhale divine exhale order.

I hope this helps.

• Znl,

I don’t mind sharing the general things. I have quite a few rituals, some I do often, some I’m too lazy to do regularly. Some are built in for my specific purpose, some are quite common among spiritual people and were performed in the ancient times.

The rituals for the moon, are divided into three sections following the moon changes. Full moon, new moon, lunar eclipse. What I do is connect to the nature. In the ancient times, buildings had meanings. Every stone had its own carvings, every layout has a purpose more than just protecting us from harm or temperature like houses these days. These walls built between us and the nature, are blocking us from connecting to the nature.

The ritual is about respecting the cycle of the moon and benefit from it. I go out to the backyard and bring some things with me. I can’t tell you what they are, it differs from one person to another. Bottom line is, I connect to the nature and pay my respect. I will make wishes or just pay respect to the moon and the nature or being cleansed.

The morning after the ritual, I will again go out to the backyard. This time to soak in the sun’s energy. The sun, like fire, is a transformer. The moon, like water is a purifier. It’s among a few basic concepts of alchemy. I would love to do this ritual in the park, but at night time it’s not safe there alone.

I have a few daily rituals, pretty common, I’m sure you’ve seen me written it down here a couple of times. I know quite a few meditation types, but only keep up with two. I’ve done yoga for over 9 years. But it was Hatha, so mostly physical advantage. Only last year I started Kundalini and definitely it benefits me spiritually. Each person has their own needs, I’m sure you can come up with rituals of your own if you’d like to.

• Thanks for the recommendation leoscorpian, I'm going to try it out tonight before I get tired.

znl, I don't mind at all. I hope you find something that helps you.

• Dear Hans,

It is because of my heart that I do what I try to do so, it is not going to be strange to take your advice using heart. thank you for The mind stopping conversation you suggested I will try and keep in mind your suggestions. So greatful for your input.

• Hello turboxs, thank you. Love it the way you put it "inhale divine exhale order."

Hi Leoscorpio, I only have seen you mentioning you were up doing your rituals so, I have not seen other threads you mention anything else on this subject. Like your writing style a lot too.

Thank you so much for your input. So, I did a search on "full moon rituals" and got a pretty good result I think.

this is the One and I am going to bookmark it for later:

http : / / healing . about . com / cs / spirituality / a/ moonrituals . htm

Ineedtomedidate: Thanki for starting this thread and NOW go medidate. 🙂

• you're welcome ineedto

znl

I probably wrote them on a fe other forums I joined, not on here yet. I don't talk much about it, unless someone asks, like you did. the cleansing ritual is done every day, includes gem and sage. sometimes if I'm too tired I only do it once every 2 days.

other rituals involve fire, offerings etc. not doing much of those ones.

if you feel like doing the ritual on that link, go ahead. lots of kind of moon rituals. all kinds of ancient tribes worshipped the sun and the moon among many other things. if you want to build your own, pick the ones you feel suitable.

• thanks leoscorpion. Yes, doing what feels right/suitable like you wrote.

• znl and ineedto

I hope you receive blessing and support from the universe in your spiritual journey

• Dear znl,

so awareness will help you in two ways: first it will help you to become unconditioned and then it will help you to find ways and means to live your life. It will be the only way to uncondition and the only way to find a new style of life, a new vision of life.

• Dear hans. yes.

This awareness can come from ones own life experience when you can uncondition. With unconditioning comes more and more clarity too. thank you for sharing all this. I have not practiced the dialog (advice) with mind from your first post to me on this topic yet. I will though.

• Nobody wants to be nothing.

Nobody wants to be nobody.

And in fact everybody is a nobody.

There is a very beautiful story...

Alice has reached Wonderland. She came to meet the king and the king asked, "Alice, did you meet a messenger coming towards me?"

She said, "I met nobody."

The king said, "If you met nobody, why has he not arrived yet?"

Alice was very much puzzled. She said, "You are not understanding me rightly. Nobody is nobody."

The king said, "That is obvious that nobody is nobody, but where is he? He should have reached here by this time. It simply means nobody walks slower than you."

And naturally Alice was very much annoyed and forgot that she is talking to the king. She said, "Nobody walks faster than me."

Now the whole conversation goes on with that "nobody." She understands that he is saying, "Nobody walks slower than you."

"... and I am a fast walker. I have come from the other world to Wonderland, a small world -- and he is insulting me." Naturally she retorts, "Nobody walks faster than me!"

The king said, "If that is right then why has he not arrived?"

And this way the discussion continues.

Everybody is a nobody.