Will I or should I "see"?

• My family has always been what I call "aware". The first memory that stands out in my head that made me know I was too was when my grandfather died. After his funeral he came to me and sat at my feet and just waved and smiled a simple goodbye. Clear as day I could see him. I was not asleep so I knew it wasn't a dream. When I was in my teens something scared me so bad that I prayed for that sight to be taken from me. I could still "feel" things, smell things, know things at times even hear them oh and I do see the what I call the shadowy people in glimpses but the actual seeing part seemed to have left me. Over the years I've worked on my abilities a bit, wondering if one day I might regain that sight.

Lately my dreams seem to hold more significance and the other day I saw the face of a man in what I can only describe as if it were projected from my forehead. Kind of that I saw him on the inside but knew it on the outside. Things like that seem to be intensifying recently. So I'm wondering will I or should I regain that gift of "sight"?

If so, can anyone tell me what frightened me so much before? I have an idea or image in my head but I'm not sure it is me remembering it.

Should I be doing something to try to strengthen my ability to see?

Very interested to hear your thoughts.....

• the gift is yours, for you to use for the good of all.

you can choose to ignore it or develop it, but it will always be there and may intensify more.

you will only lose it, if you use it for your own benefit.

you haven't lost it, so you can't regain it. you mean develop it, all you have to do is nurture your psyche. there are many ways to do it. one that I know works for many people is meditation. it will help clear your mind, so you can hear guidance clearly that will hone your psyche abilities.

I see spirits all the time but not often or every day, started when I was 8 or 10 seeing an angel.

I was shown the date my father would die, and he died exactly on that date, despite all the efforts I made to keep him alive longer.

I dreamt premonitive stuffs, nothing of big scale, mostly people I know. Sometimes these people die, or they get sick. Sometimes I dream of animals too, they come to share their qualities for me, or just so happens my subconscious choose certain animals to represent certain things or situation.

I do yoga and meditation, so I know it works. My guide contacted me when I was doing yoga and when I do meditation, I see more spirits and communicate with them. I don't receive much guidance about other people so I don't do clairvoyance. But when it comes to me, I gained clarity and courage to walk in the path I am shown to walk in. I don't rely on people to tell me the answers anymore, aside from mundane simple things - well those things I don't need to burden my guide and power animals with LOL I'll ask hubby or friends by email.

I hope you find a way to develop your ability. if you need link for simple meditation, to start with, let me know.

• about you being scared as teenager.

not necessarily that the object you saw was dangerous or hamful. you just didn't understand what it really was.

when I first saw an angel I was scared. I ran out or just covered my head with blanket. She didn't have wings, and I didn't know anythng about spirits aside from frightening ghost stories that people told me back and forth. I know now that angels don't always be seen with wings. They are spirits, so of course they can take any form they like, just like any spirits, with wings or not LOL

I used to be almost paralyzed dreaming about snakes. But now I know snakes qualities, I remember the period of my life when I used to dream about them, I was needing these qualities.

There were times my subconscious use snakes to represent people in my dreams, sometimes manipulative people, sometimes just people that I fear/ not trust but they really didn't do anything to me. that's because I used to fear snakes, due to the story I heard as a child. About the Devil taking snake form to deceive Eve. So I feared snakes. Now I still fear them, for different reason, I don't know how to handle them properly LOL just like I don't know how to handle tigers and such.

Hope this helps. Gotta go for dinner.

• Leoscorpion I SWEAR to you. I also dream about snakes when I am surrounded by manipulative people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last dream I had, I dreamt three different snakes. One was a: beautiful Bright Red, one was a beautiful Royal Blue, and the other one was a beautiful irridescent Taupe color.

Each one repressented the Three nasty former co-workers I used to work with.

• LOL pilot

yeah it's quite common that snakes represent manipulative people

I had a few dreams where they were just watching me

I was at the time new at work, so of course I was watched LOL everyone had to pass 3 mths probation period.

• leoscorpion, I really want to thank you for your response. I kind of felt it was not a lost gift, more repressed than anything. You may very well be right about at the time of my encounter I just didn't understand what I was seeing. You know the emotional upheaval in a teenagers life probably played a big role in "wigging me out" too. I try to meditate. I've only done so successfully on one occasion. I've had a lot of near misses but I always feel like I come out of it before I've finished. I feel like the guided meditations I've used are too fast paced. It takes me awhile and just when I feel like I'm there I'm pulled out of it with the guide on the tape or cd. That is a bit frustrating. I welcome any suggestions for good meditations.

I just have the feeling that right now I'm just about where I'm supposed to be somehow to be more open to what surrounds me.

I really appreciate having a place like this to talk about what is going on around me and in me. So often in life stuff like this isn't exactly a typical topic of conversation it's nice to have a place to speak freely and receive good banter in response. Keep the thoughts coming. Thanks.

• You know I don't think I've ever dreamt of snakes but based on the meaning I sure should have been from jobs in the past......LOL

• LOL yeah I hear ya ! workplaces are often full of negativity due to increasing competition, deadlines etc

about your gifts, yep that's what I thought. It isn't lost, so it's not about regaining it. you just need to develop it. meditation is very useful for developing psyche ability, but it might differ from one person to another, which type works and which doesn't.

Were you doing guided Zen meditation? Did I post it for you?

If not, maybe you need to try that one. Let me know.

It does take time. I have only managed to do it since last year, was trying hard for probaby 3 months.

• When meditation works it's amazing! When it worked it was quite an experience although I must admit the spinning takes getting used to; I've never had motion sickness before but now I know what it feels like. Meditation in general though for me it has been a struggle to get there so to speak. The meditation I used, I know some will say sounds bad but the best was from John Edward, the others I've tried came off the web and from a Sylvia Browne book. I'd be interested in the Zen version. Is it something I can download to a cd? For me beyond the "fear factor" I think the greatest obstacle has been pushing thoughts away and finding quiet time with a 2 year old grandchild in the house. Her gifts are amazing already I can only imagine what her future holds. My daughters are very precognitive with sensations. I think she may "see" but won't admit to it, she doesn't like it and was badly bothered in a previous home. My brother has the most open receiver if you will and his sons too carry the same. My eldest brother though, he thinks we're all nuts. Gotta love the skeptics.

I am glad to hear that my sight is not lost just blocked I guess. I suspected as much but wasn't sure. The power of the human mind as you know is incredible. I'll be curious to see what lies ahead.

Please post the meditation you mentioned for me. Thanks.

• OO John Edwards from Crossing Over? I don't watch TV much, I remember that show though. I love him ! Didn't know he has a meditation CD, coolness !

what is the title of this CD?

About Zen meditation, it works for me, do't know if it works for you. I'll copy and paste it here from anmolmehta dot com :

Guided Basic Zen Meditation Technique (Zazen):

•Find a quiet place and sit in a comfortable cross legged position. If using a zafu or similar meditation cushion or any cushion you sit comfortably on, sit on the forward third of the cushion. The objective is for your hips to be raised above your knees and to form a three point base with your knees and buttocks touching the floor/cushion (leave a comment below if want to use a chair or meditation bench and would like me to explain those details).

•Set your alarm or other time device for 20 minutes.

•Now elongate your spine upwards and to align it with the back of your head, subtly bring your chin back and in like a soldier at attention. There will be a slight inward arch in your lower back.

•Now rock gently from side to side in big arcs, making them smaller and smaller till you drift to a stop. You should find yourself perpendicular to the floor with no tension or pull from either side.

•Have your eyes half open with an unfocused gaze on the floor in front of you. You should be looking down at a 45 degree angle about 2 to 3 feet in front of you. You may also close your eyes if you prefer.

•Bring your hands to your lap and place them in the cosmic mudra. To do this rest your right hand on your lap, then rest your left hand on top of it and have your fingers overlap. Now bring the thumb tips together thus forming an oval frame.

•Close your mouth, swallow your saliva creating a slight vacuum and place your tongue against the roof of your mouth. After this point there should be absolutely no more movement of the body. No fidgeting, scratching, shifting - nothing - be like you are frozen in time.

•Take 5 deep, slow breaths though the nose. This will oxygenate your blood and relax you.

•Now bring you attention to your breath without trying to manipulate it further in any way, just become aware of its flow. Spend a few minutes just observing it intimately till it starts to become regular and relaxed.

•At this point begin counting your breath. Count an inhalation as one, then the exhalation as 2 and continue to count your breaths until you reach 10. At which point return to 1 with the next inhalation. If at any point you get caught in a mental story line and loose your count, gently, without passing any judgment, return to 1 and start over. That’s it, continue for the duration of the meditation

• Hey thanks for the meditation guide.

Yes John Edward from Crossing Over. I don't think the show is on anymore but I used to love watching it. I've caught a little flack from those who didn't believe in his abilities. The John Edward meditation is part of a tape series/cd series called "Developing your psychic powers." I personally really like the progression of the meditation but he talks so darn fast I always feel like I'm being rushed out of meditation before I'm done. He also has a good one written in the back of his book "One Last time". I bought that book years ago when I first was working on getting what I thought I lost back. And my dog ate the back pages of the book, eliminating the meditation guide. Sort of took that as a sign it wasn't the right time. Bought the tape program later, one of these days I'd like to get it on cd but being part of a set it's not cheap. Although you may be able to buy it separately. Check your local book store. Borders used to carry his stuff.

• OK Coolness! thanks for the info.

LOL at your dog ate part of the book 🙂 pets do funniest things don't they

It would be nice if those in your family have the same ability, also try meditation

choose between John's and Zen - I mean

about skeptics, meh, been there - kind of grow old of arguing so I ignore them

hope the zen meditation helps, you can use any music you like or pure silence

• leoscorpion, things seem to be coming more easily. In describing a recent meditation I was told it sounds like my "third eye" is opening up. This is some journey. I'm really glad to have people like you to share it all with and help me understand it as I go along.

• glad that it works, RC

yes if done correctly, meditation can open and balance chakras, including third eye

here is something about closed chakra problem

if you do the test you will know which chakra needs opening and balancing at any given time

can't give you the link as it is, because admin will delete it

• Hey thanks I'll check it out.